Challenge Cup 4th Round Draw

I remember when I played for Ferrantis in the early 70s, we played Pilks at home in the Lancs Cup, about 18 months before they lost in the Challenge Cup, by the odd point in 49, to a very good Cas team.

We produced one of our best performances of the season, tackled like demons, but were outclassed 24.7 by a super side. At the end, we just had to acknowledge that we'd given our all but had been beaten by a far better team.

14 hours ago, JonM said:

Indeed - and it's only a couple of years since Pilks knocked out London Skolars. I remember watch being taken as a kid to watch them play Wigan in the Challenge Cup in the 1970s in a pretty close game.

Coventry had never had a home Challenge Cup draw until the last round, I think, and I don't think they'd won a Challenge Cup game until last weekend.

Yep never had a home game (or won a game) until last round. Two home draws in a row for the Bears is fantastic. Pilkington Recs and the Bears have a history of playing each other from the old NC3 days. As I recall both teams were well matched. This Bears team are alot better than NC3 days and should have enough to beat them so its a great opportunity. Saying that anything can happen in a one off game,  and the Bears certainly won't take them lightly. 

5 minutes ago, notbackten said:

torontos matches are all streamed live on premier sports so the bbc wouldnt touch it.

Fair enough; all the more RL for us viewers! I don't know about the Challenge Cup though, because the Beeb showed a Wolfpack cup tie last year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, notbackten said:

torontos matches are all streamed live on premier sports so the bbc wouldnt touch it.

Premier only show league and play off games. They never showed the Siddal, London Broncos or Salford Challenge Cup games last season.

rldfsignature.jpg

BBC Sport

Saturday, March the 17th

13:50-16:00, Rugby league - Normanton Knights v Rochdale Hornets, Connected TV and online

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

No "Red Button" broadcast then?

The early rounds haven't been on the red button much, if at all. The red button is showing the All England Badminton Championships for most of that day, anyway.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Tricky1976 said:

Yes - if you have a connected TV you can access the sport app through the red button and watch it there - same as all previous rounds this year and last

Yes, but not the red button channel (601) on regular FreeView TVs.

But when you can get connected for a pretty small one-off cost (Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, Roku), it is very good value for money, because that would also allow you to watch matches streamed on YouTube or FaceBook on your TV too. And there's lots of RL being shown that way, from all sorts of places.

It really is becoming an essential for any RL fan.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived