2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Trump on the diplomats -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/16/donald-trump-felt-misled-expulsion-60-russian-diplomats-salisbury/

Trump on sanctions -

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/30/passing-on-sanctions-trump-goes-even-softer-on-russia-than-expected.html

Javelin missiles -

He sold not sent the missiles, and they are not allowed to be sent to the current war zone.  They are sat in stores.  

-----------------------------------------

I'm sure when he says he's the toughest some people do believe him, it seems you certainly do.

Russian influence is becoming clearer, that you wish to deny it is your right.  Russian influence is growing across Europe, but as long as its about 'owning the libs' he gets a free pass I suppose. 

The sanctions were imposed in April, which is after the date of the article you refer to.

But in any case I don't think Trump is trying to be tough.

Rather, he appears to me to be trying to bring rogue nations on board, by identifying common interests.

Given that the Russians have the second biggest arsenal of nuclear weapons in the world, that seems to be a sensible approach to me, and preferable to making bellicose statements.

But as I said earlier, we won't find out what the results of the summit will be for quite some time.

And of course Trump could have called Putin out in the press conference, but that would have ramped up tensions immeasurably. What would have been the point of that?

But if you prefer to be a warmonger, that, of course, is your right.

25 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And of course Trump could have called Putin out in the press conference, but that would have ramped up tensions immeasurably. What would have been the point of that?

But if you prefer to be a warmonger, that, of course, is your right.

Because of course that is the only other option to what Trump did.  

How did anyone ever have a contentious summit before now?  

But you know, doing a Neville Chamberlain could work? 

57 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Because of course that is the only other option to what Trump did.  

How did anyone ever have a contentious summit before now?  

But you know, doing a Neville Chamberlain could work? 

So if you're equating Trump with Chamberlain, are you equating Putin with Hitler?

Presumably you favour blood, toil, sweat and tears.

Do you think we should attack Russia?

1 minute ago, Martyn Sadler said:

So if you're equating Trump with Chamberlain, are you equating Putin with Hitler?

Presumably you favour blood, toil, sweat and tears.

Do you think we should attack Russia?

No.

Nor do I think letting the Russians join in an investigation where they are the prime suspect is a particularly great idea too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I'm surprised you didn't add Rugby League into the mix, given the turmoil the game's in and the fact that all signs of turmoil anywhere in the world are apparently traced back to the Kremlin.

We do wonder about League Publications Ltd... :P

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

But how can of misspoke?  It was scripted?

Perhaps he can't read?

4 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Perhaps he can't read?

But he’s a stable genius?

(his words... no really... )

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Bannon hasn’t articulated where the funding is coming from... 

Probably the same groups that are funding Yaxley-Lennon.

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Is the Austrian government right wing by any chance?

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Is the Austrian government right wing by any chance?

In a strange co-incidence, yes!  

(Centre right/right right coalition)

11 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

In a strange co-incidence, yes!  

(Centre right/right right coalition)

Really?! I wonder if Russian money is funding a few of those parties too...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/aug/23/russian-trolls-spread-vaccine-misinformation-on-twitter?CMP=edit_2221

Bots and Russian trolls spread misinformation about vaccines on Twitter to sow division and distribute malicious content before and during the American presidential election, according to a new study.

Scientists at George Washington University, in Washington DC, made the discovery while trying to improve social media communications for public health workers, researchers said. Instead, they found trolls and bots skewing online debate and upending consensus about vaccine safety.

The study discovered several accounts, now known to belong to the same Russian trolls who interfered in the US election, as well as marketing and malware bots, tweeting about vaccines. 

8 hours ago, Saintslass said:

While it seems Iran has been doing the same kind of thing on Facebook in support of Corbyn.

Sorry, is that the same Iran that was found to be behind the pretty obvious fake accounts linking him to anti-semitism?

7 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Sorry, is that the same Iran that was found to be behind the pretty obvious fake accounts linking him to anti-semitism?

I've not seen or heard anything about that but I have seen reports about Iranian fake accounts providing support to Corbyn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I wouldn't expect that too much gets done about this. London runs on Russian money and lots of " emigres " are very influential friends of the Tory Party.

For further information read " Private Eye ".

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn't expect that too much gets done about this. London runs on Russian money and lots of " emigres " are very influential friends of the Tory Party.

For further information read " Private Eye ".

I absolutely agree. It’s a token gesture as the Russians are not going to release their own to us... has to be done though if these are suspects. 

Related to the death of the UK citizen, a mate’s fiancé was the doctor who initially treated the poor lady who died; she became unwell herself and is pregnant so causes major alarm bells in that household. Thankfully she’s fine with no harm to the baby.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 1

We have to go through due process quite rightly , but look at the Litvinenko murder . They shield and protect their own , as of course their complicity demands anyway . This kind of thing repeating really is beyond the pale , but they bank on no one being able to do anything ultimately