So it looks like it was a nerve agent used on Sergei Scribal in Salisbury leaving him, his daughter and a policeman in critical condition.  

A number of Russians and people linked to them have dropped down dead in the last few years.  

Is our need for Russian gas and money so great that we carry on ignoring it?

Russia is aiming to disrupt Europe and the US because of the various sanctions imposed, by interfering in votes, brexit, funding political parties, etc.  

I'm sure the apologists will ignore all the dissenters who had heart attacks, MH17, Ukraine etc, and blame the hawkish west.  

25 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

So it looks like it was a nerve agent used on Sergei Scribal in Salisbury leaving him, his daughter and a policeman in critical condition.  

A number of Russians and people linked to them have dropped down dead in the last few years.  

Is our need for Russian gas and money so great that we carry on ignoring it?

Russia is aiming to disrupt Europe and the US because of the various sanctions imposed, by interfering in votes, brexit, funding political parties, etc.  

I'm sure the apologists will ignore all the dissenters who had heart attacks, MH17, Ukraine etc, and blame the hawkish west.  

They are our enemy...they have weapons trained on all of us at this very moment...we have been lazy and allowed them to get an edge on us....they have infiltrated the White House......dark days ahead.

Beware the 5th Column....time to fight back!

19 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

They are our enemy...they have weapons trained on all of us at this very moment...we have been lazy and allowed them to get an edge on us....they have infiltrated the White House......dark days ahead.

Beware the 5th Column....time to fight back!

The Russians are coming K-man. Don’t forget to look under your bed before you go to sleep.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

The Russians are coming K-man. Don’t forget to look under your bed before you go to sleep.

Walter, you are a funny fella with a good sense of humour but you just don't get it on this one....you've missed the boat....not reading this one right.

They are not coming, they are here, they never left!  They are currently watching and acting against us (the West).

Don't need to look under my bed, they would never make it into my home without serious injury...they would suffer serious injury just by entering the front door without authorization. 

Can't trust 'em at all....bunch of criminals.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Walter, you are a funny fella with a good sense of humour but you just don't get it on this one....you've missed the boat....not reading this one right.

They are not coming, they are here, they never left!  They are currently watching and acting against us (the West).

Don't need to look under my bed, they would never make it into my home without serious injury...they would suffer serious injury just by entering the front door without authorization. 

Can't trust 'em at all....bunch of criminals.

Are you Rachel maddow in disguise?? Or maybe you’ve got some shares in Lockheed Martin in which a Cold War 2.0 would be financially beneficial to you??

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

How 1980s

I see that they tricked you into becoming complacent too....you honestly don't think they are no longer a serious threat...  My God, they have nukes programmed on your major cities, power plants and military installations as we speak....you know that right?

They have bombs pointed at you and are currently running a clandestine high tech operation against you in cyberspace....they have spies who are killing/poisoning UK residents in real time.....you understand that right?

The threat is a real one.

Just now, Kayakman said:

I see that they tricked you into becoming complacent too....you honestly don't think they are no longer a serious threat...  My God, they have nukes programmed on your major cities, power plants and military installations as we speak....you know that right?

They have bombs pointed at you and are currently running a clandestine high tech operation against you in cyberspace....they have spies who are killing/poisoning UK residents in real time.....you understand that right?

The threat is a real one.

Doesn’t the US have their nukes aimed at major Russian cities, power plants and military installations as we speak K-man??

Just now, walter sobchak said:

Are you Rachel maddow in disguise?? Or maybe you’ve got some shares in Lockheed Martin in which a Cold War 2.0 would be financially beneficial to you??

Neither...just a realist who sees what they are doing, especially the constant incursions in our high Arctic.   I don't trust Putin and the organized criminals he protects....they are ####.  They are the enemy of the West now more than ever since they have compromised Trump.

2 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Doesn’t the US have their nukes aimed at major Russian cities, power plants and military installations as we speak K-man??

Yes, of course they do.  UK also has Russians targeted I would assume. 

Edited by Kayakman

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Yes, of course they do.  UK also has Russians targeted I would assume. 

But that’s ok though. Right?

27 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

How 1980s

It is, except we seem to be behind the 8 ball and caught unawares.

'We' have concentrated on a different kind of warfare, thus allowing certain kit needed to be rendered obsolete.  Our allies have done the same, or cut back because they weren't needed at that time.  

