I know they're aware of the worth of their league but that seems a bit steep if the aim is to get as many people interested and watching as possible. How do people feel about this?

Just now, Oxford said:

I know they're aware of the worth of their league but that seems a bit steep if the aim is to get as many people interested and watching as possible. How do people feel about this?

If that's still the aim, then they should have kept free games for countries without TV deal, like in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

We are talking about Fox here, aka News Corp, aka Murdoch, the aim is to make money, period. The price structure is exactly the same as for the AFL app, and AFL is even less exposed internationally. 

Comparing the three options, the weekly pass looks significantly steeper than the other two.

58 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is the aim of this to get as many people interested as possible though? To me it's a service designed to preach to the converted for whom the stuff elsewhere - on Sky - is not enough. Nobody is going to sign up to this on a whim. 

Edited by Amber Avenger
  • Like 1

Just over a tenner a month if you pay twelve months in advance. Does this give you full access to the Fox RL channel (magazine programmes as well as the games) and "on demand"? Will have to check it out but looks a decent price for people outside the UK who have no games unless they go to dodgy streams. Just converted 12.75 euro.... considering I pay 28 euro for Sky Go its a bargain. 

10 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

Is the aim of this to get as many people interested as possible though? To me it's a service designed to preach to the converted for whom the stuff elsewhere - on Sky - is not enough. Nobody is going to sign up to this on a whim. 

And maybe that's the problem for our sport like we don't have enough already.

And when it doesn't go down well Fox will blame the product rather than the audience reaction and/or mistaking the market they're seeking.

3 minutes ago, yanto said:

Just over a tenner a month if you pay twelve months in advance. Does this give you full access to the Fox RL channel (magazine programmes as well as the games) and "on demand"? Will have to check it out but looks a decent price for people outside the UK who have no games unless they go to dodgy streams. Just converted 12.75 euro.... considering I pay 28 euro for Sky Go its a bargain. 

I can't marry up this with what I pay for Sky and Premier as anything other than even more money out the door.

It is a bargain but on top of the other two it makes little economic sense unless you're well off and can afford both or you plan to ditch Sky because you prefer the NRL. I love the idea I'm going to be getting both soon with Sky.

Yep looks good. On demand all the Fox RL channel shows but the Fox Exchange rate makes it 131 poundsfor twelve months.. Two weeks trial.. Will be giving it a go for sure. 

5 minutes ago, yanto said:

Yes, Fox League live and on demand, and an instant replay of the last 2.30 hours of live program if you missed the beginning. Actually I've just signed up and rewinded to the SL highlight show, and it is not blocked... Will they also show live SL games??? I doubt it but you never know...

image.png.8cb85f3a09d9b734cb261369d6329d87.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

And maybe that's the problem for our sport like we don't have enough already.

And when it doesn't go down well Fox will blame the product rather than the audience reaction and/or mistaking the market they're seeking.

I can't marry up this with what I pay for Sky and Premier as anything other than even more money out the door.

It is a bargain but on top of the other two it makes little economic sense unless you're well off and can afford both or you plan to ditch Sky because you prefer the NRL. I love the idea I'm going to be getting both soon with Sky.

But this opens up the NRL(and the game since Livestream disappeared)  to an audience outside the Sky footprint.. Not many of the emerging /devolping nations in Europe have access to any League. So for us on the continent its worth the euro's. The game is played outside the UK 😏😏

Edited by yanto

2 minutes ago, yanto said:

But this opens up the NRL to an audience outside the Sky footprint.. Not many if the emerging /devolping nations in Europe have access to any League. So for us in the continent its worth the euro's. The game is played outside the UK 😏😏

You forget that it was free in continental Europe (except France because of the beIN Sports contract) in the last 3-4 seaons...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, manu266 said:

You forget that it was free in continental Europe (except France because of the beIN Sports contract) in the last 3-4 seaons...

Edited my post to include "since Livestream disappeared" but you were to quick :-) 

13 minutes ago, yanto said:

The game is played outside the UK

It isn't, is it? The BBC and Rugby Yawnion have been trying to keep TGG a secret all these years! Who let the cat out of the bag? Who's responsible?

• Haha 1

As one of the (seemingly few) people who doesn't subscribe to Sky this seems to be relatively cheap, compared with £28 per month.

150 US Dollars, for a 140 US dollars I can get the NRL, Super League, Champions League, and Bundesliga through the Fox Soccer app, and I'm hoping that will drop once Fox loses the Champions League rights after this season.

10 minutes ago, emesssea said:

150 US Dollars, for a 140 US dollars I can get the NRL, :fan:Super League,:dancer: Champions League, and Bundesliga:lazy:

You was robbed!;)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I've just signed up for the year :) 

Moneybags!;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I've just signed up for the year :) 

I will be signing up too. Really enjoy the shows they put on too like NRL360, League Life and NRL Tonight. It is obvious Sky are not going to broadcast more than 2-3 games.

2 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

£125 is alright imo

The £125 is decent, but I think they would get more if it was packaged as £12 monthly direct debit tbh.

Personally it's a no for me, £22 to have access to all the games is on the surface really good, but in reality, there is only so much RL content that I need each week.

I pay around £18-20 per month for Sky Sports and I get 2 or 3 SL games per week, 2 or 3 NRL games per week, On Demand highlights, SL Fulltime, Origin, Kangaroos Tests, Playoffs, Finals, Challenge Cup, I'll have Challenge Cup on BBC and it looks like delayed coverage of TWP on Freesports.

That's more than enough for me.

Be interesting to see how this goes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

but in reality, there is only so much RL content that I need each week.

Weirdo!;)

Just now, Oxford said:

Weirdo!;)

well I need to save some time to argue about Rugby on here!!! :biggrin: