Sign in to follow this  
MirfieldRams

Rochdale Hornets Away

It's a pretty poor show by Rochdale too have 2 games postponed due to pitch issues whether water logged or hosting FA Cup games

Maybe the extra money they paid Adamson to entice him away from the rams would have been better spent on the field. 

No sympathy at all

Edited by coolie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MirfieldRams said:

Anyone heard when this will be played, now original date is postponed due to FA Cup tie with Tottenham for the footy team?

Ow get in the queue....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

It's a pretty poor show by Rochdale too have 2 games postponed due to pitch issues whether water logged or hosting FA Cup games

Maybe the extra money they paid Adamson to entice him away from the rams would have been better spent on the field. 

No sympathy at all

The RL club have no choice (ALL soccer games take precedence over RL at all shared grounds) and, as it isn't their pitch can't be blamed for the ground being unplayable.

• Like 1

The latest development is that Pocchettino is trying to get the FA to condemn their ground as unsuitable for his precious lovelies to play on.

Spurs might as well pop up to Blackpool to prepare for this game.  Have you seen how much sand was on the pitch?  A case of "find a blade of grass".

Hornets are tenants so will always be second to the landlord eg football club. 

Also when offered £250k to have it televised, wouldn’t every club say yes to a Sunday kick off!!

Edited by MirfieldRams

1 hour ago, coolie said:

No sympathy at all

Hornets are tenants so will always be second to the landlord eg football club. 

Also when offered £250k to have it televised, wouldn’t every club say yes to a Sunday kick off!! It’s nothing to do with the pitch or rugby club

Is there any reason why the fixtures can't be switched and we play them at our place on the 18th ??......... Surely better than the likelihood of a mid-week trip over the Pennines............ Our pitch looked well for the time of year against Sheffield (benefit of the artificial pitches ??) and I would have thought would stand up to three games in 16 days....... Sure there'll be a reason why this can't happen but would be interested to know why

35 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Is there any reason why the fixtures can't be switched and we play them at our place on the 18th ??......... Surely better than the likelihood of a mid-week trip over the Pennines............ Our pitch looked well for the time of year against Sheffield (benefit of the artificial pitches ??) and I would have thought would stand up to three games in 16 days....... Sure there'll be a reason why this can't happen but would be interested to know why

If that happens, we'll have four home matches in a row. And then four away matches in a row later in the season.

Not ideal for players, coaches or chairmen. I can understand if Neil and / or Mark are keen to avoid that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

If that happens, we'll have four home matches in a row. And then four away matches in a row later in the season.

Not ideal for players, coaches or chairmen. I can understand if Neil and / or Mark are keen to avoid that.

Would be London, Rochdale and Fax away before Summer Bash. We would also have a week off between Rochdale and Fax unless we progress in CC. Much prefer to have 4 home games to start the season than have to go to Rochdale mid week and possibly play 3 games in 8 days. Dependant where it's slotted in we might still end up with 3 away games in a row anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Postponed? I've booked t'hotel an' all!

And your charabanc?

Edited by Blind side johnny

Shambolic decision by rochdale

Just looked at the 10 day forecast 

There is sleet and snow during the week, next weekend is rain, they will be lucky to get the FA Cup game on nevermind a rugby match 24 hours later

Madness they call it madness 

Wanting players to risk injury on a field it is unplayable and waterlogged 

Yes Rochdale are desperate for revenue

But player welfare for both teams should be paramount. 

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I won't be traveling over the Pennines on a Monday night.

Will you turn into a pumpkin if you do?

(I think it has already started to happen btw.)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Will you turn into a pumpkin if you do?

(I think it has already started to happen btw.)

I wash my hair on a Monday night 😂 seriously though I can't see a game been played on that field any day soon,it's in a right state.

Today's football match v Fleetwood was called off. New pitch being laid ASAP under the supervision of an FA groundsman apparently. At least Spurs will be pleased.

I haven't any stats to prove it but the level of rain in this area  since September has been unprecedented.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Today's football match v Fleetwood was called off. New pitch being laid ASAP under the supervision of an FA groundsman apparently. At least Spurs will be pleased.

I haven't any stats to prove it but the level of rain in this area  since September has been unprecedented.

Hmm, I bet there is a precedent but maybe before your time.

Has their game with the noisy neighbours been rearranged? If not do they see this as a relegation battle and better played when they get a few loan players on board.??

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

Hmm, I bet there is a precedent but maybe before your time.

Well I go back a long way and I can't remember an autumn and winter as wet as this. My patio at the back of our South facing house doesn't get much sun normally. So it always goes a little mildewy and needs jet washing around April time.

At the moment it looks like somebody has painted the flagstones green. I've lived in the house for 25 years now and I've never seen it that bad. We get the rain from the predominantly West wind here just before the Pennines. Most of it has landed on us before you get your share.

Yesterday it rained most of the day and it's just started raining again now.

I'm led to understand the new pitch work started last night .

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, fredm said:

Spurs might as well pop up to Blackpool to prepare for this game.  Have you seen how much sand was on the pitch?  A case of "find a blade of grass".

Well we are on Sandy Lane........

On 2/10/2018 at 11:28 AM, coolie said:

Shambolic decision by rochdale

Just looked at the 10 day forecast 

There is sleet and snow during the week, next weekend is rain, they will be lucky to get the FA Cup game on nevermind a rugby match 24 hours later

Madness they call it madness 

Wanting players to risk injury on a field it is unplayable and waterlogged 

Yes Rochdale are desperate for revenue

But player welfare for both teams should be paramount. 

Did you watch Barrow Vs Toronto.... ten minutes in couldn't tell who played for who.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:24 PM, graham fisher said:

Just seen Rochdale's game at Swinton tomorrow is called off,I wonder when their season will start.

Against you on the 19th at 7.45pm

PS We have 3 or 4 cm of snow this morning, I live about a half mile from the stadium.