Sign in to follow this  
snapski

So, looks like it’s true then. A Hardaker to Wigan. 5 year deal.

Don’t know the fee, but there have been rumours here for a while. Happening even if he gets the 2 year ban. Contract contains behavioural clauses.

38 minutes ago, snapski said:

Don’t know the fee, but there have been rumours here for a while. Happening even if he gets the 2 year ban. Contract contains behavioural clauses.

so have Castleford cancelled his contract or will they get a fee ?

3 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

so have Castleford cancelled his contract or will they get a fee ?

He may be for sale, but he's not 'for Sale*'.

* See what I did with that?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rumoured to be one of the issues which has contributed to Steve Gill leaving Cas too (if true).  

I would hope it includes a fee but rumoured not to.  I don't understand why we would release him without.  We wouldn't have to pay him while banned, so unless it's to free up cash or cap for an immediate signing it seems a silly move.

Edited by Gates1

33 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Rumoured to be one of the issues which has contributed to Steve Gill leaving Cas too (if true).  

I would hope it includes a fee but rumoured not to.  I don't understand why we would release him without.  We wouldn't have to pay him while banned, so unless it's to free up cash or cap for an immediate signing it seems a silly move.

Gossip said that Wigan have been providing a trainer for him.

Cas have certainly missed him and it would be a shame if he left as I understand Cas arranged work for him.  Having said that, repaying trust hasn’t been high on his agenda in the past.  

52 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I still haven't seen how this is now "true".

Until someone actually confirms it, it's still a pointless rumour.

Until it has been officially denied I can’t see it happening.

Edited by Mark S
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

well its being announced in other areas not official yet though. Just think Zak scoring spectacular tries against Cas and waving contemptuously at their fans and possibly winning SL ring with Wigan ?Hypothetical yes ,but it would leave a sour taste 

I saw it on the Sky Sports Website (Rugby League Bulletin Video) dated 15th February. 

Rumours about him moving to Wigan.

I don't know why Wigan would take the risk on him anyway.

We are not short of full-backs, we have a million wingers, and Haradker is not a centre, so where would he fit in?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Where have you heard this from?

A couple of places - one was the LRL website 

“Wigan keen on Hardaker

Castleford Tigers’ suspended full-back Zak Hardaker is close to joining Wigan Warriors, according to League Weekly’s Dave Parker. It is reported that the 26-year-old has signed – or could sign – a five-year deal once his ban-length has been confirmed. Apparently, the Warriors have provided Hardaker with a personal trainer.”

Also from the super soaraway Suns Gary Carter:-

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryCarter_1979

Edited by Lowdesert
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, snapski said:

I’m sure all contracts have clauses on behaviour .... unfortunately with some people as we see in our game and others it doesn’t have any effect . This would seem strange to me with a long ban still ahead of him , to take him on a contract with the financial burden involved , which could be used in the short n medium term and with Wigan having good stocks of back talent . Interesting call anyway , 

Edited by DavidM

35 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

We are not short of full-backs, we have a million wingers, and Haradker is not a centre, so where would he fit in?

Not short of centres either Jim.

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure all contracts have clauses on behaviour .... unfortunately with some people it doesn’t have any effect . This would seem strange to me with a long ban still ahead of him , to take him on a contract with the financial burden involved , which could be used in the short n medium term and with Wigan having good stocks of back talent . Interesting call anyway

Also hearing he’s using the Bailey get out that, the test was left in the testers car over night. 

2 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Is this the beginning of the end for Cas then? How longs left on Hardakers contract?

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

Why not? We sorted Hock out, after all. 😀😀😀

Edited by JohnM

Zak clearly has a lot of talent and Wigan will feel he can do a good job for them at FB.  I would not be surprised to see him end up there. Escare and Tomkins can play in the Halves and having these 2, Zak and Williams means alot of depth. A 5 year deal seems a bit long though.

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Gossip said that Wigan have been providing a trainer for him.

Cas have certainly missed him and it would be a shame if he left as I understand Cas arranged work for him.  Having said that, repaying trust hasn’t been high on his agenda in the past.  

Didn't Leeds give him additional support to help his behavioural.... ermmm tendencies, including enabling him to go to Aussie land and being on loan to Cas for a good while in the vein hope it would help his negative  "character" attributes..  He didn't seem to reciprocate that support from Leeds.

Fingers crossed he can be helped to become a model professional going forward, which would surely help him in any future career.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

He may be for sale, but he's not 'for Sale*'.

* See what I did with that?! 

Salutary. 

So we have a thread about a rumour about a rumour.

• Like 1