Sign in to follow this  
Copa

Commonwealth Championship 9s live streaming

Samoa and Australia are noticeably physically way bigger than any of the other teams taking part. This is also meant to be an U23s team chosen from the amateurs but Australia have a few with NRL deals.

Theres been a few Home hemisphere decisions including the first try against England where the player completely missed the ball but somehow got awarded a crucial first try of the match.

Its great to see the athletes with disability playing, they’re an inspiration!

I can’t see past Australia for the main title though!

Just watching the Australia v New Zealand match and noticed that players from both sides have different coloured shorts. Do the colours represent something or have the kit men been a bit disorganised. 

Just now, Walney said:

Just watching the Australia v New Zealand match and noticed that players from both sides have different coloured shorts. Do the colours represent something or have the kit men been a bit disorganised. 

It's a Masters game - Doh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I see this was well publicised.

I think it was, but it passed me by.  Misreading it for the commonwealth games didn’t help mind.

46 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I see this was well publicised.

I knew about the tournament, but assumed that it would happen a bit closer to the date of the actual Commonwealth Games.

Got a mate out there playing for Wales. Crazy that almost all of the Aussie squad are QLD/NSW Cup and NRL squads and the northern hemisphere nations are basically amateur! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Got a mate out there playing for Wales. Crazy that almost all of the Aussie squad are QLD/NSW Cup and NRL squads and the northern hemisphere nations are basically amateur! 

One incredible experience, though.

18 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Ive never really understood what the selection policy is for this.

Didnt understand 4 years ago either.

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Ive never really understood what the selection policy is for this.

Didnt understand 4 years ago either.

I believe it's u23s, England's team is selected from NCL, Wales is a bit of a mixed bag. Doesn't seem particularly obvious what the policy is overall though.

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I knew about the tournament, but assumed that it would happen a bit closer to the date of the actual Commonwealth Games.

Rugby League feels more a secret society than a sport.

I knew about the tournament but again an opportunity missed to create interest in an event. 

Nobody can see past their own nose.

How many fans knew the fixtures or it would be streamed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

3 of the "Scottish" team play for the same club: Dapto Canaries.

Me neither.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Rugby League feels more a secret society than a sport.

I knew about the tournament but again an opportunity missed to create interest in an event. 

Nobody can see past their own nose.

How many fans knew the fixtures or it would be streamed.

The pics on the Scotland site showed that the place was completely empty. It was like it was played behind closed doors

I watch and follow the game avidly and had no idea about this so no idea how a casual supporter is going to know. Bit cheesed off as I worked form home today so would have watched some of it. We are slowly pushing forward globally, but don't half make it hard work for ourselves. Empty stadium are irrelevant, it's about getting the message out that RL is played at big global sporting events, that is a huge trigger for the game.

30 minutes ago, Celt said:

The pics on the Scotland site showed that the place was completely empty. It was like it was played behind closed doors

It looked like there was a few rows of speccies tucked under thw limited bit of shelter when the heavens opened!

From the Wales Rugby League Website:-

MEN’S TOURNAMENT - DAY TWO (all timings are Queensland time so please deduct 10 hours for UK time)

10.45am – Ranking semi-final - Scotland v Papua New Guinea

11.10am – Ranking semi-final - England v Wales (1.10am)

1pm – Major semi-final - Australia v Samoa

1.25pm – Major semi-final - Tonga v Fiji

2.15pm – Seventh / Eighth Place “Bowl” play-off

2.40pm – Fifth / Sixth Place “Shield” play-off

5.25pm – Bronze medal match

5.50pm – Gold medal match

www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk

Edited by fearnowt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Celt said:

Sounds like Glasgow. Administrators need understand that its not up to me atttitude is killing the game.

Countries need to show an event with crowds to convince governments to give them money for travel costs.

I have run events on zero budgets so no time for anyone who starts blaming a lack of marketing budget.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Wales beats the poms. I guess there's amateur and then there's "amateur".

England were rubbish last time. I dont really know who they send to play tbh.

But from memory England lost to Scotland last time, Wales this - why are we bothering if we dont try and win?

Edited by Dave T