This is what happened Sunday.

boat builder

Lol, that is brilliant boat builder, you are totally and absolutely right. At half time I ended up with a bottle of plastic Carling instead of a  pint because we had run out of beer. What the hell happened there? My thoughts at the time were thank god we were not having to accommodate away supporters. We then moved to the supporters bar where the  line was almost out he door and by the time we were served we missed 10 minutes of the next half. 

This is how it is at Barrow, and we are used to it. But you are right boat builder. It's a shambles and the club are missing a fortune by not having a proper bar/ clubhouse. I would proffer, a club house,  behind the sticks, at the Duke St end would be perfect. 

Yep. Got photos with the 2 pint glasses at Leeds. Good idea.

Here are a couple of I hope positive suggestions

Glasses of lager ( surely the best seller) could be half pulled and just need topping up.

Also an idea from theatres for interval drinks

Fill in an order form with your name on. Pre pay and drinks with identifying order form are waiting all lined up. I am assuming the rugby fans are as honest as theatre goers?.

Is there still a restriction on where beer can be sold in the ground, something to do with the old nightclub ownership?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just to put you all straight, the initial post is incorrect. We didn’t “sell out” or beer. There was a problem with the pump system, it packed in. So we had plenty beer we just couldn’t give it to customers in the outside bar. 

But never let the truth get in the way of a good story or a chance to knock! 

Posts like this are wholly unhelpful. 

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

Hi Pete, welcome back, but i think you have to look at the OP. He made a point/points. We couldn't buy any draught beer. Doesn't matter why. He was correct. The food bar ran out of pies. He was correct. He asked a good question. Can you answer it? I know it sounds like criticism but he's quite right. Leigh, along with a lot of Div 1 fans, will bring the extra supporters the club have been praying for these last few seasons. Problem with the pump system? This is Mickey mouse stuff. The electric going out twice during the friendlies? Embarrassing. Never let the truth get in the way? I think boat builder is trying to help by pointing out problems. Ignore it if you want but at the moment we are looking very amateurish how we look after own and away supporters. Like boat builder said, money lost. Might not be your fault, but you're there to sort it.

The snack bar did not run out of pies, the steak were just more popular that day and sold first! We still had all other varieties available plus burgers, bacon, chips and hot dogs.  We had also been open since 2pm so selling out of steak pies 15 mins into the game is not as bad as is being made out!  Who knows what the food of choice for fans will be tomorrow??

15 hours ago, Jane said:

The snack bar did not run out of pies, the steak were just more popular that day and sold first! We still had all other varieties available plus burgers, bacon, chips and hot dogs.  We had also been open since 2pm so selling out of steak pies 15 mins into the game is not as bad as is being made out!  Who knows what the food of choice for fans will be tomorrow??

Obviously prawn sarnies, for we Leythers!;)

Hi Jane, not having a go love, think we need more steak pies. Guess what, I had one today. It was great. Leigh fans loved the chips by the way. You're doing a great job. Don't take it personnel, I think it just shows we will be getting more away supporters than we are used to these last few seasons. Me, I love cornish pasties. Wheres the ice cream van gone?

TMF glad you enjoyed your steak pie! We had some left at the end of the game you could have come for seconds lol.

Not taking it personally at all, been at this job too long for that. Just don't want the away fans to be put off coming into the ground and spending their money with us by thinking we won't have enough to go round! 

The Leigh fans were fantastic today arriving early and keeping us busy all match long. That's exactly what we need.... money being spent at our outlets which goes straight back into the club!

Now you tell me, lol. Spot on Jane. You're right, the Leigh fans were fantastic. What are you going to do next season when we play the pie eaters Wigan?

On 17/02/2018 at 7:46 PM, TMF said:

Hi Pete, welcome back, but i think you have to look at the OP. He made a point/points. We couldn't buy any draught beer. Doesn't matter why. He was correct. The food bar ran out of pies. He was correct. He asked a good question. Can you answer it? I know it sounds like criticism but he's quite right. Leigh, along with a lot of Div 1 fans, will bring the extra supporters the club have been praying for these last few seasons. Problem with the pump system? This is Mickey mouse stuff. The electric going out twice during the friendlies? Embarrassing. Never let the truth get in the way? I think boat builder is trying to help by pointing out problems. Ignore it if you want but at the moment we are looking very amateurish how we look after own and away supporters. Like boat builder said, money lost. Might not be your fault, but you're there to sort it.

You had your chance on several occasions to come and help us out, from a personal invite from me on many past threads, but instead you choose to criticise through your cloak of invisibility. 

You have a dig at me, a dig at jane, and then try n back track!

truly pathetic

Its impossible to not take it personally when people put their heart n soul into It, you rubbish it and then use the “I’m only trying to help” line 

I did however laugh ironically at the way you welcome me back to the forum, like it’s your forum. 

Step up or shut up!

threads like this are wholly unhelpful!

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

Oh Pete, calm down. This is an old post. I think Jane gets the humour, you obviously don't. I'm not back tracking, just having a laugh. Yes, I do have a dig at you sometimes because I think you deserve it. I think a few on here would agree, then when i try to say well done for the good things you do, as in other posts, you laugh ironically? I really don't know where you are coming from and from someone, in your position, to post a reply like above to a true supporter isn't, well, very professional. 

As for a cloak of invisibility, where did that come from, lol. I'm that invisible, I have supported Barrow Rugby for 60 years, yes 60 years. When were you born Pete? Have you ever been to a League game where we only had ~250 supporters there.? I have. A game where I was on the popular side and shouted to my mate in the old grandstand are you going for a pint after? I digress.

Step up or shut up you say. I think iv'e taken many more steps than you my friend. As long as I live, i'll continue to take those steps for Barrow Rugby and your childish outburst won't alter my view one bit. One more statement Pete. If you do something I don't agree with, i'll say so. If you do something I think is good, i'll say so. That is what a forum is about. Peace bro. COYR.

I just thought I'd comment with this, I've been reading the football forum and there is a thread talking about how well we're run commercially and how we have a fantastic connection with the local community.

I for one agree and think Pete and all the VOLUNTEERS at our club do a fantastic job... If people want to pick holes in what work is done how about they volunteer for as little as an hour a week before the game helping out with things? Put up or shut up! 

Keep up the good work Pete & Co, long may it Continue. UP THE RAIDERS 

Good posts Pete and joe142 and who the hell can argue that the VOLUNTEERS don't do a fantastic job? And  joe is right, we are brilliantly run commercially, thanks to the board, and the connection with the local community, thanks to the board and Cresta. Just be careful that you don't say if we are not VOLUNTEERING, we don't care about Barrow? Does not going down to support the team in all weathers, every game, paying our gate money, eating and drinking at the ground facilities, spending money to support the team at away games, playing the lottery since it began, buying goods in the club shop, encouraging people, and sometimes being successful, to visit CP and, I must repeat, supporting the team for 60 years? Is that not enough for you, or should we just VOLUNTEER? Is that your answer to move this club forward or would you rather have two thousand extra fans who do exactly what I do?

Rant over, but my forum thoughts are trying to be constructive. I'm human and I might be wrong, maybe, perhaps, probably, lol, but it's focused on trying to help BRLC. And Pete, I really do admire your commitment and understand your reaction and others, to my post. Peace bros. COYR.

On 20/02/2018 at 1:10 AM, Campeze said:

You had your chance on several occasions to come and help us out, from a personal invite from me on many past threads, but instead you choose to criticise through your cloak of invisibility. 

You have a dig at me, a dig at jane, and then try n back track!

truly pathetic

Its impossible to not take it personally when people put their heart n soul into It, you rubbish it and then use the “I’m only trying to help” line 

I did however laugh ironically at the way you welcome me back to the forum, like it’s your forum. 

Step up or shut up!

threads like this are wholly unhelpful!

Hahaha. What a whopper you really are Murphy. 

Archived