4 Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 3pm - RESCHEDULED

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/18 at 15:00

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think on paper we are marginally the better team, certainly better on form so would be disappointed if we lose.

However no team has ever derailed us more often than Hudds, especially when we think we are looking good. They have a real habit of playing really well whilst we don't in these games. Why I don't know, other than for a period a few years  when they were clearly a much better team.

I just hope that our current squad don't know of this hoodoo and thus will turn up and play.

Either team could win by I'd guess by no more than 12 points (probably)

Huddersfield usually beat Wakefield, but Wakefield seem to be doing alright these days, winning games despite not playing well, but they do have the best RL player the universe has ever seen playing for them, so i expect a tough game.

Lets hope the weather holds and we get to see a good competitive game.

26 minutes ago, meast said:

Huddersfield usually beat Wakefield, but Wakefield seem to be doing alright these days, winning games despite not playing well, but they do have the best RL player the universe has ever seen playing for them, so i expect a tough game.

Lets hope the weather holds and we get to see a good competitive game.

Not in recent years they haven't but there was a period where they did that's for certain.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think on paper we are marginally the better team, certainly better on form so would be disappointed if we lose.

However no team has ever derailed us more often than Hudds, especially when we think we are looking good. They have a real habit of playing really well whilst we don't in these games. Why I don't know, other than for a period a few years  when they were clearly a much better team.

I just hope that our current squad don't know of this hoodoo and thus will turn up and play.

Either team could win by I'd guess by no more than 12 points (probably)

Has our form been that good, really?

I know we’re 3 from 3 but we’ve beaten a poor HKR in their first game back after a year in the championship, we got very lucky at home against Salford who outscored us 3 try’s to 2 and we scraped Home by 2pts against an awful Catalan team who look destined for the bottom 4.

We need to smarten up quickly, stop giving soft penalties away, improve our ball security and find some fluency in attack. If we don’t then the first half decent team we play will turn us over.

40 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I know we’re 3 from 3 but we’ve beaten a poor HKR in their first game back after a year in the championship, we got very lucky at home against Salford who outscored us 3 try’s to 2 and we scraped Home by 2pts against an awful Catalan team who look destined for the bottom 4.

We need to smarten up quickly, stop giving soft penalties away, improve our ball security and find some fluency in attack. If we don’t then the first half decent team we play will turn us over.

Agreed, easy start that we've made look tough.

WBW + Co 28 Hudds 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

17 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I never said our form was great I said it was better than Hudds, can't see where you have an issue with that.

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I never said our form was great I said it was better than Hudds, can't see where you have an issue with that.

I never said you did, I just posed the question in my own words. What’s wrong with that?

They’ve played Warrington, St Helens and Hull FC, all three are superior opposition to Trinity’s and while Wakefield have 3 wins there’s no basis upon which to compare their form to ours. Certainly not enough relevant info to draw the conclusion that our form is better than theirs.

11 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I never said you did, I just posed the question in my own words. What’s wrong with that?

They’ve played Warrington, St Helens and Hull FC, all three are superior opposition to Trinity’s and while Wakefield have 3 wins there’s no basis upon which to compare their form to ours. Certainly not enough relevant info to draw the conclusion that our form is better than theirs.

I'd say it was, why deride your own team? You can only play what's in front of you - also not sure Warrington are superior these days.

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I'd say it was, why deride your own team? 

Perhaps Omega is a realist and appreciates and accepts what he sees from his team week in week out?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I'd say it was, why deride your own team? You can only play what's in front of you - also not sure Warrington are superior these days.

Compared to KR, Salford and Catalans they are tbf.

Its a valid arguement. Of course you can only beat whats in front of you, but Wakefield have won 3 games they should be winning. Favourites in all 3.

Hudds have been outsiders in all their 3. You could argue they are 2 points ahead of schedule.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

Hudds have been outsiders in all their 3. You could argue they are 2 points ahead of schedule.

Agree with the first part of your comment, but always thought we would get at least 1 win from the first 3 games.

Next 3 matches for us are massive starting with Wakey on Fri, followed by Widnes (a) & KR (h).

Anything less than 2 wins from 3 will be a disappointment to be fair.

If the match goes ahead then it will be very tight due to the conditions.

Giants by 4 - 6 pts.

Archived