Whitworth Yed

Gene Ormsby

3 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

When do we expect a decision on the trialists?

3 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

When do we expect a decision on the trialists?

When they're picked or kicked out i expect.  Hopefully, they've been told personally. 

Roughyed34 Are u you telling me that a person imployed as a coach of Oldham rugby has not signed his son from Salford academy 

its not Peter Carey's son so don't pick hairs with me 

how disrespectful are you of young lads playing in Oldham that these coaches paid by you fans can't be arsed to even look at them and they wonder why people don't connect or support there team 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Roughyed34 Are u you telling me that a person imployed as a coach of Oldham rugby has not signed his son from Salford academy 

how disrespectful are you of young lads playing in Oldham that these coaches paid by you fans can't be arsed to even look at them and they wonder why people don't connect or support there team 

Zzz

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Little no it all said:

I think you'll find the word your looking for is"employed" and not"imployed".:biggrin:

• Haha 1

The coaching staff will look everywhere for players, it's not disrespectful from me to lads in Oldham who play the game.I do actually go to Saddleworth Rangers when time allows me to. If they decide there are no players available\willing\good enough in Oldham amateur sides to improve the squad at ORLFC then the simple fact is there won't be any of the local amateur lads offered a trial etc. 

A coach formerly employed by Oldham in conjunction with the head coach and staff did indeed sign his son. What's the problem with that? Not exactly a bad player for sure. 

Anyway reading the rest of your comments on other threads,everything is negative.I for one had a belting day yesterday at Haven watching 17 lads put everything in to get us a great result. I couldn't care less if they were all from Oldham ,Mars or the moon. They represented ORLFC with pride and passion and that's good enough for me and the fans who travelled,who support various amateur Oldham clubs (as do many of the fans who don't travel), seems like they can connect to the club and give magnificent support even if the side isn't stacked with players from their amateur clubs. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

The coaching staff will look everywhere for players, it's not disrespectful from me to lads in Oldham who play the game.I do actually go to Saddleworth Rangers when time allows me to. If they decide there are no players available\willing\good enough in Oldham amateur sides to improve the squad at ORLFC then the simple fact is there won't be any of the local amateur lads offered a trial etc. 

A coach formerly employed by Oldham in conjunction with the head coach and staff did indeed sign his son. What's the problem with that? Not exactly a bad player for sure. 

Anyway reading the rest of your comments on other threads,everything is negative.I for one had a belting day yesterday at Haven watching 17 lads put everything in to get us a great result. I couldn't care less if they were all from Oldham ,Mars or the moon. They represented ORLFC with pride and passion and that's good enough for me and the fans who travelled,who support various amateur Oldham clubs (as do many of the fans who don't travel), seems like they can connect to the club and give magnificent support even if the side isn't stacked with players from their amateur clubs. 

You watch saddie do you, good man.I do try and get up there when I get the chance. Don't go to that many away roughyeds games but I do when I can.

• Like 1

Aye mate played for Rangers in my youth as well, many moons ago haha.

Can't ask for more if people travel when they can. This league has a fair few long distance treks!

• Like 2

I played for rangers under 13 & 15 and then the first. 

Played for St Annes as well, Rochdale hornets sent me to Shaw, in the pennine league. 

In one standard cup semi at Saddleworth there must have been 1500 species watching 

Hence why I do believe that the game is on a slippery slope 

Finally I watch Oldham regardless of where they are from. Remember in the 80s we had men from Castleford Featherstone Halifax Warrington Wigan, Morocco Huddersfield Fiji new Zealand Australia and Ben Olson from Scandinavian (he is more 90s) just goes to show Oldham means the 17 lads who pull on the Oldham rlfc shirt 

Play with heart passion pace and control aggression 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Aye mate played for Rangers in my youth as well, many moons ago haha.

Can't ask for more if people travel when they can. This league has a fair few long distance treks!

I played for St Anne's when at school, I also played for counthill.I took my lad to watch a St Anne's game about 3 season's ago,my God it seemed clicky so we give saddie a go and now we go when we can.

2 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

lol!

I think it was the season before last,me and my son watched saddie play waterhead at saddleworth. It was rammed I'm glad we got there early.

46 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I think it was the season before last,me and my son watched saddie play waterhead at saddleworth. It was rammed I'm glad we got there early.

I was laughing at "species" instead of "speccies".......the autocorrect made me smile!

Waterhead....I played for the under 18s in the mid 1970s,but then started playing Union for Oldham College as I was off to London University and wanted to get some experience at that game. We used to play home games at Merton Playing Fields and usually had ONE spectator-the 16 year old daughter of the landlady of the pub in Failsworth we used as the team HQ!  The highlight of my week back then was seeing my name on the team sheet printed in Fridays Oldham Chronicle.

Edited by Pigeon Lofter
  • Like 2

We have attached ourselves to St Anne's my 6 year old son and nephew play with themm. A fantastically welcoming club. 

We went on nye, so good.. 

• Like 2