Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

Season starts at Leigh

After watching Leigh wolfpack v Leigh there will be no repeats of our first outing a couple of year back. Leigh to go back up for me

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, 9' oller said:

After watching Leigh wolfpack v Leigh there will be no repeats of our first outing a couple of year back. Leigh to go back up for me

Really.... I'm going for wolfpack to go up after last Sunday's result against Leigh. 

• Thanks 1

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Rowley men had something to prove. They won't steamroll teams like last year but if we keep either under 50 I'd take that

My thoughts are the same 9' oller about Leigh, last time 2 years ago we caught them cold in the seasons opener, they have probably lost their only match for this season.

I would be more than pleasantly happy if we turned them over.

Well, having had the misfortune to watch our game against Toronto live - if you can achieve quick play-the-balls and slow ours down, you may be in for a happy afternoon! We didn't have a clue how to cope with that. Toronto out-coached, out-thought, out-enthused, out-skilled, out-paced and generally out-played us in every facet of the game.

If you are coming over to LSV, have a safe journey.

• Like 4

Watched on tv and Toronto centurions were allowed an extra 2-5 ms defensive line speed. Most super league clubs would struggle to make any yardage ball in hand!

2 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Watched on tv and Toronto centurions were allowed an extra 2-5 ms defensive line speed. Most super league clubs would struggle to make any yardage ball in hand!

I agree, the only Super League team that could have given Toronto a go last week was St. Helens...wait until 'The Big Bad Wolf' grabs the neck of that scrawny bulldog and starts to shake...you never know what crazy posts will come loose!

Hey you'e strolled through the pub league but you may come unstuck on a few occasions now in the championship.

It was unbearable watching you last year with the prize plumb commentator on premier "touch downs" need i digress.

The games were enjoyable whilst lowly championship 1 teams matched 3 or 4 sets. Now the nitty gritty. You've assembled a team too good at this level but short of super league standard.

If and a big if your invited to the top table will Perez still feel flush to buy real talent not journeymen

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I agree, the only Super League team that could have given Toronto a go last week was St. Helens...wait until 'The Big Bad Wolf' grabs the neck of that scrawny bulldog and starts to shake...you never know what crazy posts will come loose!

fevs gonna ger yers at playtime...:download:just hope its its ont telly.:vinsent:

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

To be fair the void between budgets of the Wolfpack and the Bulldogs has to be even more than massive 

If the Bulldogs get within 40 points there really should be questions asked ! The squad you have is impressive but far from Super League standard .They are there for the money whereas the Batley boys pull a shirt on because they want to play for Batley 

Good luck but it won't all be plain sailing there are some tough teams in this league 

8 minutes ago, silverback said:

fevs gonna ger yers at playtime...:download:just hope its its ont telly.:vinsent:

5 minutes ago, Johndeere said:

To be fair the void between budgets of the Wolfpack and the Bulldogs has to be even more than massive 

If the Bulldogs get within 40 points there really should be questions asked ! The squad you have is impressive but far from Super League standard .They are there for the money whereas the Batley boys pull a shirt on because they want to play for Batley 

Good luck but it won't all be plain sailing there are some tough teams in this league 

I know that...I was just replying to a certain poster who makes constant digs at my team thats all.  Nothing but respect for you guys.  Fev does look tough and will give us a tough game.   But I am serious about the first week, i thought the Wolfpack played better than any of the Super League teams except St. Helens...they literally dismantled Leigh, just ground them down.

All the best in your upcoming games.

10 minutes ago, Johndeere said:

If its red it stays in the shed...nothing runs like a deer..wink, wink.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I know that...I was just replying to a certain poster who makes constant digs at my team thats all.  Nothing but respect for you guys.  Fev does look tough and will give us a tough game.   But I am serious about the first week, i thought the Wolfpack played better than any of the Super League teams except St. Helens...they literally dismantled Leigh, just ground them down.

All the best in your upcoming games.

How can you compare playing Leigh to SL teams you may have only seen on the TV! Don't underestimate how good SL teams are, nor over estimate how good you are! Also, it was a season opener for all teams (except us and Rochdale) in the Championship, so no form for anyone yet! 

Good luck for the rest of the season.

5 hours ago, 9' oller said:

There not super league lol

Ten of Toronto's team last weekend, previously played for Leigh. At the time those players left Leigh, I would have said they weren't good enough for Super League - heck, most of them weren't good enough to get us to SL, never mind survive there. However, based on last week's showing, they do, in my opinion, have players who would be fine at SL - including former Leythers Ryan Brierley, Liam Kay, Andrew Dixon, and the evergreen Bob Beswick.

I totally disagree with the concept of North American teams in our leagues, but would have to admit I was impressed with their performance against us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

There not super league lol

Ya I know they are really at top flight  NRL level but hey, thats just the way it is.

• Haha 1

Kayakman, if this rain keeps pouring down, Barrow on Sunday will be a lot tougher for Manchester Wolfpack than it was at Leigh, last week...

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, 9' oller said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Rowley men had something to prove. They won't steamroll teams like last year but if we keep either under 50 I'd take that

You will keep it under 50, I predict Centurions 28 Bulldogs 14.

Good point clogdance re Cumbrian weather. I mean who would have thought little old Scotland could stun New Zealand in to a draw up there. Good luck to the Barrow boys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, distantdog said:

How can you compare playing Leigh to SL teams you may have only seen on the TV! Don't underestimate how good SL teams are, nor over estimate how good you are! Also, it was a season opener for all teams (except us and Rochdale) in the Championship, so no form for anyone yet! 

Good luck for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Kayakman, if this rain keeps pouring down, Barrow on Sunday will be a lot tougher for Manchester Wolfpack than it was at Leigh, last week...

Our Canadian boys are used to the bad weather...-15 and three feet of snow in the last 2 days here.  No one is underestimating anyone on this side of the pond....it seems over there though The Wolfpack is constantly underestimated....but look at all their stats from last year and the Leigh game.  If you crunch the numbers you notice that NO pro team has a better won/lost, point differential, etc. That is what the numbers say...its mathematical...the numbers don't lie.

The way they played last week they would have dismantled everyone (including Leeds) in Super League except St.Helens.  Like come on be fair and honest about it for just once fellas...finally give us our due.

They are NOT Canadian boys, and as for 'dismantling everyone in Sooper League' apart from Saints.....make sure you keep taking your medication....xx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clogdance said:

They are NOT Canadian boys, and as for 'dismantling everyone in Sooper League' apart from Saints.....make sure you keep taking your medication....xx

Come on Clogdance cut us a wee bit of slack over here...its been a long cold winter!  Don't you have a heart!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Toronto are nowhere near super league standard, but having said that they are a very good championship side that will take some beating. By beating Leigh on the first match counts for nothing but they still have my vote to get promotion this season. 

21 hours ago, Kayakman said:

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Come on Clogdance cut us a wee bit of slack over here...its been a long cold winter!  Don't you have a heart!

C'mon, Kayakman. You can't behave like a huffing Big Bad Wolf threatening to 'shake the neck of a scrawny bulldog' one minute, then in the next plead for a 'wee bit of slack' like a Little Pig cowering in his house of straw!

Consistency, please!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1