Dave Naylor

Hemel Stags at home - GAME OFF

Thought I'd start a Hemel thread and tag it coz it looks good in the list.  Anyway, weather permitting, this should be an opportunity to turn things up to 11.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
Amended topic title

Definitely a chance to put some points in the "for" column, give Hemel respect ,as we do for all teams,keep doing what we have been doing in previous games and should be a good winning margin come full time. Hopefully the weather will allow us to play although according to our mate @chadweather on twitter it doesn't look like it will warm up anytime soon!

Be good to play this weekend with the York game looming,that will be our first real home test of the season so far.

Hope the lad and dad that usually come up from Hemel travel,missed their valiant chants of "Heeeemmmellll!" and their Chairman is a bit of a star as well.Bit of extra interest for me too,as Hemel have a lad who used to play for my local side in Greece (Rhodes Knights).Stefanos Bastas he is called,decent player by all accounts.

A win,decent score,no injuries and the Roughyeds Express rolling on would be fine and dandy.

7 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Definitely a chance to put some points in the "for" column, give Hemel respect ,as we do for all teams,keep doing what we have been doing in previous games and should be a good winning margin come full time. Hopefully the weather will allow us to play although according to our mate @chadweather on twitter it doesn't look like it will warm up anytime soon!

Be good to play this weekend with the York game looming,that will be our first real home test of the season so far.

Hope the lad and dad that usually come up from Hemel travel,missed their valiant chants of "Heeeemmmellll!" and their Chairman is a bit of a star as well.Bit of extra interest for me too,as Hemel have a lad who used to play for my local side in Greece (Rhodes Knights).Stefanos Bastas he is called,decent player by all accounts.

A win,decent score,no injuries and the Roughyeds Express rolling on would be fine and dandy.

Your local side? Did you come to the game vs Royal Engineers in October?

No phillipw I didn't. I used to live in Rhodes, moved back to the UK in 2012 and resumed following the Yeds,RL was just starting to get a foothold in Rhodes then.Still follow the fortunes of the Knights via friends and FB. Nice to see the lad get a chance,RL clubs should look more at Greece and surrounding areas,the new Balkan league has some varied sides and seems to be growing pretty well.

Stevo I'd set off now pal! Hope the game will go ahead, always good to see you both.

17 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

No phillipw I didn't. I used to live in Rhodes, moved back to the UK in 2012 and resumed following the Yeds,RL was just starting to get a foothold in Rhodes then.Still follow the fortunes of the Knights via friends and FB. Nice to see the lad get a chance,RL clubs should look more at Greece and surrounding areas,the new Balkan league has some varied sides and seems to be growing pretty well.

Stevo I'd set off now pal! Hope the game will go ahead, always good to see you both.

At least we don't have to go over the Woodhead this year, pretty as it is. 

Looking forward to  catching up with you and everyone. #LoudandProud

• Like 1

Hopefully the game will be on, because if the weather continues in the minus numbers with the snow, hemel might not get here and care and consideration must be taken for us fans to make sure that the surrounding area to the plastic pitch is accessible 

• Like 1

Unless there's a marked improvement in weather think the game will be postponed, the pitch will be fine I'm sure but Hemel need to be able to travel plus all players need to be able to get here. Also health and safety issues in the stands to consider too. 

Funnily enough UR I was reading earlier about removal of snow from 4G. 😉 https://www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk/all_weather_pitches

It's AVRO's call if they decide to try and get the game on at the ground but with circumstances around transport etc it might not matter even if the ground was ok. Hemel traveling, our players and fans also.

With the conditions at the moment,even if the pitch was playable, I'd still call it off. Can't be healthy for the players to play in -8/9 wind-chill or fans to watch for that matter.

Better to call it off early, let the lads have a bit of a relax and come back next week fit and well for the York game. Knowing Mr H it will be called off about 10am on Sunday 🤣

Edited by roughyed34
Rubbish description so just put the link!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't think that the game will be on. Must think about the players not bank balance but as r34 ch will call it at 11.

Someone expects to play seeing as they have gone to the trouble of marking the fooball pitch out, maybe it was Mr H trying to convince the RFL the pitch is playable but he followed the wrong lines? :) I can imagine him on the phone now ' but I have 100 pies arriving at noon and its too late to cancel them'

Update on the website.... https://roughyeds.co.uk/2018/03/hemel-game-in-serious-doubt/

Edited by Whitworth Yed

11 minutes ago, exrlref said:

Game Off

Correct call to postpone it. Shame we couldn't play though to keep the momentum heading into the York game.

• Like 1

Correct decision, its not just the pitch it's the spectator areas and roads around the ground and there's no guarantee that hemel would be able to travel and plus the way the team were training today was a clear indication 

• Like 3

On 01/03/2018 at 10:20 PM, roughyed34 said:

Funnily enough UR I was reading earlier about removal of snow from 4G. 😉 https://www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk/all_weather_pitches

It's AVRO's call if they decide to try and get the game on at the ground but with circumstances around transport etc it might not matter even if the ground was ok. Hemel traveling, our players and fans also.

With the conditions at the moment,even if the pitch was playable, I'd still call it off. Can't be healthy for the players to play in -8/9 wind-chill or fans to watch for that matter.

Better to call it off early, let the lads have a bit of a relax and come back next week fit and well for the York game. Knowing Mr H it will be called off about 10am on Sunday 🤣

It’ can’t be AVRO Call why a pro rugby game is off local clubs have to get refs to inspect pitch 

Have people seen what NCL team have said about their full time team 

Irrelevant now. Ref inspected the pitch ,game was called off. We move on to the York game.

• Like 1