RIP Geoff Pimblett

Padge

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2018/02/19/geoff-pimblett/

A great player, great servant to Saints.

R.I.P. Geoff, condolences to family, friends and those that knew him.

(Apologies if this has been posted previous but I haven't spotted it.) 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2018/02/19/geoff-pimblett/

A great player, great servant to Saints.

R.I.P. Geoff, condolences to family, friends and those that knew him.

(Apologies if this has been posted previous but I haven't spotted it.) 

It's on AOB mate but certainly deserves an airing on here.

Terrific player and genuinely all round nice bloke.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

It's on AOB mate but certainly deserves an airing on here.

Terrific player and genuinely all round nice bloke.

I feel that our own shouldn't be shunted off to AOB to be honest.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

Couldn't agree more.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Used to go to Knowsley Road with my Grandad in the 70s and Geoff Pimblett was one of my favourite players. He also played in the only Challenge Cup final I've ever attended, back in 1972.

A great player, very sorry to hear the news.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

One of the first players I ever knew the name of, a star in Saints teams that weren't always overflowing with them. RIP

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

19 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

You know you are getting on a bit when a player you saw as a kid in the 70's passes away in their 70's.

I remember as a kid watching Geoff Pimblett on the telly and at Cas and thinking he looks more like a local bank manager than the stereotypical RL player of the time.

A great servant to the game.

Agreed, Remember Geoff Pimblett very well,excellent kicker and terrific player,also Chris Hesketh recently,magical memories!

On 20/02/2018 at 8:26 PM, Padge said:

I posted it on the AOB thread; but yes, you're right, he deserves a thread of his own on here.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived