Sign in to follow this  
JimbobRam

Toulouse predictions and team

Looks like we could be without both of our halfbacks for this game, Sykes is carrying a bicep injury, whilst Moore has yet failed to get the all clear from the knock he suffered against London 

Shannon Walkman is not quite match fit to I’ve heard.

Here goes what the team might look like ;

Guzdek Morton Glover Hallett Worrincy Speakman Knowles Sheriffe Ward Teanby Spicer Crowther Brown

Subs Day Walshaw Everett English

Still a pretty strong line up that.

Dews 10 Toulouse 12

Att 810

FTS Morton

It's interesting JIMBOBRAM to see that you have selected Speakman at no.6 and Knowles at no 7.  Both  have played at scrum half as partner to Sykes and I wonder whether any body would prefer to see them play the other way round?  Actually I agree with you but Knowles is a good ball distributor and can pass accurately both ways so stand off may be better for him ?  Anyway I am curious as to what NK will do. It's  a good discussion point. Does anybody know whether Day can play at scrum half because he is quick around play the ball. What if NK played Day at scrum half and Brown at stand off - would it surprise you ?

1 hour ago, myview said:

It's interesting JIMBOBRAM to see that you have selected Speakman at no.6 and Knowles at no 7.  Both  have played at scrum half as partner to Sykes and I wonder whether any body would prefer to see them play the other way round?  Actually I agree with you but Knowles is a good ball distributor and can pass accurately both ways so stand off may be better for him ?  Anyway I am curious as to what NK will do. It's  a good discussion point. Does anybody know whether Day can play at scrum half because he is quick around play the ball. What if NK played Day at scrum half and Brown at stand off - would it surprise you ?

Not really mate, think if both moore and Sykes are out, think will Neil will go with the tried and tested, with Day giving his input from the bench.

Glover has played at stand off and did OK but we would miss his defence in the centres. Maybe switch Simpson to full back, play Guzdek in the centre and Glover at stand off?

On balance I prefer Jimbob's line up but it does show how few options we have in the backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Glover has played at stand off and did OK but we would miss his defence in the centres. Maybe switch Simpson to full back, play Guzdek in the centre and Glover at stand off?

On balance I prefer Jimbob's line up but it does show how few options we have in the backs.

I’d personally leave Glover in the centre that’s his best position.

Can beat his man and has got good hands for setting his winger up for a try.

In my opinion I don’t think he’s good enough to play half back.

8 minutes ago, JimbobRam said:

I’d personally leave Glover in the centre that’s his best position.

Can beat his man and has got good hands for setting his winger up for a try.

In my opinion I don’t think he’s good enough to play half back.

Leave Glover where he is;  Knowles at 6, Speakman at 7 and Sam Day coming in to share 9 with Wardy....

Will be tough to beat the Franchies with both Sykes and Moore out but do-able...

With the Dogs down in the big smoke I might have to throw away a fiver and bring my string onion scarf and cheer on le francais! Although on your tiny pitch it will look more like a game of kick n clap! 

I'l go sheep 2 penalty goals to le francais 15 penalty goals :shout:

If both half’s are out knowles and Speakman start for me, ward and day rotate at hooker. Will be a really tough game without Sykes and Moore. Our forwards will have to be absolutely dominant for us to have any chance and the defence will have to be immaculate as I can’t see us scoring many points. Rams 12 - 8 Toulouse always the optimist 😂😂

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

With the Dogs down in the big smoke I might have to throw away a fiver and bring my string onion scarf and cheer on le francais! Although on your tiny pitch it will look more like a game of kick n clap! 

You're writing us off already ? Don't forget we all start with a level playing field - oh ! hang on. :tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Doubt it pm you will be sat on your clapped out sofa listening to your clapped out radio hearing about London putting 50 past your clapped out team.lol

Yeah London will give us a lesson, and I fancy Toulouse will also hand one out at the Tetleys...16-38.

Could the selection be:

Guzdek, Worrincy, Walshaw, Hallett, Morton; Glover, Speakman; Sheriffe, Ward, Teanby, Spicer, Knowles, Brown.

Subs: Day, Everett, English, Crowther and to make up the nineteen: Hayes and Woolard.

Our defence will really have to be at its best, but still think we'll lose. According to our former player and their coach, Sylvain Houles, in an article I have read, Toulouse have got over their awayday blues, sorting out their transport and hotel problems.

Dewsbury 12-25 Toulouse.

FTS: Glover

MoM: Spicer

Att: 762

48 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Could the selection be:

Guzdek, Worrincy, Walshaw, Hallett, Morton; Glover, Speakman; Sheriffe, Ward, Teanby, Spicer, Knowles, Brown.

Subs: Day, Everett, English, Crowther and to make up the nineteen: Hayes and Woolard.

Our defence will really have to be at its best, but still think we'll lose. According to our former player and their coach, Sylvain Houles, in an article I have read, Toulouse have got over their awayday blues, sorting out their transport and hotel problems.

