Sign in to follow this  
Dons News

NEWS | Burrow tips Dons for success

Rob Burrow believes the Dons are set-up for a successful season under his former Great Britain team-mate Richard Horne.

The pair came up against each other while playing for Leeds Rhinos and Hull FC respectively, and Burrow says the Dons are in good hands with Horne in charge.

He said: "Richard Horne was a great player, he always seemed to get the better of me. He was very good and I was probably on the winning side more often, but he was always someone who was the benchmark.

"He had a great career in the game and i'm sure he will bring everything he learned and take that into his coachin role with the Dons.

"It was great to catch up with him at the season launch, I roomed with him when we played for Great Britain and i'd not spoken to him for years but it didn't feel like that when we finally caught up."

Burrow was up on stage at the Dons 2018 season launch on Friday February 2, and says he thoroughly enjoyed the experience - having told some exclusive stories to those in attendance.

He added: "It was really enjoyable, it was really nice to be asked to do it at a club like Doncaster. I used to go to Tattersfield a lot so i remember the club and it's always nice to go back.

"The pressures were different to playing, i've played at Wembley in front of 70,000+ and the speaking is much more personal, there are similarities in the way that you have to prepare well for it.

"I wasn't nervous about speaking in front of people because i've done that quite a lot throughout my career so i enjoyed it and it felt like it flowed."

The Dons get the Betfred League One season at home to Coventry Bears this weekend, you can purchase tickets from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk

View the full article