Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

Season starts at Leigh

These are past incidents as I no longer make the journey over to Leigh and am in no hurry to return. 

Nobody mentioned food it's the admisson price that's steep. Tagged that on at the end with the weather as a jokey excuse. I would not go to Leigh if it was free and I did not go when it was free in and a free bus over. A lot of the disgruntled Bulldogs are older and probably don't use this forum to be able to agree with issues I have highlighted. Some did take to twitter though, so it's not just me who won't be at Leigh away games.

You'll not notice though with all the thousands you pull in fans. Good luck for the rest of the season. I sincerely hope you guys jumP back up and not Toronto (now that's a different ketype of fish).

On 12/02/2018 at 7:22 PM, TMF said:

Looking at this site to see any comments on playing us next week but can't believe what i'm reading about your admission prices. £23 for full and £18 for pensioners? Can't be right surely? At Barrow it's £15 and £10.

I assure you I paid £18 as a pensioner and my son paid £23 it was apparently cheaper behind the posts were we would of preffered to be but because we were away supporters they would not sell us tickets for that stand.

Edited by ernieone

The same as the last league match before you got promoted because we were wearing  Batley shirts they would not sell us tickets for the North Stand, do not know whether it is to protect the Leigh fans or us:hi:

Perhaps next time we will leave our shirts in the car get the tickets and then go back and put the shirt on;)

Sorry guys, but i'm in a state of shock. So, If a supporter wants to take his wife and dad to a game, it's going to cost him £64? I don't believe it. Oh, and if he wants to take his, lets say, two children, I don't know what Leigh charge for kids, lets say it's nothing, but you are starting to get into the realm of Premiership football. I know one thing, I love my team but I won't be coming to Leigh out of principal. I hope you get promoted and good luck with that, because I just want to support a club that relies on its fans, and local sponsors, and not SKY or BT or Premier. Might seem old fashioned,  but, well, i'm glad you people of Leigh have more spending power than we have.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Sorry guys, but i'm in a state of shock. So, If a supporter wants to take his wife and dad to a game, it's going to cost him £64? I don't believe it. Oh, and if he wants to take his, lets say, two children, I don't know what Leigh charge for kids, lets say it's nothing, but you are starting to get into the realm of Premiership football. I know one thing, I love my team but I won't be coming to Leigh out of principal. I hope you get promoted and good luck with that, because I just want to support a club that relies on its fans, and local sponsors, and not SKY or BT or Premier. Might seem old fashioned,  but, well, i'm glad you people of Leigh have more spending power than we have.

Are you sure you're on the right forum?

On 04/02/2018 at 6:18 PM, RobertAM said:

On 08/02/2018 at 3:37 PM, Bearman said:

He has been pretty good the last couple of times we have had him.

Me and my brother was in north stand with a few more Dog fans and had no problem at all, was chatting all way through game with a leigh fan and his son and a few more,  and they was saying how much they enjoy going to mount pleasant and will catch up at ours, so can't tarnish all Leigh fans as we have never had any problems with them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Me and my brother was in north stand with a few more Dog fans and had no problem at all, was chatting all way through game with a leigh fan and his son and a few more,  and they was saying how much they enjoy going to mount pleasant and will catch up at ours, so can't tarnish all Leigh fans as we have never had any problems with them.

yes stevieb but leigh won

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

No, don't think you've quite got the hang of posting yet

Lol, I know, i'm sorry. But wait till i do. Actually, it was a cross over from old to new computer, with the obvious problems. Anyway, good luck and sorry i'll miss you guys in May due to being on holiday. I think we showed on Sunday SL Toronto ain't gonna have it all their own way but i do love their forum. They love the game, which is great.