Sign in to follow this  
Davecord

Sundays game

Our game against you folks will be taking place at the AJ Bell on Sunday 3pm not Heywood Rd. The pitch at Sale was unfit on Sunday and was not likely to be fit for this week. Think you will get official notification shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

at least you've managed to get the game on Dave, result.

Probably have to go to the ticket office first with it being a SL ground.

It' a win bob but I wouldn' applaud it. To leak 28 points against relegation fodder not great.

You score we score will hurt massively come mid season. Either kill game off a 4-20 early on or when Barlow took his enforced rest.

Well Barrow have turned Leigh over today! If we concede 5 tries next week we could be up the creek. What's happened to the famed Bulldog pack and defence? No good thinking that ok we can score more than them, there are 3 words; defence, defence and defence. Barrow might just like the 'lush field'. As you say 9' Oller, put it to bed at 20-4, then again at 42-16.

C'mon lads give Swinton some due they where slick with the ball in hand and look how pedestrian we seemed .

A wins a win and not a bad stadium.

Lads will have a drink tonight and winning bonus will be nice but to concede 62 points in the past two games isn't good.

Perhaps if disco gives the championship model, funding or tv coverage bashing a rest we could do some defensive work.

I didn' go but it clearly suggests the cue was put back in the rack on occasion. Allow a few soft tries either start of the half or only crack on when were 2 converted tries down will make for a painful 2018

Their scrum half was very wick and dictated a lot of the exchanges and couldn't seem to get hold of their centres once the ball was out to them, Batley did put some good moves together as well.

Swinton lost the match once Barlow was sent to the since bin, that's when Batley scored 3 tries whilst he was off.

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

If we'd shut up shop at 4 - 20, there would of been the calls of "we don't play football, it's all 5 drives and a kick". When we do, some are complaining and calling for us to play the percentages and kill the game off.

Yes, the defence was poor at times, yes we were guilty of over playing at times, we gave some idiotic penalties away, but some of the attacking play and tries were outstanding and we are playing a really good brand of rugby. But playing that style of football, comes with more mistakes and conceding more points because you are having to defend more.

We scored 9 tries away from home (and should have had another 3), against a decent team with two really good half backs, the scrum half looked really good  and was really lively all afternoon) playing on a big wide pitch, which given our shortage of pace, is not ideal for us.

Is there room for improvement, yes, but to be expected given it was only our 2nd game. I'd settle for that every week.

On another note, Galbraith and Ward are getting better every time I see them. How did Barlow only get a yellow card? A high shot then runs back and punches Ward on the floor?!?!?!?

Edited by DOGFATHER

Have to agree with what ups say DF Swinton are a one trick pony coming forward at speed running men into the the line and obstructing the sliding defence. Their halves were quick but on a big flat pitch the score was always going to rack up but we were the better team and Barlow should have got a straight red and I expect he'll get a decent 2-3 game ban when reviewed.

I was at the game, who scored Batley's first try, the tannoy wasn't working at the time and with everybody in one stand and the scorer being over the other side and in a bunch it was nearly impossible to name him.

8 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I was at the game, who scored Batley's first try, the tannoy wasn't working at the time and with everybody in one stand and the scorer being over the other side and in a bunch it was nearly impossible to name him.

As Dogfather says, Galbraith. Confirmed as such on our twitter.

Thought once we clicked going forward, we looked good. Galbraith and Ward look very decent signings.

The best player on the pitch was their 31, playing at stand-off (Josh Woods) who is on DR I believe. What they did do in attack was manage to get mismatches, so twice, their very nippy scrum half was up against Alex Rowe, with only one winner! 

Agree with what everyone says, how did Barlow stay on?

Agreed on the twitter, on the 2 on line websites that give the scorers they gave Alex Rowe 1 and Galbraith 1.

I will check with the club before I do my stats.

41 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Agreed on the twitter, on the 2 on line websites that give the scorers they gave Alex Rowe 1 and Galbraith 1.

I will check with the club before I do my stats.

IMG_1550.PNG