Games Off Saturday 3rd March

If NCL had posted the truth I don't see a problem, plus if the NCL administrator is posting on this site why not post in his own name, 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

Schoolboy error and mildly offensive to boot.

It's not going to end well, rubbing people the wrong way along with your triumphalism.. :ph34r:

Offense is taken, not given so we're not going to worry about that, Dessie ?.

And why won't it end well - weird that people on here regularly pass comment on the misgivings of the NCL yet as soon as they think there's an 'administrator' in the area start talking about being 'condescending and offensive' - I'm sure/hoping they're not that precious. 

I always pass comment be positive or negative and only my personal opinions and not  that of my club. I am sure that when I attend NCL meetings I do and always will speak on behalf of my club. Don't think anything anything wrong  on a forum expressing  personal views.             

Ps don't matter to me if you top of premier or not even in league its a bloody forum !!!!                 

On 03/03/2018 at 5:37 PM, Spidey said:

Nobody was forced to do anything. They never are, there no problem with asking, and no problem in declining

Clubs have the power to vote out the management team who appoint the administrator, Year on Year they get voted back in. They must be doing a good job

Regarding the fixture that's trying to be arranged for Easter saturday for tv schedules "unfortunately if we don't get volunteers we will have to schedule a match that tv wish to cover" . That sounds pretty much that 2 teams will be forced to play on an Easter weekend, free from being a backlog date, if teams don't volunteer to play that weekend.

Interesting times ahead for amateur players, not being paid, having to do as they're told by tv scheduling. 

On 03/03/2018 at 6:41 PM, Spidey said:

Nobody is forced to do anything, any change in fixtures requires agreement on both sides

it was a suggestion/intention, and he does go on to say contact him with any concerns 

it’s really not the situation you are making out

Unless the new tv show want to show a certain fixture maybe ?

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

weird that people on here regularly pass comment on the misgivings of the NCL yet as soon as they think there's an 'administrator' in the area start talking about being 'condescending and offensive' - I'm sure/hoping they're not that precious. 

I kind of agree with you, however, I hope you don't include me as :

1. I've been on here 10 years and viewed it for 15 so I already know the NCL monitor the forum, including the NCL President Peter Moran, who regular moronic posters managed to retire from posting a few years ago.

2. My moderated forum compliant views are my own and not the views of any current NCL club so am at will to be as uncouth as anyone.

3. I've seen blowhards from all the teams that fancied themselves over the years crank it up on here and I know how it all ends. 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

8 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

1. I've been on here 10 years and viewed it for 15 so I already know the NCL monitor the forum, including the NCL President Peter Moran, who regular moronic posters managed to retire from posting a few years ago.

Read back through this thread, Dessie - I've just called out that it didn't sound/appear to me that 'NCL' was in fact someone officially of the NCL and I certainly wasn't the only one. Again I maintain if they are then I'll stand corrected but if they're going to come on a forum and and expect everyone to believe they are who they say they are, a little introduction and maybe even putting the NCL avatar image might have helped. You know as well as I do there's plenty of trolls on here, so maybe I'm a bit skeptical when an administrator randomly pops up from nowhere. 

2. My moderated forum compliant views are my own and not the views of any current NCL club so am at will to be as uncouth as anyone.

Likewise - my views are always my own and always forum compliant. When I say 'we' then yes of course i'm referencing my club but it's me that's writing so only I'm accountable. I'm just aware that my views are shared by many at the cub on several of the topics discussed. 

3. I've seen blowhards from all the teams that fancied themselves over the years crank it up on here and I know how it all ends. 

I've repeated this several times over the past couple of years - some people/teams seem to take our confidence in our ability as a slight to them, to be clear it's absolutely not. We have full respect for all teams in the NCL and anybody who has ever crossed paths with us echoes that both on and off the field but we don't apologise for believing we're currently the best team in the NCL. I'm sure the list will be long and distinguished to point out that wasn't the case if this doesn't end how we hope/expect. 

