Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Headingley redevelopment

Does anyone have the latest images? In the last pictures I saw they were also developing the North stand, I had no idea this was also going to be done.

What will the two new stands look like when complete. 

31 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Does anyone have the latest images? In the last pictures I saw they were also developing the North stand, I had no idea this was also going to be done.

What will the two new stands look like when complete. 

The South Stand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgryP7vyFs

The Main Stand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU55eFdl2vA

Finished Artistic Example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubmD6zYKRcM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

looking forward to see it finished 

Yep. Shame they can't get the west stand developed. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, The Daddy said:

Yep. Shame they can't get the west stand developed. 

well ive noticed that for along time now the club hasn't commented on this ,which may be an indication they are thinking are looking into it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

they're now getting on with the "TEMPORARY " north stand and before anybody say's what a waste of money its still a dump . it wont be the real thing until 2019 .Oh and the first three rows on the temporary north stand wont be covered 

10 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

well ive noticed that for along time now the club hasn't commented on this ,which may be an indication they are thinking are looking into it. 

Wasn't there something about an Ancient Lights order at that end a while back?

10 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Maybe the club (like most Leeds supporters that post on here) are tired of explaining why the Western terrace can't be redeveloped.

• Like 2

It CAN be redeveloped and there is outline planning permission for a small stand there. But it is barely worth the effort as it is - if we ever do anything there it needs to be something big which puts the stadium's capacity back up again. But that planning process will be an absolute bloodbath.

11 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

they're now getting on with the "TEMPORARY " north stand and before anybody say's what a waste of money its still a dump . it wont be the real thing until 2019 .Oh and the first three rows on the temporary north stand wont be covered 

Perfect for away fans then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, M j M said:

It CAN be redeveloped and there is outline planning permission for a small stand there. But it is barely worth the effort as it is - if we ever do anything there it needs to be something big which puts the stadium's capacity back up again. But that planning process will be an absolute bloodbath.

If they purchased the houses behind, I don’t see the problem. I think there’s 3 houses by recollection that needed purchasing/demolishing to make way for it. With a supportive council anything is possible and they could even put compulsory purchase on it. The Rhinos have not often had a supportive council, that’s the thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

If they purchased the houses behind, I don’t see the problem. I think there’s 3 houses by recollection that needed purchasing/demolishing to make way for it. With a supportive council anything is possible and they could even put compulsory purchase on it. The Rhinos have not often had a supportive council, that’s the thing!

well there may be still a problem with planning permission I.E  would they want to demolish those houses and encroach onto the street and spoil the character of The Turnways [I think its called] or just build a higher stand and bridge over the ginnel which is a public right of way ,leaving the houses up would definitely block out the light. I have heard most of the houses are occupied by students ,but there would be a mass of protests .Like MjM has stated the south stand planning application was difficult this would be a bloodbath . 

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

well there may be still a problem with planning permission I.E  would they want to demolish those houses and encroach onto the street and spoil the character of The Turnways [I think its called] or just build a higher stand and bridge over the ginnel which is a public right of way ,leaving the houses up would definitely block out the light. I have heard most of the houses are occupied by students ,but there would be a mass of protests .Like MjM has stated the south stand planning application was difficult this would be a bloodbath . 

They could put a transparent like bus shelter over that section :D

14 minutes ago, Scubby said:

They could put a transparent like bus shelter over that section :D

Joking aside thats what Eden park has on one side because it backs onto a residential area and I'd imagine Leeds' plans for the Western Terrace were less grand than the main stand at EP. Its a possibility.

Edited by Tommygilf

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Landsdowne road in Dublin had a similar situation to Headingley regarding one side, they found a way round the problem,

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, owls said:

Landsdowne road in Dublin had a similar situation to Headingley regarding one side, they found a way round the problem,

There's always a way around the problem, it just depends how supportive the council are willing to be in it.

Edited by DoubleD

Maybe they could dig down about 2 metres then give everyone a periscope to watch the game through

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Maybe they could dig down about 2 metres then give everyone a periscope to watch the game through

That would certainly make Wakefield fans who occupy the Belle Vue main stand terrace feel at home. 

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1

well paying off the present development at the present rates is going to take 40 years ,so talking about developing the western terrace any time soon is academic ,but who knows The Sleeve may have another Ace tucked away 

Surely the whole ground should have been the development plan. Makes more sense and would cost less in the long run. Moving away for a year or two (unless they have done so), gets the work done quicker. Leland road would love them there for a while, capable of bigger crowds etc. Spurs are at Wembley for this season, not a popular move but with crowds averaging 70,000 more fans watching games than will be able to in the new stadium

Capacity of about 13,500 minimum this year is fine. Moving to Elland Road for a full year would be cripplingly expensive and potentially lead to lower crowds - there is very little incentive to go there for more than one or two games.

The houses could purchased and the ginnel diverted behind the back of any new structure without much issue I would think.

Looks like there's probably 3 sets of semis or 6 houses and appear to be selling for £250,000 a pop. Or £1.5m before you draw a plan. I would suspect it comes down to cash and willingness. 

• Like 1