ramsfandan

Chances of game going ahead Sunday?

Some snow last night but mainly gone now, currently I wouldn't say any issue with playing this weekend.

Regards Penno

25 minutes ago, Penno said:

Some snow last night but mainly gone now, currently I wouldn't say any issue with playing this weekend.

Regards Penno

Thank you for reply Penno good we have full or nearly full coach as only couple places remained yesterday so should bring decent following. Looking forward to it. Thanks danny

• Like 1

Isn't summer rugby great !!!

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

Today although little snow it is desperately cold.  I feel that if this freeze continued we could have a frozen pitch.  Hope not but worth checking nearer Sunday.

Thanks for reply really bad here would of no chance of being on hull kr leeds and wakey already off. Hope it's on 

The weather is forecast to get a little warmer. The trouble is that one side of the pitch is in the lee of the stand and does not get any sun (no matter how weak it is). I presume it will be frozen solid now - whether we get the weather to thaw it sufficiently for the game to go ahead is in the lap of the gods.

1 hour ago, red square said:

Wind, waves & weather forecast Walney Island Airport - Windfinder

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/walney_island
  1. This is the most accurate weather forecasting service for Walney Island (Barrow) It shows temperatures reaching 4 degrees 

as good as a summer's day on Sunday in Barrow :)   will you be watering the pitch on Saturday ?

Hull v Warrington 19:45 on Sky.

Surprised if the game is on Barrow v Eastleigh called of this morning due to a frozen pitch, even though they had frost covers on (unfortunately they blew off the pitch last night due to the high winds:banned:).

Batley's game called off

I'm hoping barrow make a swift decision about the game on Sunday. 

Calling it off after a pitch inspection on Sunday ain't gonna be in anybodys best interests. 

• Like 1

No lying snow and forecast light winds, 6c and no frost so don't see why it won't be on.

I'm sure both teams could do without having a congested fixture list with midweek games etc! 

2 hours ago, bwa said:

No lying snow and forecast light winds, 6c and no frost so don't see why it won't be on.

I'm sure both teams could do without having a congested fixture list with midweek games etc! 

I would wait until the 9 am pitch insection .

Edited by tec

Whether the game goes ahead might depend on whether Dewsbury can actually get up here or not. 

If your coming lads/lasses, safe journey. The forecast for tomorrow is sunshine 5c. Tropical. Barrow/Cumbria v Australia masters was played today, so, looking good.

8 hours ago, Bighorribleyorkshireman said:

Good luck today Barrow. Sorry I won't be there as they have only just opened Exeter airport and my flight to Manchester is now at 3pm.😥😣..you can win and march up that league table.

Exeter to Manchester ....and you want to fly?......bleeding walk it......

• Like 1

Sorry Dewsbury and all the fans that had booked the coach. What can we do when a ref calls the match off at 9.00am because of the pitch condition? He is actually right to make that call if the pitch is frozen at the time of inspection. He has to think of the safety of the players. Ironically, at 3.00pm, the game could probably gone ahead due to rising temps, but he wasn't to know that. It is how it is. Don't know when the game will be replayed but hope to see you when it is.