Whitworth Yed

Gene Ormsby

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

When do we expect a decision on the trialists?

 

3 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

When do we expect a decision on the trialists?

When they're picked or kicked out i expect.  Hopefully, they've been told personally. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughyed34 Are u you telling me that a person imployed as a coach of Oldham rugby has not signed his son from Salford academy 

its not Peter Carey's son so don't pick hairs with me 

how disrespectful are you of young lads playing in Oldham that these coaches paid by you fans can't be arsed to even look at them and they wonder why people don't connect or support there team 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Roughyed34 Are u you telling me that a person imployed as a coach of Oldham rugby has not signed his son from Salford academy 

its not Peter Carey's son so don't pick hairs with me 

how disrespectful are you of young lads playing in Oldham that these coaches paid by you fans can't be arsed to even look at them and they wonder why people don't connect or support there team 

Zzz

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Roughyed34 Are u you telling me that a person imployed as a coach of Oldham rugby has not signed his son from Salford academy 

its not Peter Carey's son so don't pick hairs with me 

how disrespectful are you of young lads playing in Oldham that these coaches paid by you fans can't be arsed to even look at them and they wonder why people don't connect or support there team 

I think you'll find the word your looking for is"employed" and not"imployed".:biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The coaching staff will look everywhere for players, it's not disrespectful from me to lads in Oldham who play the game.I do actually go to Saddleworth Rangers when time allows me to. If they decide there are no players available\willing\good enough in Oldham amateur sides to improve the squad at ORLFC then the simple fact is there won't be any of the local amateur lads offered a trial etc. 

A coach formerly employed by Oldham in conjunction with the head coach and staff did indeed sign his son. What's the problem with that? Not exactly a bad player for sure. 

Anyway reading the rest of your comments on other threads,everything is negative.I for one had a belting day yesterday at Haven watching 17 lads put everything in to get us a great result. I couldn't care less if they were all from Oldham ,Mars or the moon. They represented ORLFC with pride and passion and that's good enough for me and the fans who travelled,who support various amateur Oldham clubs (as do many of the fans who don't travel), seems like they can connect to the club and give magnificent support even if the side isn't stacked with players from their amateur clubs. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

The coaching staff will look everywhere for players, it's not disrespectful from me to lads in Oldham who play the game.I do actually go to Saddleworth Rangers when time allows me to. If they decide there are no players available\willing\good enough in Oldham amateur sides to improve the squad at ORLFC then the simple fact is there won't be any of the local amateur lads offered a trial etc. 

A coach formerly employed by Oldham in conjunction with the head coach and staff did indeed sign his son. What's the problem with that? Not exactly a bad player for sure. 

Anyway reading the rest of your comments on other threads,everything is negative.I for one had a belting day yesterday at Haven watching 17 lads put everything in to get us a great result. I couldn't care less if they were all from Oldham ,Mars or the moon. They represented ORLFC with pride and passion and that's good enough for me and the fans who travelled,who support various amateur Oldham clubs (as do many of the fans who don't travel), seems like they can connect to the club and give magnificent support even if the side isn't stacked with players from their amateur clubs. 

You watch saddie do you, good man.I do try and get up there when I get the chance. Don't go to that many away roughyeds games but I do when I can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye mate played for Rangers in my youth as well, many moons ago haha.

Can't ask for more if people travel when they can. This league has a fair few long distance treks!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played for rangers under 13 & 15 and then the first. 

Played for St Annes as well, Rochdale hornets sent me to Shaw, in the pennine league. 

In one standard cup semi at Saddleworth there must have been 1500 species watching 

Hence why I do believe that the game is on a slippery slope 

Finally I watch Oldham regardless of where they are from. Remember in the 80s we had men from Castleford Featherstone Halifax Warrington Wigan, Morocco Huddersfield Fiji new Zealand Australia and Ben Olson from Scandinavian (he is more 90s) just goes to show Oldham means the 17 lads who pull on the Oldham rlfc shirt 

Play with heart passion pace and control aggression 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Aye mate played for Rangers in my youth as well, many moons ago haha.

Can't ask for more if people travel when they can. This league has a fair few long distance treks!

 

I played for St Anne's when at school, I also played for counthill.I took my lad to watch a St Anne's game about 3 season's ago,my God it seemed clicky so we give saddie a go and now we go when we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

lol!

I think it was the season before last,me and my son watched saddie play waterhead at saddleworth. It was rammed I'm glad we got there early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I think it was the season before last,me and my son watched saddie play waterhead at saddleworth. It was rammed I'm glad we got there early.

I was laughing at "species" instead of "speccies".......the autocorrect made me smile!

Waterhead....I played for the under 18s in the mid 1970s,but then started playing Union for Oldham College as I was off to London University and wanted to get some experience at that game. We used to play home games at Merton Playing Fields and usually had ONE spectator-the 16 year old daughter of the landlady of the pub in Failsworth we used as the team HQ!  The highlight of my week back then was seeing my name on the team sheet printed in Fridays Oldham Chronicle.

Edited by Pigeon Lofter
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have attached ourselves to St Anne's my 6 year old son and nephew play with themm. A fantastically welcoming club. 

We went on nye, so good.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online 28 Jun - July 2018

Rugby League World - July 2018 - Out Fri 29 Jun

Rugby League Books On Sale Here