Rochdale Hornets Away

MirfieldRams

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Unfortunately I was freezing my bits of following my team ;)"

Bits of what?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

"Unfortunately I was freezing my bits of following my team ;)"

Bits of what?

You know exactly what bits

You was stood next to me 

And if you was more a door than a window... 

I wouldn't have been so cold ;)

48 minutes ago, coolie said:

See this is how cold it was ;)

IMG_20180211_155341.jpg

I notice they were wearing a hat - that must have been nice  and cosy. :aggressive:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, coolie said:

See this is how cold it was ;)

IMG_20180211_155341.jpg

Capacity crowd? Or can nobody who stands behind you see!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Don't worry the crowd changes were announced before the kick off ;)

Ba-dum tsssh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Back to business (if it goes ahead, bad forecast for that side of Pennines again..)...Ill go;

Rams 12, Rochdale 16.  Think we will might be missing a couple and Hornets will be chomping at the bit.

Attendance; 525

first rams try: Glover

After last year's debacle we should feel that we have something to prove. However, if you look at the history of games between these two clubs the only certainty is unpredictability.

I will be optimistic, for once:

Hornets 16 - 24 Rams

FTS Glover

Att 635

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

After last year's debacle we should feel that we have something to prove. However, if you look at the history of games between these two clubs the only certainty is unpredictability.

I will be optimistic, for once:

Hornets 16 - 24 Rams

FTS Glover

Att 635

Can't be as bad as last season when we played them,can we?

Nah I'm going for a Rams win.

Rochdale 16

Rams 23

FTS Guzdek

MOM Sykes

Att 535

We seem to be quite optimistic about this fixture, but won't the Adamson boys want a say in bringing about our downfall?

Well they may, but I feel optimistic too, providing we tackle like last week and cut down on those silly penalties. 

Rochdale 14-24 Dewsbury

FTS: Morton

MoM: Sykes

Att: 608

Legs, Dews, Legs.

20 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Think I read that TOBY Adamson won't be fit to take part tomorrow.......... Not bad news for us, I think.

Weather forecast looks reasonably OK as well, so it looks like game on !!

Who's doing your weather forecasts, unless the weather west of the Pennines is much better than here he needs a new job..Ain't stopped raining since I got up!!

That said their pinch looked top notch yesterday so I'm sure its not gonna matter..

26 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Our club does not seem to publish the match day squad, but League Express managed to reveal both squads. No Moore for us, but Sam Day is included, as are Everett, Spicer and Worrincy. 

Excellent news...on all 4!!

less so on Gareth Moore...reckon he'd have liked that brand spanking new pitch..

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Who's doing your weather forecasts, unless the weather west of the Pennines is much better than here he needs a new job..Ain't stopped raining since I got up!!

That said their pinch looked top notch yesterday so I'm sure its not gonna matter..

metoffice.gov.uk             Shows Rochdale with no more than 10% chance of rain, and lowest temperature 7degC at 10pm

Ideal conditions for Rugby League n'est ce pas ????

Defence was good again and we scored some great tries on attack with two from crunching tackles on Rochdale players making them lose the ball for us to scoop and score (Glover and Brown). One of Worrincy's two was Rombo-like when he went 90 metres and Guzdek's was from a lovely short pass from Sykes about 20 yards out.

Not sure what changed in the second half; just the one score about twenty minutes into the half. Still lost the penalty count 8-3. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Great result for us; one of the most entertaining first halves of footy I’ve seen the Rams play in a long time. The second half was fairly stale but the game was all but won and the players were clearly saving their bodies for Sunday! 

Sykes was the man of the match in my opinion, three lovely assists that caught the opposition out each time and controlled the tempo of the game in my opinion. Glover, Worrincy (dealt with being targeted well in defence) English, Hallet and Spicer all very good too. 

Onto Sunday, let’s not waste this momentum! 

Utr

Archived