New season - it's finally here!

Feels like this has been the longest off season ever for some reason, but it finally all starts this weekend. 

We fancy our chances at home to Normanton but they were the one team to beat us last season and know they'll be tough again. 

Really interested to see some of the other results, because I can't quite work out at the minute how the likes of Siddal, Mayfield and Thatto are going to go this season based on CC results. 

To be fair looking at the weather forecast I would be surprised if there will be many games on with the beast from the east about to hit and temps most nights looking at minus 2 or 3 most of the week.

I think all 3 Cumbrian sides will be hard to beat at home, all 3 look to have healthy squads this year and hope all 3 end up in the playoffs come the  end of the season.

I  think Siddal will struggle this season based on the fact that they have lost 5 first team players including Garrod (there stand off and captain).I cannot see them winning the first 2 games against West Hull and Hunslet Parkside who are stronger sides IMO.I saw Wests last Saturday at Thornhill and Hunslet against Workington and Siddals youngsters will not compete with these guys but we will see in a couple of weeks??

21 hours ago, neutralfan said:

I  think Siddal will struggle this season based on the fact that they have lost 5 first team players including Garrod (there stand off and captain).I cannot see them winning the first 2 games against West Hull and Hunslet Parkside who are stronger sides IMO.I saw Wests last Saturday at Thornhill and Hunslet against Workington and Siddals youngsters will not compete with these guys but we will see in a couple of weeks??

They now have Anthony Murray as coach - and he's a great motivator!  Muz knows how to get the best out of players, and I suspect he'll do a good job there.  

On 26/02/2018 at 11:18 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We fancy our chances at home to Normanton but they were the one team to beat us last season and know they'll be tough again. 

Didn't you predict Normanton to finish bottom of the division?

Will it come back to haunt you?

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, Davo5 said:

Hope the Kells/Mayfield match goes ahead,don’t want another Rochdale conspiracy theory!

Put another record on. We played you, You won. End of.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, Davo5 said:

Hope the Kells/Mayfield match goes ahead,don’t want another Rochdale conspiracy theory!

Match off. Wow, I did not think that Mayfield had so much influence in the NCL. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Win Outr

SkyBet have stuck some odds up if any of you fancy a flutter. Max stake is about £28.

Hunslet Club Parkside 7/2
Thatto Heath Crusaders 4/1
Siddal 9/2
Wath Brow Hornets 7/1
Normanton Knights 10/1
Rochdale Mayfield 10/1
West Hull 10/1
Kells 12/1
Egremont Rangers 14/1
Myton Warriors 16/1
Underbank Rangers 20/1
Wigan St Patricks 20/1

Thanks Neutral. 

Think we've set a benchmark today and made clear for any doubters exactly what our intentions are. Fair play to Siddal never gain in but it's meant as no slight to say they're literally not the same side. Sure they'll get better as the weeks go by. 

For us we'll have a good night but that's where the pats on the back will stop - straight into a huge game next week when we welcome Thatto. 

On 09/03/2018 at 12:41 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Win Outr

SkyBet have stuck some odds up if any of you fancy a flutter. Max stake is about £28.

Hunslet Club Parkside 7/2
Siddal 9/2
Wath Brow Hornets 7/1
Normanton Knights 10/1
Rochdale Mayfield 10/1
West Hull 10/1
Kells 12/1
Egremont Rangers 14/1
Myton Warriors 16/1
Underbank Rangers 20/1
Wigan St Patricks 20/1

The difference one round of games make is quite comical! 

Hunslet Club Parkside 10/11
Siddal 8/1
Egremont Rangers 12/1
Normanton Knights 12/1
Wath Brow Hornets 12/1
West Hull 16/1
Kells 20/1
Rochdale Mayfield 20/1
Myton Warriors 25/1
Underbank Rangers 25/1
Wigan St Patricks 40/1