Whitworth Yed

Gene Ormsby

I see Mr Ormsby has been released by Huddersfield.

If he had the same attitude there as he did for his brief appearance for his home town club then I am not surprised.

According to his (ex)Giants profile....

Wing/Centre. D.O.B, 12/09/1992. Weight, 92kg. Height, 185cm. Birth place, Manchester. 

Clifford, Oldham's NOT part of Manchester, no more than Ashton and Rochdale are part of Oldham, even though they have Oldham post codes.

• Like 2

Played twice for us on DR from Hudds,both times he was garbage. Attitude stinks. Gave the impression he  would rather be somewhere else.Definitely didn't endear himself to Oldham fans at all.

Shame he has never established himself anywhere, has the talent but seems not to want to apply himself. We are better off without imho. 

PS. I'm with Afi on the MCR thing, Oldham deffo is not in MCR, only link to Manchester is the horrific Greater Manchester administrative county label. Always Oldham,Lancashire for me 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, clifford said:

Oldham is in Manchester, and part of Oldham does carry a Manchester postcode 😜

I don't know if you meant that as a wind up but I wholeheartedly disagree with it.Oldham is as much a part of Manchester as Delhi, Nairobi or anywhere else,it's not.I'm an oldhamer,never a manc.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't know if you meant that as a wind up but I wholeheartedly disagree with it.Oldham is as much a part of Manchester as Delhi, Nairobi or anywhere else,it's not.I'm an oldhamer,never a manc.

I thought the smiley face sticking his tongue out might have been a huge give away. 

All I was trying to say is that he might have lived in Failsworth, part of Oldham with a Manchester postcode, and therefore he considered himself to be from Manchester and not from Oldham. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clifford said:

I thought the smiley face sticking his tongue out might have been a huge give away. 

All I was trying to say is that he might have lived in Failsworth, part of Oldham with a Manchester postcode, and therefore he considered himself to be from Manchester and not from Oldham. 

I did get it mate.It's still filthy talk in these parts.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wherever he is from he is still 🐕💩.

Hopefully we sign the triallist lads up,far more heart in them than Ormsby.

Gene Ormsby is from Audenshaw, went to Audenshaw high(big union school) and was introduced to league when they started playing it as well, liked the game, started playing for St Annes  and was snapped up pretty quick by Warringon academy.

E

7 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Lad played for Oldham st Anne’s so he’s more Oldham than the lads naylor and the bloke from folly lane who only signs Salford cast offs and his son 

7 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Lad played for Oldham st Anne’s so he’s more Oldham than the lads naylor and the bloke from folly lane who only signs Salford cast offs and his son 

At least the lads Baylor signs put some effort in 

8 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Didn't know Pete Carey's son played for us 😂 

Those "Salford cast offs and his son" have a lot of pride in their shirts. How disrespectful can you be to Oldham players? All our players give everything regardless of where  they come from. 

What's it matter if players are more or less "Oldham" than others? They are all Oldham,a team,a band of brothers, a great bunch of lads and a team I ,for one ,am proud to support all over the country.

• Like 3

If memory serves me correctly, not many of the great ORLFC team of the 1950s were from Oldham.

Didn't seem to affect their performances for the club much.

• Like 5

On my experience what matters is the heart and desire that the player has within the shirt 

• Like 3

@Little no it all

From your post and apparent lack of awareness of people at the club, it appears that you haven't been to watch the team for a while. 

Come down to the Vestacare Stadium when we're at home.  It's not Old Trafford for sure, but it's tidy, the playing surface is looking really good, the club house is smart and there was a really good vibe when we played Keighley the other week.

Go on, it's fun!

Edited by Dave Naylor
fat fingers
  • Like 4