Sign in to follow this  
From the Woo

Hardaker Sacked

Rumour on the cas forum is saying allegedly Hardaker was sacked by Steve Gill then offered a lower contract for duration of any ban. Wigan have then swooped in and signed a free agent. If this had any truth in it would explain the rumours of Gill and Powell having a bust up and Gill possibly exiting Cas. All if true of course

Considering the drug related investigation is yet to be finalised, Clubs wishing to buy him, wont have any idea when he can actually play.   Saints 😎

As a Wigan fan, and despite the fact that he is a good player, I don't think we should touch him either.

It sets a bad precedent, and gives completely the opposite impression of the one I would like my club to be giving.

Wigan have more than enough young backs willing to live proper lives, and give everything for their club, so why we would employ this sorry excuse is a mystery to me.

• Like 13

Good on Cas for having the balls to sack a player who still has some value, as Wigan obviously believe. I agree with Jim P on this one but unfortunately there’s always a club who thinks they can put the rebel player back on the straight and narrow.

Edited by deluded pom?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Good on Cas for having the balls to sack a player who still has some value, as Wigan obviously believe. I agree with Jim P on this one but unfortunately there’s always a club who thinks they can put the rebel player back on the straight anD narrow.

Maybe WIgan can mate, I just don't want them to try.

• Like 1

HKR',Leigh or toronto would be my bet assuiming he isnt banned'after that its semi pro or oblivion,

30 minutes ago, jpmc said:

I find it difficult to believe wigan would touch this lad

I obviously hope he doesn't go over there and cause havoc that would just be terrible! :ph34r:

In all seriousness he is one of the best players in the league of that there is no question, he has proved it year after year.

IMO the RFL should ban him from the sport, it is not like its one incident. He has been punished for violence, homophobia and drugs amongst other things. This is over and above being sent home from international duty for being out on the lash.

He cannot possibly ever be considered as a role model and I would be surprised if a club with the stature of Wigan want to be associated with that type of negativity.

I hope for the sport that all clubs collectively show him the door by not signing him however i suspect a smaller club that ordinarily couldn't attract that caliber of player might just be tempted.

I sincerely hope not.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Rumour on the cas forum is saying allegedly Hardaker was sacked by Steve Gill then offered a lower contract for duration of any ban. Wigan have then swooped in and signed a free agent. If this had any truth in it would explain the rumours of Gill and Powell having a bust up and Gill possibly exiting Cas. All if true of course

I am not sure if he will be a free agent.

I suspect that Cas will still hold his registration. So any future club will be required to pay Cas for his services, assuming Cas require a fee which I suspect they will.

Probably the right decision although they did spend a lot on him. 

Might do him good going to wigan, I've heard he hangs around with some bad eggs in Fev so moving somewhere else may help him. 

I read somewhere that McClorum chose Wigan to get away from bad people in Leeds who could have tarnished his career

Edited by West Leeds Riviera

I have no moral issue with someone signing hardaker. He will pay his debt and try again. There is always a lot of pointless moralizing when it comes to recreational drugs. It' Hardakers issue to deal with. It's not really any of our business. 

On a practical level however he has an incredible ability to self sabotage and often drag those around him down. 

2013 he gets into the England squad then gets kicked out, 2014 he makes a homophobic slur at a ref 2015 he assaults a student, 2016 ends up being loaned out and failing in Australia after being awful all year and being allowed to leave Leeds, 2017 fails a drug test and ruins Cas grand final week and is let go again. He hasn't had a year without a major controversy and rather than getting better he seems to be getting worse. 

I sincerely hope we see the Hardaker of 2015 and 2017 back again. At top form he is our best FB at the moment. But I fear it's only a matter of time before the next controversy. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

I have no moral issue with someone signing hardaker. He will pay his debt and try again. There is always a lot of pointless moralizing when it comes to recreational drugs. It' Hardakers issue to deal with. It's not really any of our business. 

On a practical level however he has an incredible ability to self sabotage and often drag those around him down. 

2013 he gets into the England squad then gets kicked out, 2014 he makes a homophobic slur at a ref 2015 he assaults a student, 2016 ends up being loaned out and failing in Australia after being awful all year and being allowed to leave Leeds, 2017 fails a drug test and ruins Cas grand final week and is let go again. He hasn't had a year without a major controversy and rather than getting better he seems to be getting worse. 

I sincerely hope we see the Hardaker of 2015 and 2017 back again. At top form he is our best FB at the moment. But I fear it's only a matter of time before the next controversy. 

I do have a moral issue with him playing again because these players are role models and often hero's to children.

It is not just a case of paying a debt to society; a professional player is required to be socially responsible and even undertake work within the community which goes hand in hand with the on field element of their employment.

Lets be honest too, if he was bang average he would have been shown the door a long long time ago.

I am no prude, far far from it. I would agree, if he was in a different profession it would be none of our business what he does in his spare time. If he is caught breaking the law he will then pay his debt accordingly.

I met Hardaker once and he was very friendly, he was pleasant to speak to and made time for us signing a ball and a couple of shirts. I hope he finds success in whatever he does with the next chapter in his life however he has no place being an idol to the next generation.

2 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

I just hope they can't find the receipt , they might be asking Leeds for a refund😂😂

In all seriousness, could they not sue Hardaker for this?

1 minute ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I do have a moral issue with him playing again because these players are role models and often hero's to children.

It is not just a case of paying a debt to society; a professional player is required to be socially responsible and even undertake work within the community which goes hand in hand with the on field element of their employment.

Lets be honest too, if he was bang average he would have been shown the door a long long time ago.

I am no prude, far far from it. I would agree, if he was in a different profession it would be none of our business what he does in his spare time. If he is caught breaking the law he will then pay his debt accordingly.

I met Hardaker once and he was very friendly, he was pleasant to speak to and made time for us signing a ball and a couple of shirts. I hope he finds success in whatever he does with the next chapter in his life however he has no place being an idol to the next generation.

kids should have better role models than RL players whoever they are. They are just people good at a sport, not a moral leader. 

• Like 4

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

In all seriousness, could they not sue Hardaker for this?

What is he really going to be worth financially himself though?

I suspect they could only claim his £150K transfer fee and they would spend close to that taking him to court.

That is then £450K with both sets of solicitors fees and the £150K award. I would be astounded if Hardaker is worth that even if he sold his house, especially considering the price of coke and he isn't earning superstar FB wages anymore.

7 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

kids should have better role models than RL players whoever they are. They are just people good at a sport, not a moral leader. 

I agree they should and often do however I still see almost every single kids shirt with a players name on the back.

I am all for rehabilitating people, but sometimes and for some people you need to exclude them from certain environments for the greater good.

1 minute ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I agree they should and often do however I still see almost every single kids shirt with a players name on the back.

I am all for rehabilitating people, but sometimes and for some people you need to exclude them from certain environments for the greater good.

I still dont agree that players have that responsibility.

And even if they did, id far rather that was used to tell a story of redemption.