Sign in to follow this  
DeadShotKeen

The definitive future of Super League

I’ve taken on board the comments from the numerous altruistic heartland rugby league fans on this forum (who only have the best interests of the sport at heart, of course) and now agree that it is absurd to try to create an elite RL structure with sides of equivalent stature propped up by numerous semi-pro sides beneath them in a solid pyramid structure that might in conjunction be able to drive the sport forward on a world level. It is quite right that all existing pro and semi-pro RL sides – no matter how small – must be allowed an equal crack of the whip and the ability to reach their full potential.

With this in mind I have created a failsafe formula for the future of elite rugby league and fed all of the resulting traditional, leave-none-behind co-ordinates into a super-computer I have created solely for the purposes of ensuring world RL domination! (and you wondered why I was off this forum for so long) 

And I can now reveal the opening round of fixtures for the 2022 Super League season! Hold onto your hats guys – this is gonna be awesome!

Toronto vs North East Featherstone

Hull Dockers vs France

York vs New York

Jupiter vs Widnes

Barrow vs London

Glasgow vs Thatto Heath

Castleford ex-Miners vs Milky Way

Papua New Guinea vs Skirlaugh

I’m sure you agree this leaves everyone happy and looks amazing! Some of course had to miss out and Wigan St Patricks, The Moon, Barcelona and Warrington Bank Quay can consider themselves very unlucky. But there is always the Middle Eights!

etc.

etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DeadShotKeen said:

I’m sure you agree this leaves everyone happy and looks amazing! Some of course had to miss out and Wigan St Patricks, The Moon, Barcelona and Warrington Bank Quay can consider themselves very unlucky. But there is always the Middle Eights!

etc.

etc.

You will find the moon got rejected in their SL bid over concerns about a lack of atmosphere at their home ground.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Li0nhead said:

You will find the moon got rejected in their SL bid over concerns about a lack of atmosphere at their home ground.

and too far  away for away fans to travel,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Li0nhead said:

plus no away fans or pathway for local players.

• Like 1

Makes you think what shady deal Jupiter did to get in eh? probably will be based out of Odsal.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DeadShotKeen said:

I’ve taken on board the comments from the numerous altruistic heartland rugby league fans on this forum (who only have the best interests of the sport at heart, of course) and now agree that it is absurd to try to create an elite RL structure with sides of equivalent stature propped up by numerous semi-pro sides beneath them in a solid pyramid structure that might in conjunction be able to drive the sport forward on a world level. It is quite right that all existing pro and semi-pro RL sides – no matter how small – must be allowed an equal crack of the whip and the ability to reach their full potential.

With this in mind I have created a failsafe formula for the future of elite rugby league and fed all of the resulting traditional, leave-none-behind co-ordinates into a super-computer I have created solely for the purposes of ensuring world RL domination! (and you wondered why I was off this forum for so long) 

And I can now reveal the opening round of fixtures for the 2022 Super League season! Hold onto your hats guys – this is gonna be awesome!

Hull Dockers vs France

York vs New York

Jupiter vs Widnes

Barrow vs London

Glasgow vs Thatto Heath

etc.

etc.

I presume this will be the cheaper version of the game, 9's so that clubs don't have to have to pay too much in air fares and bus tickets.

• Like 1

No Far too much expansion. Super League will do the opposite and contract back.

In 2022 Super League will consist of

Hull FC, Hull KR, City of Hull Academy, West Hull, East Hull, Skirlaugh, Myton, Hull Dockers, Cottingham Tigers and Beverley

There will be exciting plans to expand the league to include Withernsea and Bridlington, although if Grimsby and Scunthorpe show any interest having teams from the other side of the Humber will be a step to far and is to be resisted at all costs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeadShotKeen said:

Hull Dockers vs France

York vs New York

Jupiter vs Widnes

Barrow vs London

Glasgow vs Thatto Heath

etc.

etc.

What about Ur anus getting a team?

• Like 1

I hope it’s not televised to keep the interest high and the crowds huge.

5 minutes ago, Copa said:

I hope it’s not televised to keep the interest high and the crowds huge.

for Ur Anus?

9 hours ago, Li0nhead said:

I hear that The Clangers are somewhat angry about their rejection on such spurious grounds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I hear that The Clangers are somewhat angry about their rejection on such spurious grounds.

The Clangers ? They can go whistle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

I hear the soup is very good at their ground.

• Like 1

Superman is getting a team together,they'll be called the krypton exiles,  there's only 4 players at the moment but they're confident they'll still be competitive 

Ridiculous.

Have you any idea how hard it is to travel from London to Barrow?

Edited by Bearman

Plus if you think the people of South West Feathersone woukd ever support a North East Featherstone team you are living in cloud cuckoo land

• Like 2

On 2/12/2018 at 8:49 PM, Krzzystuff said:

Makes you think what shady deal Jupiter did to get in eh? probably will be based out of Odsal.

Jupiter were actually initially excluded in favour of Swinton. They reacted badly to this and blasted Swinton into orbit, blaming Salford who under new owner Kim Jong-Un were rumoured to be developing a nuclear capability. In the subsequent confusion, Jupiter were allowed entry (much to the chagrin of heartlands Mercury and Saturn fans, natch).

Happily for Swinton, upon re-entering the Earth's orbit they landed on the North coast of Africa, making them ideally suited for an expansion bid.

etc.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, Eleftherios said:

I hear the soup is very good at their ground.

But difficult to get hold of when the Dragons are in town.