John Drake

17 Feb: South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wigan Warriors KO 8.45am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• South Sydney Rabbitohs
    • Wigan Warriors

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2018 at 08:45 AM

Exciting match up between two worthy opponents.

The 5th placed SL team (who won no silverware last season, nor qualified for the play offs)

vs 

the 12 placed NRL team, who are basically in pre-season (and also didn't qualified for the play offs)

Who knows what the outcome will be?  Who cares?

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Me.

Not a Wigan fan by any stretch of the imagination, and was very neutral watching last weeks game v Hull FC, but this time last year when they played Cronulla I was a honarary Wigginer for the day, and so I will be again against The Rabbitohs as I will also be with Hull FC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had this extraordinarily vivid dream from around this time last year, in which we beat the Cronulla Sharks to become World Club Champions. And we got this silver thing as a result. 

2 great clubs. I hope our second stringers put on a show while our big guns come through unscathed. Be fascinating to see what Hamlin has to offer against his former club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Souths have GI,Adam Reynolds, Cody Walker, Sam Burgess, Dane Gagai, Cam Murray and Anus Crichton all sitting on the side lines nursing injuries so it'll be a Wigan win by plenty. 

Two great old clubs with 42 premierships between going head to head, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see this fixture is a Wigan home game apparently. I guess if Souths can call it a home ground then why not Wigan it's only 17,000 km away from there base.

Wigan can win this one which will be great for SL. Glorified friendly or not, any victory over a NRL side is a big result. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gates1 said:

The 5th placed SL team (who won no silverware last season, nor qualified for the play offs)

lol, how did they qualify for this then? was it just a case of " who can afford the plane fare?"

14 minutes ago, chuffer said:

lol, how did they qualify for this then? was it just a case of " who can afford the plane fare?"

Prerty much.  It appears they just said we haven't qualified for the world series this year, let's see if we can find an NRL club who will play us in a friendly and pretend it's the world series!  I just hope Powell remembers to send Wane a text this year "congratulations, bring that 17th best team in the world trophy home safely Shaun""

Edited by Gates1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Wigan will be resting a few. Wane has said that everyone who has travelled fit will be getting game time. No reason to risk anyone just to help South's with their preseason. No one at the club is pretending that this is anything more.

Edited by Levrier

4 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Exciting match up between two worthy opponents.

vs 

the 12 placed NRL team, who are basically in pre-season (and also didn't qualified for the play offs)

What are you waffling on about,.

_94734296_rexfeatures_8412680ab.jpg

28 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Prerty much.  It appears they just said we haven't qualified for the world series this year, let's see if we can find an NRL club who will play us in a friendly and pretend it's the world series!  I just hope Powell remembers to send Wane a text this year "congratulations, bring that 17th best team in the world trophy home safely Shaun""

What a door handle.

While Powell would never spend the extra money on an overseas text, even by the 1 eyed rapidly back sliding Cas logic, we would be 16th rather than 17th best. :) 

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

The team you are talking about would be the reigning World Club Champions.

If Cas ever stop choking they might hold that honour one day.

Here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

While Powell would never spend the extra money on an overseas text, even by the 1 eyed rapidly back sliding Cas logic, we would be 16th rather than 17th best. :) 

You drop a place as you've  signed Dan Sarginson since last season...

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

You drop a place as you've  signed Dan Sarginson since last season...

As you have already admitted Cas were a one-man team last year, how many places are you going to drop considering you are now a none-man team?

4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

The team you are talking about would be the reigning World Club Champions.

If Cas ever stop choking they might hold that honour one day.

Here's hoping.

How can they be reigning World club champions? They are not playing in the world series never mind the WCC.

How can they be reigning World club champions? They are not playing in the world series never mind the WCC.

Pretty simple really. The last time the WCC was played, Wigan won it.

What is difficult to understand about that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

As you have already admitted Cas were a one-man team last year, how many places are you going to drop considering you are now a none-man team?

What have Cas got to do with this thread.  Your obsessed Jim!

10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Pretty simple really. The last time the WCC was played, Wigan won it.

What is difficult to understand about that?

The term 'would be' been used instead of 'are'.

The term 'would be' been used instead of 'are'.

Wigan are the reigning WC Champions. It doesn't matter what you think, or that you don't like the idea, they are, move on.