I'm amazed by how many people on Twitter still doubt that the Russians did this.  When even the OPCW confirms that the substance which killed one of the two residents is the same as that which almost killed the Skripals, when photographic evidence is produced and a timeline constructed by our police and security services, in spite of it all there are still some people pushing the bowlacks that the Russians didn't do it.  Good grief.  I despair.

14 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I'm amazed by how many people on Twitter still doubt that the Russians did this.  When even the OPCW confirms that the substance which killed one of the two residents is the same as that which almost killed the Skripals, when photographic evidence is produced and a timeline constructed by our police and security services, in spite of it all there are still some people pushing the bowlacks that the Russians didn't do it.  Good grief.  I despair.

I wouldn’t worry about it ... that’s twitter for you . They are bang to rights , again 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I wouldn’t worry about it ... that’s twitter for you . They are bang to rights , again 

I don’t think it’s just Twitter; I think it shows how good and success the Russian Information campaign has been on the West. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saintslass said:

I am speculating, but I think there is a decent amount of men who are know where near as clever as they think they are and also believe that were it not for society being liberal and wussy, that they would be the men of vision who would rule this country.  And they would be more able to get girlfriends.

To them, the Russian message that the sheep are gullible is a beguiling one.  Ironincally, it makes them gullible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Tourists...! 😂

There are large elements of our population who will believe that.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Tourists...! 😂

I can just imagine them and their mates in the pub on the vodka all talking about the must see Salisbury and how they’ve just soooo got to go . Lovely gift shop . And they went in total coincidence when the poisonings happened . Seems entirely plausible to me 🤔

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can just imagine them and their mates in the pub on the vodka all talking about the must see Salisbury and how they’ve just soooo got to go . Lovely gift shop . And they went in total coincidence when the poisonings happened . Seems entirely plausible to me 🤔

An couldn't make it to the cathedral due to the snow... russians couldn't cope with the snow in salisbury...

• Haha 3

Just now, DavidM said:

Is this really the best script the people behind them could think up ?

But thats the thing, they know its ludicrous, and it doesn't matter.  Its the beauty of how the disinformation game works.  It doesn't even matter if we know they did it.  Just keep throwing different ideas out there.  

3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

But thats the thing, they know its ludicrous, and it doesn't matter.  Its the beauty of how the disinformation game works.  It doesn't even matter if we know they did it.  Just keep throwing different ideas out there.  

It’s the same ‘ so what you gonna do about it then ‘ line . Answer , nothing 

Where's Walter?

Or should I say, "Where's Wally?"?

It doesn't even matter that this ruins the 'they are not russian', the 'cctv was made up' arguments and makes those saying it look stupid.  thats the beauty of the russian method, it all works!

6 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It doesn't even matter that this ruins the 'they are not russian', the 'cctv was made up' arguments and makes those saying it look stupid.  thats the beauty of the russian method, it all works!

I think the idiots you write of did not realize that for a warning killing to be effective, it has to be clear who did it.

They probably think terrrorists claim responsibility in a pang of remorse.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Is this really the best script the people behind them could think up ?

Russia seem to be running with a “so what, what are you going to do about it attitude”. They’ve been doing it for a good few years too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s the same ‘ so what you gonna do about it then ‘ line . Answer , nothing 

Sorry you beat me to it. Almost word for word too. 

11 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Russia seem to be running with a “so what, what are you going to do about it attitude”. They’ve been doing it for a good few years too. 

The sanctions have hit them pretty hard, though there are plenty more we could target.  One of the reasons they are so interested in western elections is to try and break the uniformity.  We can see that with some countries wavering or beginning to question the EU sanctions for example.  

14 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Sorry you beat me to it. Almost word for word too. 

Unfortunately it seems to be working . So many gangster criminal acts , murder , repression , subversion and bullying .  

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Funny how their knowledge of Salisbury matches Wikipedia perfectly 

Funny too how they just happened to be so easy to find, just when they were needed as well to tell a ludicrous story about why they had been caught in Salisbury.

8 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Funny too how they just happened to be so easy to find, just when they were needed as well to tell a ludicrous story about why they had been caught in Salisbury.

For it to work as intimidation, it has to be clear who was responsible. They are doing that well. 

10 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The sanctions have hit them pretty hard, though there are plenty more we could target.  One of the reasons they are so interested in western elections is to try and break the uniformity.  We can see that with some countries wavering or beginning to question the EU sanctions for example.  

I was quite surprised, looking into it, to see how staggeringly poor the vast majority of Russians are - and how badly, really, the economy there is doing. Military might and global subversion, yes; actually giving 90% of the population a decent life, not so much. 

52 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

For it to work as intimidation, it has to be clear who was responsible. They are doing that well. 

Actually, I think they've botched this one.  If the actions of the two hadn't been so serious and so vile, the interview would have been hilarious.  

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I was quite surprised, looking into it, to see how staggeringly poor the vast majority of Russians are - and how badly, really, the economy there is doing. Military might and global subversion, yes; actually giving 90% of the population a decent life, not so much. 

They have recently made changes to pensions, which caused street protests, notable in a place where protest is so dangerous.