Sign in to follow this  
MirfieldRams

Rochdale Hornets Away

13 minutes ago, Tom Coates said:

...and if it is in your junk, there should be a button when you're in the email that you can press to indicate that it isn't junk, which should stop it getting sent there in the future.

Alright Tom as I don't have a bank account or PayPal say if I dropped a donation in to ady or Yvonne as they live quite close could you send me the link via email? 

6 minutes ago, ramsfandan said:

Alright Tom as I don't have a bank account or PayPal say if I dropped a donation in to ady or Yvonne as they live quite close could you send me the link via email? 

Hi Dan. Yeah not a problem. Drop me a message on Facebook and I will respond with the links.

2 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

A further note to emphasise that this isn't intended a as a proper 'TV service'. We don't have the infrastructure to implement that, so we're keeping the format fairly flexible and as affordable as possible.

The provision of highlights and video is merely a gesture of gratitude for donations to All Together 2018.

Its brilliant Tom. Well done.  IMHO a suitable version of the much discussed war chest in that people like me are only likely to donate and purchase the highlights after a good performance..

Intrigued that in 2018 there are still people who cant / don't want to contribute by credit / debit card, but can those that are reluctant to put such details on the WWW able to use Paypal or another means other than dropping off £5 at Mrs Smiths house on their way home?

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Its brilliant Tom. Well done.  IMHO a suitable version of the much discussed war chest in that people like me are only likely to donate and purchase the highlights after a good performance..

Intrigued that in 2018 there are still people who cant / don't want to contribute by credit / debit card, but can those that are reluctant to put such details on the WWW able to use Paypal or another means other than dropping off £5 at Mrs Smiths house on their way home?

I don't have my own bank account and get my wage paid into grandmas bank and she does not like to do internet banking. It's sorted anyway thank you Tom.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 11:02 PM, grumpyoldram said:

So now we can't afford them, can you let us know who it is we were never going to get ?

No. It's a secret. 

:tongue:

I only hear unsubstantiated rumours so it would be unfair to share them as they might well be wrong.

• Sad 1

On 2/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, Tom Coates said:

Good idea. Maybe one for 2019.

Overall, it's a fairly 'fluid' initiative, which means we'll continue to adapt and improve it to suit supporters' habits and preferences.

My vision is for it to become a platform for regular or occasional, small donations, although obviously we are very grateful to receive larger ones!

I like the fact that it is currently one step removed from the club. If it were to become a part of a ST package there could be problems with ring-fencing this money to keep it specifically for squad building purposes. When money all goes into one pot is is sometimes easy to forget what it was intended to pay for.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, Tom Coates said:

Later this week. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Watched the highlights yesterday, and was trying to think who Glover reminded me of. It occured to me, he is like Dan Potter in so many ways - strong, deceptively quick, elusive, and runs great lines. Actually Ned is assembling a team which already has a few players with similar qualities to those in our championship winning team. Just the front row that is a bit lacking I think.