jroyales

York City Knights

Listening to Oldham Community Radio's report on the Yeds, it appears we are in for a great game against York.

They were narrowly beaten by the Bulls, some say cheated, and they have strengthened their side since then.

I don't feel we will nil them!

No, I can't see that either. they look a good side and have recruited well (as have we) 

No reason for pessimism though either, we've made a great start and have a good side. I think it'll be a very close game with a 6-10 pts victory to the yeds. 

A blow Adam Jones being out though as I felt he's played really well so far, not sure if Briscoe is fit again but presumably if he is then he can step in Jones spot. 

Johnson, Holmes, Reid, Rasool, West, Crook, Hewitt, Neal, Hughes, Joy, Langtree, Bridge, Bent

Mccomb, Eccleston, Briscoe, Nelmes

No Wilko mate?

Should be a good match this, York will be a tough proposition but our defence has looked solid. Concentrate on our completions and doing the basics right and we won't be far off. Looking forward to this one.

Johnson,Holmes,McComb,Reid,Eccleston,Crook,Hewitt,Joy,Wilko,Neal, Langtree,Bridge,Spencer(if fit)/Bent.

Hughes,Nelmes,Briscoe,Bent/Rasool

Possibly DR to come in also. Tbh I don't think we need them at the moment,but the boss will make the right choices I'm sure.

Love this predict a team stuff haha.

Edited by roughyed34

8 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

No Wilko mate?

Should be a good match this, York will be a tough proposition but our defence has looked solid. Concentrate on our completions and doing the basics right and we won't be far off. Looking forward to this one.

Johnson,Holmes,McComb,Reid,Eccleston,Crook,Hewitt,Joy,Wilko,Neal, Langtree,Bridge,Spencer(if fit)/Bent.

Hughes,Nelmes,Briscoe,Bent/Rasool

Possibly DR to come in also. Tbh I don't think we need them at the moment,but the boss will make the right choices I'm sure.

Love this predict a team stuff haha.

I must have forgotten him :)  oops he'd come off the bench for me in place of Eccleston. 

My forward pack is bang on though .... 

• Like 1

Johnson, Eccleston, Holmes, Reid, West , Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Wilkinson, Neal, Bridge, Langtree, Bent. Subs: Hughes, Nelmes, Briscoe, Spencer.

West has to play. Been outstanding in both games he's played. Lannon would be a decent addition if Spencer or Briscoe aren't fit

• Like 2

I am new to this forum but here is my predicted team:

Johnson, Eccleston, Holmes, Reid, West, Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Hughes, Neal, Langtree, Bridge, Bent

Nelmes, Spencer, Rasool, Wilkinson

Starting to get strength in depth as McComb would be unlucky to miss out and I think that we will have at least one of Salford's lads on D/R resulting in another one of our lads missing out.

Will be a fast game on Sunday, looking forward to it.

• Like 5

Looking forward to Sunday, should be a cracking game. Let's hope we get a decent turnout for the lads.Come on Oldham, loud and proud. Hope my throat's better for Sunday as I sound like Chris Rea at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Almost forgot my self-imposed mission of putting up a post for each game and tagging it with the relevant round.  Anyway, here it is.

Looks like the weather is going to be much more pleasant than in recent weeks although we had another little snow situation where I live yesterday.  All gone now though.

I've been reading all about our opponents in the York Press and the rugby league coverage there is quite good, written by Peter Martini.  Hopefully, if he's coming along to the game, he'll leave a bit more shaken than he'd prefer.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityknights/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can you park at the vestacare stadium.

There is some limited parking but it's reduced since last time we played at the ground.  There is plenty of on-street parking in the vicinity though.

• Thanks 1

As tomorrow approaches, I'm getting seriously giddy about the game.  It's seems like ages since the cup win over Featherstone Lions and everyone from players, coaching staff and fans must be busting for us to get back out there and perform on our home ground.

I may not sleep tonight which is clearly ridiculous but when I'm passionate about something, there's no holding me back.

Come on Oldham!

• Like 3

Really looking forward to this one - it should be a cracker. Hoping to see a decent crowd, providing a good atmosphere on what should be a decent day too. 

Come on Oldham!  

Here's to hoping for a good afternoon of rugby league and more importantly a win would do nicely. York seem to have recruited well so I'm anticipating a close game. I do hope we can give the team a lift,a decent turnout would be great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

Yes plenty of on street parking, just block peoples drive ways why don't you.

Too right,  me blocking em in and us coming away with 2 points will surely please em.😀😀😀

Up the travelling kneets.😀😀😀.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

Yes plenty of on street parking, just block peoples drive ways why don't you.

Because on street parking has to mean parking in front of a driveway doesn't it?

• Like 1

Good luck today boys, I won't be there as plans for mother's day change yesterday 

Up To yesterday I was there 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, clifford said:

Good luck today boys, I won't be there as plans for mother's day change yesterday 

Up To yesterday I was there 

I'll give em a cheer for you mate.I'm no longer sounding like Chris Rea so I'm up for it.

• Like 1

From Dave's twitter feed sounded like a great game with two well matched teams, game was down to a missed conversation and a draw from what I read was a fair result. 

Well done Oldham and well played York and good luck with the season 

• Like 3