Sign in to follow this  
Padge

Wigan's Itinerary this week in Oz

This they have done very well as a reward to their loyal supporters who have paid a not inconsiderable sum to join them down under. Regardless of your views on the merits of such a venture (and you probably guess what mine are ...) I do hope that everyone who has gone out there from Wigan and Hull has a good time down under and enjoys more open access to players and their club in the way that Wigan are providing on tour.

Would like to think that the FC are doing something similar for their loyal fans

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Padge said:

This is some very decent promotion, making the fans feel involved, without being too intrusive on the club's preparations.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This is some very decent promotion and involvement, making the fans feel involved, without being too intrusive on the club's preparations.

Last week they did a big schools tour, they did 45 schools running coaching sessions for around 7,000 children.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Padge said:

Last week they did a big schools tour, they did 45 schools running coaching sessions for around 7,000 children.

Are they trying to promote the game in Australia?

15 hours ago, SL17 said:

Are they trying to promote the game in Australia?

They are doing something that RL is singularly bad at, brand awareness, the Wigan Warriors brand, the Hull FC brand the Super League brand and any other attached rugby league brand that cares to ride on the back of the initiative.

WIgan have an office in London, this is used as part of their business club used to forge links with various businesses and increase brand awareness. Wigan play a pre-season game in London every year, they took a full SL game to London last year, this year it happened to be Australia that had the privilege. 

The tourists boards involved are promoting their region, their attractions and facilities.

Its up to the NRL to primarily promote the game in Australia, but if there are spin-offs from this adventure then I don't see why anyone should complain.

As JP said "We should all be trying to promote the game everywhere". We have just been doing our little bit.

• Like 1

Here is an example of what is going on a little more locally with Wigan but all gelling with what is going on in Oz..

Wigan RL Manchester Event.

I'm not sure what you mean by "spin offs" nor the initiative of taking it to OZ. Forgive my ignorance,but promoting the game everywhere dosen't really float my boat when OZ is selected. Not really everywhere is it!  Was there other options available? Or was it more financially viable to do your bit in OZ, rather than London or a trip across the pond?

Which SL game did they play in London last year?

I thought they abandoned that concept after 1 year in Millwall.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yep. Milwall game was in 2015

14 hours ago, SL17 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "spin offs" nor the initiative of taking it to OZ. Forgive my ignorance,but promoting the game everywhere dosen't really float my boat when OZ is selected. Not really everywhere is it!  Was there other options available? Or was it more financially viable to do your bit in OZ, rather than London or a trip across the pond?

I have not said they are promoting the game. Do you know what the concept of brand awareness is.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

They didn't that was my error, should have said in the past. Lack of concentration on my part.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Padge said:

I have not said they are promoting the game. Do you know what the concept of brand awareness is.

The question being! Why select Australia?

6 minutes ago, SL17 said:

No the question is why not. Once again this is not about promoting Rugby League in Australia.

32 minutes ago, Padge said:

They didn't that was my error, should have said in the past. Lack of concentration on my part.

I didnt actually realise it was three years ago tbf!

28 minutes ago, SL17 said:

If you are selling the Wigan brand, why not go somewhere where there are a lot of Rugby League fans?

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you are selling the Wigan brand, why not go somewhere where there are a lot of Rugby League fans?

I was hoping that he would get there (to the point)  himself eventually.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Padge said:

I was hoping that he would get there (to the point)  himself eventually.

We don't have that much time on this Earth.

• Haha 1