Dewsbury 12-25 Toulouse.

Transport and hotels  in Featherstone must have been a one off then. :scout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

Transport and hotels  in Featherstone must have been a one off then. :scout:

They couldn't sleep because of the sound of the banjos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Could the selection be:

Dewsbury 12-25 Toulouse.

Can't argue with that selection,will we have Crowther this week as he was in Wakefield 19 man squad for Huddersfield game?

Really tough game this week, probably our hardest to date. I'd be a lot more confident if we had both Sykes and Moore playing because I think we are up against the best halfback's in the championship in Ford and Barthau/Robin,Fev fan's won't agree like.

Rams 16

Toulouse 28

FTS Glover

MOM Knowles 

Att 768

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Can't argue with that selection,will we have Crowther this week as he was in Wakefield 19 man squad for Huddersfield game?

Really tough game this week, probably our hardest to date. I'd be a lot more confident if we had both Sykes and Moore playing because I think we are up against the best halfback's in the championship in Ford and Barthau/Robin,Fev fan's won't agree like.

Rams 16

Toulouse 28

FTS Glover

MOM Knowles 

Att 768

I could argue with it Graham...I dont think we have seen the evidence to suggest that it makes sense to move Glover back to 6, but we certainly know he's great at 3.  In contrast Knowles almost looks as good as Gaz when he's at 7 and that leaves Speakman to drop in at 6 so we finally get Sam Day in the squad.  In addition, please, please we've moved on form the idea of Walshaw at 3?  Hallet and Glover have shown the benefit of two proper centres rather than second rowers operating out there...

Shame our new prop aint fit. Id go; Guzdek, Worrincy, Glover, Hallett, Morton, Speakman; Knowles, Sheriffe, Ward, Teanby, Spicer, Walshaw, Brown.

Subs; Day, Everett, English, Crowther..

Will be fascinating to se where Ned goes mind..

Still think we could do it but can't see us scoring many so the defence will have to be tip top..

I would like to see Trout included in the second row with Spicer, or certainly on the bench. He was a second row as we all know, but also gives options for prop. Could rest Crowthet, but I also like Reilly so what do you do?

g

Edited by myview
Wrong name

That's a very strong squad again with Andrew Bentley replacing suspended Pettybourne I'd guess. Now they have two veery good halfbacks to dictate play, three if you also include Barthau.

Tough 80 minutes ahead I think.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rams 16

Toulouse 28

FTS Glover

MOM Knowles 

Att 768

Im not knocking your playing area but I think that Toulouse's style of football maybe stunted with your defence. You held London close and I can see you pulling this one off despite your injuries.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Im not knocking your playing area but I think that Toulouse's style of football maybe stunted with your defence. You held London close and I can see you pulling this one off despite your injuries.

Oh no Phil. Your forecasts are legendary. I may not even go on Sunday now:aggressive:

4 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Oh no Phil. Your forecasts are legendary. I may not even go on Sunday now:aggressive:

You are OK. My reverse psychology only exists when I am tipping Fev results. I tip them to struggle then they win .Its simple try it for yourself. Just say that Dewsbury will get hammered then sit back and watch a miracle happen😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

You are OK. My reverse psychology only exists when I am tipping Fev results. I tip them to struggle then they win .Its simple try it for yourself. Just say that Dewsbury will get hammered then sit back and watch a miracle happen😂😂😂😂😂

I did and they were. Was last season mind.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 8:54 AM, NickD said:

I could argue with it Graham...I dont think we have seen the evidence to suggest that it makes sense to move Glover back to 6, but we certainly know he's great at 3.  In contrast Knowles almost looks as good as Gaz when he's at 7 and that leaves Speakman to drop in at 6 so we finally get Sam Day in the squad.  In addition, please, please we've moved on form the idea of Walshaw at 3?  Hallet and Glover have shown the benefit of two proper centres rather than second rowers operating out there...

Shame our new prop aint fit. Id go; Guzdek, Worrincy, Glover, Hallett, Morton, Speakman; Knowles, Sheriffe, Ward, Teanby, Spicer, Walshaw, Brown.

Subs; Day, Everett, English, Crowther..

Will be fascinating to se where Ned goes mind..

Still think we could do it but can't see us scoring many so the defence will have to be tip top..

Think all our team predictions might be on hold given the Wigan lad coming on loan.   Will be interesting to see who is where!!

wonder if these short term loans help motivate the current squad or affect team morale?

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Think all our team predictions might be on hold given the Wigan lad coming on loan.   Will be interesting to see who is where!!

wonder if these short term loans help motivate the current squad or affect team morale?

If the lad is any good, and we can hold on to him for the season, I don't see a problem. Like Wakeman, he fills a gap that maybe should have been filled at the outset. Short term (1-2 matches) however, are counter productive IMO.