Absolutely appalling.

ROVERS FOREVER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well normally I feel a bit bouncy after a Fev win. But yesterday's debacle left me nowt but frustrated.
Since Jamie Leahy moved over to the dark side I've left off referees for a whole host of reasons. They get so much stick for very little reward.
But.... and you knew there'd be a "but".....
Yesterday's lad showed his inexperience. At times he looked way out of his depth in managing increasingly frustrated players. His inexperience and ineptitude increased the tension rather than managed it. At times he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
He'll learn. He'll get better. 
And, as importantly, Fev players have to learn how to respond when a team rocks up with a plan to spoil and niggle to keep the score down. Fev got sucked in and lost misi. They too need to look at their responsibilities

Said it on Facebook and I'll say it on here, given Paul Rowley's history, Toronto will turn up and niggle, wind up and disrupt, but with the quality they have compared to Swinton, if we get sucked in like we did yesterday Toronto will run up a cricket score. Got to be smarter.

What about revenue if we draw one of the big boys?

40 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I'd field the weakest team we can muster.

Rest all the key players like Ridyard and Holmes.

Challenge cup is a waste of time for us.  All our focus should be on the league.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I'd field the weakest team we can muster.

Rest all the key players like Ridyard and Holmes.

Challenge cup is a waste of time for us.  All our focus should be on the league.

Completely agree. Sad to say it, but thanks to the current structure and the pressure it places on Championship clubs (particularly part-timers) that aim to compete in the 8s, the cup is just too much of a luxury/distraction.

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Maskill?

yep, I said this last night that I'd play Maskill next week.

If fit I'd play Thacks and Wildie in the halfs with Maskill and Carlile rotating at hooker (or even Davis)

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

3 hours ago, haskey said:

Agreed, but a plum draw at say Wigan or Saints will bring in much needed coppers

The likes of Wigan and Saints away won't be plum draws because their fans don't turn out to watch the likes of Fev. A plum draw in my opinion would be a home draw against Cas and Leeds. They tend to give the locals more of an appetite. Having said all this I would still take a good side to Crusaders with the exception of players with niggles I.e Ridyard. I don't think you can cotton wool players. What will be will be. But as always I do respect yours and every body else's view.

Given we're unlikely to have any DR next week, how many players will we actually be able to rest next week, given injuries and bans. Not many I suspect.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I've looked at the replay of Misi's sending off a few times and it's a joke.  Fairclough is already having a proper tantrum and has just punched the ground after making a right mess of a certain try.  As he's walking back into position he pushes Misi in the chest and after Misi literally taps him on the side of the head, Fairclough totally loses it.  Disciplinary panel probably already made their decision though.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Misi's "offence" was no worse than the similar very slight slap, followed by pushing/shoving, that got Ian Hardman sin binned at the Summer Bash last year, and Hardman got sin bin sufficent at the disciplinary.

And didn't Hepi get sin-bin sufficient after his slap on Cooper in the Toulouse game? 

Speaking of the disciplinary, anyone know what happened to the 'on reports' from the Halifax and Toulouse games? There's been nothing on the RFL website's disciplinary summary pages that I've seen.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And didn't Hepi get sin-bin sufficient after his slap on Cooper in the Toulouse game? 

Speaking of the disciplinary, anyone know what happened to the 'on reports' from the Halifax and Toulouse games? There's been nothing on the RFL website's disciplinary summary pages that I've seen.

Found the Halifax one I think - Fleming banned for 1 game for dangerous contact on Robinson

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

My assumption is that it means they took a look and decided there was nothing that warranted a charge for an individual player.

Archived