Most of the extreme (political) groups in europe seem to have russian links, which means the EU is left looking the other way or can't handle so many things at once.

There is lots going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It goes beyond that; it’s ideological for Putin’s Russia sees itself as a counterweight to the West; written in their national security strategy. The naivety of some in the West (including many of our politicians and rich folk) is flabbergasting.

• Like 1

There is a tendency to see Russia as the baddie.  I do not agree with that.  But Russia is next to a huge power block that are reasonably unified and unfriendly.  If we were in such a position, we would try to sow discord, so I find it reasonable to assume that they would too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Its not an argument of semantics, if you are under attack you must defend...this is a serious matter.

There's almost an inevitability about this. They'll launch - we'll launch/ we'll launch they'll launch.

All it will take s one rogue state to get giddy and BOOM.

Carnage, Armageddon.....the end of the world.

Those of us that don't get fried or turned into hair spray and survive into the irradiated poison that is this post apocalyptic world will see famine and pestilence of biblical proportions.

Think I'll make pancakes!

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its not an argument of semantics, if you are under attack you must defend...this is a serious matter.

US nukes have been trained on Russian targets for over 50 years as have Russian nukes on US targets. Surely the best thing to do is for both sides to dial it back or maybe you think you’ll be ok up in Canada if this all turns into a thermonuclear war??

7 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

It goes beyond that; it’s ideological for Putin’s Russia sees itself as a counterweight to the West; written in their national security strategy. The naivety of some in the West (including many of our politicians and rich folk) is flabbergasting.

Thank the lord as god on,y knows where we’d be today if it wasn’t for Russia’s assistance in Syria or have we already forgotten about the catastrophic western interventions in Iraq and Libya.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Russia is pretty much the only nation state that is actively attacking UK infrastructure on a regular basis and murdering UK citizens, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

US nukes have been trained on Russian targets for over 50 years as have Russian nukes on US targets. Surely the best thing to do is for both sides to dial it back or maybe you think you’ll be ok up in Canada if this all turns into a thermonuclear war??

The Russians are cranking it up, not toning it down...its takes two to play.   Time to slap them Russians down.

You've got to divest yourself of your geographic views of the world....they are incorrect...there was a poster yesterday who thought they were making a joke when he said something about Canada would never have a rain forest....it has the largest temperate rain forest in the world in BC.

You've watched/viewed to many world wall maps, and they have skewed your views   Clearly, the quickest missile distance is over the North Pole.   Canada is like the meat in a sandwich...geographically they are both our direct neighbours...the earth is actually circular, consult a globe my friend and Canada is not in isolation 'up there' we are , in truth, right in the middle of this.  Of all 3rd party countries that have risk, we have,by far, the highest and most to lose.

We live right beside the Russians...you can't trust 'em for a second.

• Like 1

Anglo-Russian pact post-Brexit.

Best option. You know it makes sense...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Thank the lord as god on,y knows where we’d be today if it wasn’t for Russia’s assistance in Syria or have we already forgotten about the catastrophic western interventions in Iraq and Libya.

Russian actions in Syria have everything to do with self-preservation and nothing to do with humanitarian goodwill from Putin and his cronies; it’s to protect their economic interests. A Western friendly regime in Syria would open up new energy routes from the Middle East to Europe reducing the need on Russian energy sources. That’s at the heart of their national security strategy.

The Russians are also actively attempting to undermine Western peace and security within Europe and the US through the financing of fringe political parties and interference in elections. The same has happened in the Ukraine when elements of that society dared to move out of the Putin sphere of influence. 

It’s an autocratic State; a right-wing ideological autocracy heavily linked to the Russian mafia. They see the West as it’s enemy and are actively attempting to disrupt and destroy our way of life in whatever form they can.

• Like 1

"We're gonna round them up,put them in a field and bomb the b@#$/^&s"

As a nation we've become reliant on Russian gas and it's finances (it'rumoured that around £90 billion per year is laundered in the uk) to actually do anything meaningful.

Expect British Embassy staff to come home from Moscow.

That's about it.

Edited by terrywebbisgod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

"We're gonna round them up,put them in a field and bomb the b@#$/^&s"

Image result for kenny everett general

• Like 1
  • Haha 2