Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom Horseman

Match Thread: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 4th March 2018

11 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

What did he say?

" I don't like celebrating victory when there are people in this world that are less fortunate than myself, and people in the world that are in distress and suffering and not quite able to achieve what you are. I always think when you're enjoying yourself in victory you should spare a thought for those people. So let's all spare a thought for Bradford and Featherstone" (amidst cheers and laughter).

To be fair it was done after a game for the benefit of Leigh fans and he was probably too drunk to stop and think about people filming it and putting it on social media etc, but still...

14 hours ago, RoyBoy295 said:

More embarrassing than a soap opera. One numpty throws a spoon in the shitpot, and everyone wants a stir

To be fair, we've had our fair share of embarrassments over the years, notably in the Faisal era. Still, we copped plenty of flak ourselves then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To be fair, we've had our fair share of embarrassments over the years, notably in the Faisal era. Still, we copped plenty of flak ourselves then.

What's happening (and has been for a while) over there very much reminds me of the period shortly before and after the end of the Powell era.

Well.... after last night's talk sport piece on leigh and delbert's musings on Twitter, the future is looking owt but rosey for leigh at the mo.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Well.... after last night's talk sport piece on leigh and delbert's musings on Twitter, the future is looking owt but rosey for leigh at the mo.

His self-imposed exile not lasted long then.......?

No.

Apparently he's towin to appoint a quality coach with the position they're in and unless they get top 4 then current contracts are unsustainable so he will end his involvement.

On 15/03/2018 at 1:37 PM, Robin Evans said:

No.

Apparently he's towin to appoint a quality coach with the position they're in and unless they get top 4 then current contracts are unsustainable so he will end his involvement.

from Love Rugby League's gossip column (so take with a pinch of salt, but...)

"Leigh Centurions are understood to be keen on selling a couple of their players. The club have started the Championship season in poor fashion, having won just one game out of six. It is believed they are paying a couple of players over £120,000 per-year and want to reduce their budget, with it now looking unlikely that they will make the top four this season."

I think the word "selling" is highly optimistic...the phrase they are blushingly groping for should probably be "keen on finding another club daft enough to take on some vastly inflated two-year contracts".

32 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

from Love Rugby League's gossip column (so take with a pinch of salt, but...)

"Leigh Centurions are understood to be keen on selling a couple of their players. The club have started the Championship season in poor fashion, having won just one game out of six. It is believed they are paying a couple of players over £120,000 per-year and want to reduce their budget, with it now looking unlikely that they will make the top four this season."

I think the word "selling" is highly optimistic...the phrase they are blushingly groping for should probably be "keen on finding another club daft enough to take on some vastly inflated two-year contracts".

🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know how other people on here think but for me going back five or six years Leigh are without doubt my second most hated Club and I am really looking forward to our home game with them with hopefully a good win and seing how cocky and arrogant some of their supporters are then especially the Gobsh###s that were in the Railway and those who were winding my son up into a fight.

2 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

I don’t know how other people on here think but for me going back five or six years Leigh are without doubt my second most hated Club and I am really looking forward to our home game with them with hopefully a good win and seing how cocky and arrogant some of their supporters are then especially the Gobsh###s that were in the Railway and those who were winding my son up into a fight.

In all likelihood pik ey lad, those supporters are not likely to be there. 

As they will no longer be hanging out of delbert's ar se, leigh will be left with their die hard bretheren.... many of whom I've met and know to be top sorts.

Some of the sheeites that came in the 8s last year deserve what they're getting.... but i suspect they'llbe long gone if leigh's current form continues

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Thanks Pal !

Its a bit of a dangerous game over editing ( making up ) someone’s post mate .

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Its a bit of a dangerous game over editing ( making up ) someone’s post mate .

Oh dear, don't take life so seriously love ! ;)

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Indeed. 

See you on our RL FANS FORUM when we lose to Dewsbury !  Giver but not a taker.....film at 11 :bb::bb: