Sign in to follow this  
Hopping Mad

Blackbrook ARLFC

17 hours ago, ipods4ever said:

Junior players travel from all over to play for blackbrook because of the saints links

So any players not making it have no real alliance with the club and go back playing with mates at there real club 

Or don’t in the majority of cases, sorry ALL clubs should be aligned to the pro clubs not just singling out 1-2 in an area, this only creates a super club until all players are gobbled up by the pro clubs usually at 16-18 year old this is when these teams tend to fold.

You look back in history where players originally started at 6-11 then at 11-12 upwards they move to the super club. I have seen and heard the super clubs promote these players that were usually poached with the promise of bigger things 

Edited by Defender1

18 hours ago, ipods4ever said:

Junior players travel from all over to play for blackbrook because of the saints links

So any players not making it have no real alliance with the club and go back playing with mates at there real club 

Have you read this Dave Hunt? Don't Saints have links with Thatto Heath, Pilkingtons & Clock Face then? Isn't there a rule in place that players under the age of 18 have to play in the district where they live unless there is no club operating their age group? Such a rule was brought in to prevent clubs building "super teams", but maybe it has been relaxed now. There are ways round it anyway. I remember a 13 year old at my club in Salford moving to Wigan St. Patricks. He had a relative living in Wigan and his Mam managed to convince the powers that be that he had moved there. He plays professionally now.

19 hours ago, ipods4ever said:

So any players not making it have no real allegiance with the club and go back playing with mates at there real club 

That's one of the massive problems, no allegiance to the club. The junior players travel from everywhere in the north west to play junior and youth rugby at blackbrook, and plenty then join scholarships and academies via blackbrook. A big problem then happens when players who don't make it in the professional game, don't go back to their community club. In this case especially, blackbrook. It's happening at A lot of clubs, players fall off the cliff at the pro club, usually having been promised the world, and then don't head back to where it all began. 

Some clubs are lucky and get players back, usually through hard work and a lot of persuasion. Other clubs don't try as hard to get the players back, and on the other hand, as stated above players aren't bothered anymore, feeling used and disillusioned, and also have no allegiances to certain clubs either leaving said clubs, blackbrook in this case, with no production line coming through to open age, therefore leaving them high and dry with no numbers.

Firstly on behalf of Blackbrook thanks for the messages of support. I don't usually get involved with this kind of thing but I would like to just put a couple of facts over. We decided to resign from The NCL on Friday Afternoon and made them aware of the situation and I phoned Beverley straight away to let them know also. On hindsight perhaps we should have resigned at the end of last Season however we wanted to stay but unfortunately it's not worked out. We have a great squad of 13/14 lads who will turn out every week and several more who have been finding difficult to travel due to work or family commitments. I sure all clubs have similar issues but our squad has been too small to handle it. Blackbrook and Blackbrook Royals are one club the Open Age have 'Royals' on the shirts and the Under 18's and First Team regularly train together. I will be honest I'm involved with Open Age so I leave Youth Rugby to others (can't do everything) so I'm not savvy with the rules etc. The Royals usually loose a lot of players at 16's to Pro Scholarships which has a knock on effect to our 18's and Open Age. Yes I'm sure other clubs have the same problem but we seem to really suffer however it's what we are there for It would be fantastic if they all make the grade it's what we want for the Lads. Mr Smeaton we had 17 at St Annes one of our players felt too ill when we got there so we left him out. Anyway sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards Open Age Rugby is alive and kicking at Blackbrook. We have had positive talks with The NWML and hopefully we will soon be playing again . Good Luck to all your Clubs and hopefully we will see you all again one day.                   

Edited by Brookbornandbred
  • Like 9

Thanks for telling us the facts Brookbornandbred.You have a excellent facilities and I hope to watch you again in the future.Best of luck in the NWML.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brookbornandbred said:

Anyway sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards Open Age Rugby is alive and kicking at Blackbrook. We have had positive talks with The NWML and we will soon be playing again.

Good to hear. Be helpful if some of this background/information made its way into an official announcement, on the NCL website, about Blackbrook's resignation from the competition. Keeps followers of the NCL in the picture!

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Have you read this Dave Hunt? Don't Saints have links with Thatto Heath, Pilkingtons & Clock Face then? Isn't there a rule in place that players under the age of 18 have to play in the district where they live unless there is no club operating their age group? Such a rule was brought in to prevent clubs building "super teams", but maybe it has been relaxed now. There are ways round it anyway. I remember a 13 year old at my club in Salford moving to Wigan St. Patricks. He had a relative living in Wigan and his Mam managed to convince the powers that be that he had moved there. He plays professionally now.

The catchment area of the above is all the same. You can add another 6 clubs to that.

The main split is where you go to school...

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Brookbornandbred said:

Firstly on behalf of Blackbrook thanks for the messages of support. I don't usually get involved with this kind of thing but I would like to just put a couple of facts over. We decided to resign from The NCL on Friday Afternoon and made them aware of the situation and I phoned Beverley straight away to let them know also. On hindsight perhaps we should have resigned at the end of last Season however we wanted to stay but unfortunately it's not worked out. We have a great squad of 13/14 lads who will turn out every week and several more who have been finding difficult to travel due to work or family commitments. I sure all clubs have similar issues but our squad has been too small to handle it. Blackbrook and Blackbrook Royals are one club the Open Age have 'Royals' on the shirts and the Under 18's and First Team regularly train together. I will be honest I'm involved with Open Age so I leave Youth Rugby to others (can't do everything) so I'm not savvy with the rules etc. The Royals usually loose a lot of players at 16's to Pro Scholarships which has a knock on effect to our 18's and Open Age. Yes I'm sure other clubs have the same problem but we seem to really suffer however it's what we are there for It would be fantastic if they all make the grade it's what we want for the Lads. Mr Smeaton we had 17 at St Annes one of our players felt too ill when we got there so we left him out. Anyway sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards Open Age Rugby is alive and kicking at Blackbrook. We have had positive talks with The NWML and hopefully we will soon be playing again . Good Luck to all your Clubs and hopefully we will see you all again one day.                   

Seems this happened to St Cuthberts couldn't hack in ncl enter 3rd div nwml win that 1st season glory days back.Or am I being cynical.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Joe Muggins said:

Seems this happened to St Cuthberts couldn't hack in ncl enter 3rd div nwml win that 1st season glory days back.Or am I being cynical.

You're being cynical.