13 hours ago, usain bolt said:

Regarding the fixture that's trying to be arranged for Easter saturday for tv schedules "unfortunately if we don't get volunteers we will have to schedule a match that tv wish to cover" . That sounds pretty much that 2 teams will be forced to play on an Easter weekend, free from being a backlog date, if teams don't volunteer to play that weekend.

Interesting times ahead for amateur players, not being paid, having to do as they're told by tv scheduling. 

Trevor needs to look at how he’s wording emails. I’d assume club reps will feed that back

That said I don’t think it will come to that as I’m sure out of all the clubs some will volunteer to get on TV, it’s a massive opportunity for exposure. Especially that weekend with no SL clash

5 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wait, what - you're not? 

See what I mean about trolls - the real Spiderman doesn't even realise there's someone on here imitating him and sharing views that most likely aren't his. NCL please heed this warning. ?

For absolute clarity. I must point out I’m not the NCL ref called Peter Parker, now that would be a turn up ?

56 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Trevor needs to look at how he’s wording emails. I’d assume club reps will feed that back

That said I don’t think it will come to that as I’m sure out of all the clubs some will volunteer to get on TV, it’s a massive opportunity for exposure. Especially that weekend with no SL clash

We'll see, he clearly states a game will be put in if no one volunteers. Easter weekend is massive to families, with most probably already having booked holidays. I'd be surprised if a team volunteers as most will be understrength that weekend. 

I get teams will want to be shown on tv, but they'd want to be at their best, not forced to play with half a team available. 

Just now, usain bolt said:

We'll see, he clearly states a game will be put in if no one volunteers. Easter weekend is massive to families, with most probably already having booked holidays. I'd be surprised if a team volunteers as most will be understrength that weekend. 

I get teams will want to be shown on tv, but they'd want to be at their best, not forced to play with half a team available. 

Just have to look at how it transpires. Easter Saturday was always a normal game day for the NCL even going back to the Winter season, it’s only the past few that have been a “blank” weekend

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Just have to look at how it transpires. Easter Saturday was always a normal game day for the NCL even going back to the Winter season, it’s only the past few that have been a “blank” weekend

And because it's been blank, players/coaches have pre planned/booked holidays. There's still plenty free backlog dates available, the two bank holidays in May plus a couple of others, for the postponed games, so forcing teams to play if no one volunteers is unacceptable. It's been left free for a reason, just like the super league grand final date, millennium magic weekend and Wembley date. People have other things on, and have already planned. 

Like you say, see how it transpires, but it looks like teams will be forced to play whether they like it or not if a fixture isn't agreed by "both" teams to play.

19 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

And because it's been blank, players/coaches have pre planned/booked holidays. There's still plenty free backlog dates available, the two bank holidays in May plus a couple of others, for the postponed games, so forcing teams to play if no one volunteers is unacceptable. It's been left free for a reason, just like the super league grand final date, millennium magic weekend and Wembley date. People have other things on, and have already planned. 

Like you say, see how it transpires, but it looks like teams will be forced to play whether they like it or not if a fixture isn't agreed by "both" teams to play.

All I’d say is wait and see. Nobody was forced to play last weekend and I hope nobody is forced Easter Weekend

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

All I’d say is wait and see. Nobody was forced to play last weekend and I hope nobody is forced Easter Weekend

Nobody was forced last weekend because of the weather, health and safety and player welfare. Not because the tv want a fixture shown.

Just now, usain bolt said:

Nobody was forced last weekend because of the weather, health and safety and player welfare. Not because the tv want a fixture shown.

If it happens yes you’ve got a gripe. But it hasn’t happened yet. 

I reccomend if you feel that strongly your club rep should take it up with Trevor et al

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If it happens yes you’ve got a gripe. But it hasn’t happened yet. 

I reccomend if you feel that strongly your club rep should take it up with Trevor et al

Not for the want of trying.

Archived