Sign in to follow this  
Jefferson

Whippets and Flat Caps

Long time lurker but not posted before. Not sure if I have missed a thread on this but has anyone else heard Jon Wilkin and Mark Flanagan’s new podcast (Whippets and Flat Caps)?

Imteresting to get a pros view on the game, had some decent guests on so far as well, Hearne, JP and Jonny Bairstow.

• Like 1

I’ve downloaded their latest episode which I’m hoping will kill off some of the boredom at work tomorrow. Wilkin always seems to talk well when I see him on the tv so we shall see.

This is the first I've heard of it, so they need to promote their product a bit more.

11 hours ago, Jefferson said:

has anyone else heard Jon Wilkin and Mark Flanagan’s new podcast (Whippets and Flat Caps)?

I hadn't, is there a link?

And a warm welcome BTW.

Edited by Oxford

17 minutes ago, Jefferson said:

It seems they don't have a website but here is a link to the podcast and a link to the twitter page. I presume you can download it form everywhere not just iTunes. 

Cheers for the welcome as well. 

Hope to hear more from you and thanks for trying ..... I got this

The address wasn’t understood

I blame the BBC and Twickenham!

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

This is the first I've heard of it, so they need to promote their product a bit more.

a true RL product then!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jefferson said:

Long time lurker but not posted before. Not sure if I have missed a thread on this but has anyone else heard Jon Wilkin and Mark Flanagan’s new podcast (Whippets and Flat Caps)?

Imteresting to get a pros view on the game, had some decent guests on so far as well, Hearne, JP and Jonny Bairstow.

Great, thanks for the info, I didn't know it existed👍

1 hour ago, From the Woo said:

If you're on Android you can listen to it through the Podbean app. 

Thanks Mr. Flair, I to have andriod, downliaded the app via googleplay, went onto the sports catagorie > professional > Whippets and Flatcaps was there beaming out at me 3 episodes,  over 3 hours of listening, thanks again, WOOOOOOOOOOO!

PS. Just followed the same link and there is also all the episodes of Rugby League Proper Sport there as well. 

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

Its a very good podcast, the best RL one i've listened to.

You get a fair bit of players insight from both Wilkin and Flanaghan (sp) and they don't take themselves too seriously.

Looking forward to seeing how it grows.

I like Wilkin a lot but that is a shocking name for their podcast. Way to explicitly exclude fans in Toronto, London, France etc. They'll say it's "ironic" I'm sure but that is tenuous at best. It is what it is. A shocking, short-sighted name that in essence would have been the first choice of a rugby union spy to minimise its exposure and influence.

Yet more self-inflicted damage by those who really should know better. Oh well.

5 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

john wilkin was on the Chris Evans radio 2 show the other week. Chris said that the title would be people off as it was sterotyping the North of England

Whatever you think of Chris Evans, he has amassed a net worth of over £50 million from broadcasting. He knows what he's talking about, and while a jokey, self-deprecatory title may amuse some existing fans, a name-change might be a good idea before the show gets too established.

A name like 'Flat Caps and Whippets' isn't going to reach out to new audiences. Even with some RL fans, it may suggest an insular mindset.

Listened to one of these podcasts, its too loose and amateurist to hold my attention.

5 hours ago, DeadShotKeen said:

I like Wilkin a lot but that is a shocking name for their podcast. Way to explicitly exclude fans in Toronto, London, France etc. They'll say it's "ironic" I'm sure but that is tenuous at best. It is what it is. A shocking, short-sighted name that in essence would have been the first choice of a rugby union spy to minimise its exposure and influence.

Yet more self-inflicted damage by those who really should know better. Oh well.

I think it’s ironic and to be fair is probably a fair description as things stand. I speak as a southerner.