Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

15 Feb: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Catalans Dragons KO 7.35pm (TV)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Catalans Dragons

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2018 at 07:35 PM

I was impressed by Hull KR at Elland Road on the whole and they will have been frustrated not to have made more of the their opportunities.

Catalans haven’t looked so far like the team that was being tipped by Caplan et al to surprise us all.

I think Rovers pairing of McGuire and Atkin will make the difference for them.

Hull KR by 8

Home advantage and Catalans notorious travelling form says HKR for me, plus quite impressed with how KR used the ball last week, particularly impressed with Chris Atkin relatively a late comer to SL at 25 but he seems to have all the attributes required, I have seen him previosly playing for Swinton and he always stood out then.

HKR by 14

• Like 1

A much improved performance from the Wakefield game and we will be looking to put things right after that last home game. Catalans have had a poor start and always seem to struggle away from home recently so will be a Rovers win.

21 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The pitch will be heavy after this weather!  I think it’ll be a great leveller.

I thought it was going to be close before your words of wisdom.

Dead cert draw then?

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I thought it was going to be close before your words of wisdom.

Dead cert draw then?

Hah!  I’m risking the wrath of Steve, but that pitch is heavy, especially with this weather I reckon it’ll play a big part.  Not sure, but IMO it’ll be close.  

Dependant on whether Coupland is fit or not.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Hah!  I’m risking the wrath of Steve, but that pitch is heavy, especially with this weather I reckon it’ll play a big part.  Not sure, but IMO it’ll be close.  

Dependant on whether Coupland is fit or not.

How dare you. That pitch is the best in the league!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

How dare you. That pitch is the best in the league!

Certainly has clear markings and with exclusive use in good condition. We don't have to run to Australia to get a match on and a decent crowd.

Was impressed with Catalans against St Helens so no easy ride for Rovers. My fear is that playing for the 3rd time in 13/14 days on a dank miserable cold weekday evening we the supporters will suffer. Winter rugby on a Saturday afternoon in December/January was a lot more enjoyable!

But hope springs eternal so bags packed for another 550 miles round journey.

Will Sky/The RFL let us see what BenThaler sees when we go to screen this time? We are the paying public after all....was frustrating at Catalans once a season but this is unnecessary!

58 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Catalans still look poor. I fear this could be their Super League exit this year unless something major changes. 

I agree they will struggle however I see enough quality and resources to stay up....Just

Cant see anything other than a win for East Hull, especially with their command of the French langauge and herm advantatage.

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

We don't have to run to Australia to get a match on and a decent crowd.

Deary me.

The clue is in the first post : "Discuss Hull Kingston Rovers v Catalans Dragons here."

But your obsession with Hull FC knows no limits...or could it now be Hull FC and Wigan now? 

I tell you what, just to humour you, why don't we wait until Hull KR (the home club involved in this match thread) announce the attendance tonight, and then look back to see when either Hull FC or Wigan last played a home SL game before a lower crowd in a Sky televised game on a Thursday night?

Your raw nerve has been touched again (deliberately). Your colleague served up a compliment about our pitch tongue in cheek and I returned the volley.

My whole reply was based on tonight's match and failed to mention Hull at all.

To mend your broken senses let's make it clear, if I am not allowed to comment on Hull threads I will continue to upset you here where you feel free to comment at will.

We definitely need a Tickle tonight and could do to have a few Black and Whites cross the river to augment our terrible 7000 plus crowd, you are being starved of live rugby after all! There were plenty of our exiles in Aus last week proudly bearing their colours at your game,try it you might enjoy it.

Edited by stevereed100
Upgrade

21 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

My whole reply was based on tonight's match and failed to mention Hull at all.

Who were you referring to in the following quote then?

11 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

We don't have to run to Australia to get a match on and a decent crowd.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Will Sky/The RFL let us see what BenThaler sees when we go to screen this time? We are the paying public after all....was frustrating at Catalans once a season but this is unnecessary!

Frustrating but I think it’s Poundstretchers turn for the electric socket on a Thursday Steve.  That was the arrangement afaik.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Great to see Albert getting game time 

Langi is injured but as McNamara said... Walsh Langi the best bruh

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Certainly has clear markings and with exclusive use in good condition. We don't have to run to Australia to get a match on and a decent crowd.

Like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Frustrating but I think it’s Poundstretchers turn for the electric socket on a Thursday Steve.  That was the arrangement afaik.

But that's our official extra car park from tonight's game, too good to be true. See you there...and we won't be charging the premium the Hull game attracts. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes 😂

Give up....your quote from me is true and exclusively about Rovers. It's all in your imagination..and I know just how to trigger it.