Sign in to follow this  
Krzzystuff

US Owned NZ Warriors to lift NRL Trophy by 2020

I thought this was telling:

"Although restricted to a 16-game regular season, it has the highest average attendance (more than 67,000) of any sporting league on the planet."

Now there's a model RL won't even dream of following!

I am always a bit wary of people from another country taking over a sports club but it sounds very promising and it would be magic to see the Warriors achieve their potential.

Well, the current system certainly isn't working at the Warriors, so some new thinking and perhaps a few tough decisions might help. With an ambitious Newcastle looking like they'll be a different prospect this year, the Warriors don't want to be in a two-horse race with Gold Coast Titans for the wooden spoon every season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oxford said:

"Although restricted to a 16-game regular season, it has the highest average attendance (more than 67,000) of any sporting league on the planet."

I am always a bit wary of people from another country taking over a sports club but it sounds very promising and it would be magic to see the Warriors achieve their potential.

I like the fact that the ownership includes Hawaiian, Tongan and NZ folk, keep it Polynesian.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oxford said:

A 16 game season would barely have enough weeks for each of the Warriors different shirt designs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

I like the fact that the ownership includes Hawaiian, Tongan and NZ folk, keep it Polynesian.

That does make a difference I agree.

Storm and the Warriors are my NRL faves so I'd really love to see them move upwards and onwards.

And does open up the idea of games away from home.

Edited by Oxford

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

A 16 game season would barely have enough weeks for each of the Warriors different shirt designs.

It does strengthen the less is more argument though doesn't it?

Even the suggestion of bringing SL games down to 49 a season would give most chairmen a stroke!

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Even the suggestion of bringing SL games down to 49 a season would give most chairmen a stroke!

Need more money to come into the game to shorten the season to improve the quality of the games. Right now they want the maximum number of games because they need the cash...that's why a summer sport starts on Feb 1st and ends in Oct. Player union will also be pushing for a shorter season soon I imagine.

Edited by Krzzystuff

It would seem to me that Tonga’s World Cup exploits has awoken some interest in Hawaii. Let’s hope the NRL are open to the opportunities it creates, like the way we should be exploiting the more evolved interest from North America we already have in the Northern Henisphere!

I wonder if this consortium would be interested in a Hawaiian team in the NRL?

Edited by JoneslessBishop
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Need more money to come into the game to shorten the season to improve the quality of the games. Right now they want the maximum number of games because they need the cash...that's why a summer sport starts on Feb 1st and ends in Oct. Player union will also be pushing for a shorter season soon I imagine.

On the bright side the season would be over before the moaners got into first gear! Win, win, win!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Good luck to the Warriors’ owners with that one. I’ve got more chance of being knighted.

I'm sure ether is a king and queen of DP...they would have to touch your shoulders with the"sword" right?

Rise DP knight!!

I think i just came up with the whole scipt there!

Fale is a former state politician, with a fair bit of controversy in his recent past. A search will bring most of it up. Not at all optimistic about this.

As I have long said, the Warriors have fans in Hawaii (and in the PI community on the US mainland). This is just the wrong group of people, they won't have much local support I don't think.

Well from my limited knowledge the Warriors are in a bad place aren't they? So why not take  a punt at the new ownership if they bring in money and dreams and hopes of glory? Worst case they end up where they are now again and someone else buys them (or NRL takes control) and best case they are the Tom Brady of NRL clubs.

Unless i'm missing something i say go for it.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

I'm sure ether is a king and queen of DP...they would have to touch your shoulders with the"sword" right?

Rise DP knight!!

I think i just came up with the whole scipt there!

Are all you Canucks sat at home drinking moonshine whilst on a rugby league forum?

8 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Are all you Canucks sat at home drinking moonshine whilst on a rugby league forum?

Yes I think so!

maple.jpg.5aa67aeaa775020da9b43a8c285d24e1.jpgbwwaynewhiskey070jpg.jpg_size.custom_crop.1086x724.thumb.jpg.d767b7c7d5e906047e6dd2cec0683292.jpg5a81eef8b7e0b_imagescanuk.jpeg.213be46883bdee252391958426a5addb.jpeg

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

your right to be wary- imagine if that happened at a football club that had underperformed for decades, like man city for instance, it just wouldn't work

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

your right to be wary- imagine if that happened at a football club that had underperformed for decades, like man city for instance, it just wouldn't work

The chances of people who like football, have enough money affecting a club in the same ways are pretty slim.

The strength of football mean it is far less vulnerable than RL.

The relative weakness of RL in the UK and NZ mean it can ill afford losses of clubs and such bad news events and least of all losing the Warriors.

Now if you have read my posts in general I'm open to change, expansion new blood and forward movement my misgivings here are out of character and probably relate to the franchise movement of sporting clubs in the States.

The Warriors have had travel impact its results more than any other NRL side & these prospective buyers want the Warriors to travel to the USA 2 - 4 times per year... this cannot be a serious bid

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

English clubs  play way to many games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Less games can be more commercially beneficial in a way. Games are more like events and give people a focus.

Every married man will tell you that when things become “less frequent” not only are they excited more in anticipation they are a lot more grateful she the “game” comes to town.

33 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Less games can be more commercially beneficial in a way. Games are more like events and give people a focus.

Every married man will tell you that when things become “less frequent” not only are they excited more in anticipation they are a lot more grateful she the “game” comes to town.

Juts don't make it one magic weekend a season ok!

• Haha 2

Hmm, sounds to good to be true and this guy sounds dodgy me.

If I was the NRL I'd want a very in depth look at Fale and his groups backgrounds, their business plan, and what they want to do with the club.

If the Warriors do end up being sold to this guy and his consortium I hope that a lot of assurances are put in place like the Knights deal with Tinkler so that if things turn sour the Warriors aren't left up a creek without a paddle.

Edited by The Great Dane

He sounds like a used car salesmen talking to someone he thinks is an idiot.