Sign in to follow this  
Robin Evans

Animal rights activists

There are questions to be asked regarding breeds with health problems.

• Like 2

The breeding and what is deemed as aesthetically pleasing is quite horrible.

Breeding issues into a population when they should be doing the opposite if anything.

• Like 1

I acknowledge that some breeds have inherent issues but the Kennel Club is the wrong target. They may set the standards but the cruelty and over breeding is by those who don't register.

found crufts quite disturbing viewing this year, deranged middle aged women and gay men half strangling over groomed hounds on tight cheesewire leads is not my idea of entertainment- dog breeding as a whole needs looking at and regulating much better for mine

In truth all ' pedigree ' breeding is unnatural , when it is suggested in humans all hell breaks out 

However like lots of things it's when taken to extremes is when there is a genuine issue 

To me you can't beat a bit of mongrel 

My doggy doesn'tbelong at crufts. He is a Heinz 57.

But for the life of me protesting about animal  rights whilst frightening the life out of animals is just plain stupid

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ackroman said:

I acknowledge that some breeds have inherent issues but the Kennel Club is the wrong target. They may set the standards but the cruelty and over breeding is by those who don't register.

Partly right but the standards set by the kennel club are harmful to dogs, look at the standard for an English bull terrier in the 19th century and compare it to the current standard 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Partly right but the standards set by the kennel club are harmful to dogs, look at the standard for an English bull terrier in the 19th century and compare it to the current standard 

I agree some standards are harmful to some dogs and need to be addressed. The vast majority are happy and fit.

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

found crufts quite disturbing viewing this year, deranged middle aged women and gay men half strangling over groomed hounds on tight cheesewire leads is not my idea of entertainment- dog breeding as a whole needs looking at and regulating much better for mine

Not quite as disturbing as the cartoon-faced buffoons we normally see on TV called celebrities

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

In truth all ' pedigree ' breeding is unnatural , when it is suggested in humans all hell breaks out 

However like lots of things it's when taken to extremes is when there is a genuine issue 

To me you can't beat a bit of mongrel 

Happy to show you my working border collie anytime you like. Not something either of my retrievers were capable of and vice versa.

8 hours ago, Ackroman said:

Happy to show you my working border collie anytime you like. Not something either of my retrievers were capable of and vice versa.

No issues with working dogs Ackroman , as I said its when its taken to extremes , most often asthetically when it is wrong 

8 hours ago, Ackroman said:

Border Collies are totally ace in every single way. I've never owned a dog, but there'd only be one choice if I ever found myself living somewhere more pet-friendly.

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Border Collies are totally ace in every single way. I've never owned a dog, but there'd only be one choice if I ever found myself living somewhere more pet-friendly.

that's if your happy for it to bite your toddlers face off- have u ever had a dog?

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

that's if your happy for it to bite your toddlers face off- have u ever had a dog?

Never had a toddler, so no problem there.

As for asking "have u (sic) ever had a dog?", you could have just read my post. It isn't very long, after all.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Listen I have nothing against Border Collies...had one as a boy on the farm (beautiful dog but you wouldn't believe me if I told you her name so I won't)...but this breed has a neurotic streak and is a bit crazy...mind goes a million miles an hour...needs to be kept highly active both mentally and physically.  I have a Borador and that seems to take most of the neurotic bit away (but it is still there).

Dog needs to go out and is at door....HOLD ON.....

I'M COMING!!!!

Drives a guy nuts sometimes.

Programme on bbc 1 now about health problems caused by inbreeding in bulldogs