Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

South Stand : Could we name it after..........

ELSIE FRYER ????...........  I know we've just named the "Beaumont Terrace" and the "Gooder Community Pitches" (both very deserving I'm sure) BUT do we have to wait until someone passes before recognising them in this fashion ??

ELSIE (for me, at least) must be a stand-out candidate to be recognised in this (or some similar) way ??       I apologise if the Club has already done something to recognise Elsie's decades of contribution to the club, but I don't know of it - hence this posting.

I first met Elsie in (I think) 1970, when I and my brother went to join the Junior Supporters Club............and the first message she drilled in to us was about good behaviour and respecting the opposition.

I have very fond memories of travelling on the Supporters Bus in the early Seventies and I believe it's only in the last two or three years that Elsie has given up organising the Supporters Coach for away games..............That's just one of the many ways that Elsie has dedicated her time and energies to the Club : but I don't think ANY Rams fan needs telling about Elsie, such is her reputation.

Whether anything comes of this or not, I would like to offer my own heartfelt thanks for all she's done and for the example she's always set...........AND keeps setting

(Some of the present-day South Stand incumbents could take a leaf out of Elsie's book)

They broke the mould when you were born Elsie !!!!     Long may we hear "Legs, Dews, Legs"......................

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Therein73 said:

ELSIE FRYER ????...........  I know we've just named the "Beaumont Terrace" and the "Gooder Community Pitches" (both very deserving I'm sure) BUT do we have to wait until someone passes before recognising them in this fashion ??

ELSIE (for me, at least) must be a stand-out candidate to be recognised in this (or some similar) way ??       I apologise if the Club has already done something to recognise Elsie's decades of contribution to the club, but I don't know of it - hence this posting.

I first met Elsie in (I think) 1970, when I and my brother went to join the Junior Supporters Club............and the first message she drilled in to us was about good behaviour and respecting the opposition.

I have very fond memories of travelling on the Supporters Bus in the early Seventies and I believe it's only in the last two or three years that Elsie has given up organising the Supporters Coach for away games..............That's just one of the many ways that Elsie has dedicated her time and energies to the Club : but I don't think ANY Rams fan needs telling about Elsie, such is her reputation.

Whether anything comes of this or not, I would like to offer my own heartfelt thanks for all she's done and for the example she's always set...........AND keeps setting

(Some of the present-day South Stand incumbents could take a leaf out of Elsie's book)

They broke the mould when you were born Elsie !!!!     Long may we hear "Legs, Dews, Legs"......................

What a brilliant post,and more so a great idea👏👏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Can't see anybody argueing with that.

Elsie might. Best to ask her first.

• Haha 1