17 Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Widnes Vikings KO 6.30pm

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/18 at 18:30

Shame for the fans that have turned up.

Why not have a snowball fight or snowman building competition for the two SL points.

Game now confirmed definitely off.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Looks like not going was one of my better decisions.

Coincidently the only game that I can remember attending that got abandoned was also at Wakefield, that time due to fog.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Why not have a snowball fight or snowman building competition for the two SL points.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

why not look at  an accurate weather forecast and run the game in a simple professional manner - embarrassing for our game yet again

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

BBC reckon Wakey are winning 2 - 0. Goal by Finn!

He was obviously used to conditions like that.

• Like 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

why not look at  an accurate weather forecast and run the game in a simple professional manner - embarrassing for our game yet again

It really isn't embarrassing - just bad luck that all the snow has come down in one hit. The pitch must have been playable at kick-off so there was no reason to call it off.

The thing about an 'accurate weather forecast' is that you only know it is accurate when the weather happens.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Farcical that the game went ahead.I can understand the game was abandoned for "player safety" but what about the spectators who now have to attempt to get home,especially the Widnes supporters.

• Like 1

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It really isn't embarrassing - just bad luck that all the snow has come down in one hit. The pitch must have been playable at kick-off so there was no reason to call it off.

The thing about an 'accurate weather forecast' is that you only know it is accurate when the weather happens.

Correct.  If the game was called off yesterday and the forecast was wrong, we would be lining up to criticise.

forecasts are so accurate these days - anyone  who was in the region this aft would have known  this- game should have been scrapped in good time, shambolic how our game runs sometimes

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

12 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Pitch look marginally playable at kick off. The weather just turned about 30 mins into the match.

20180317_182551.jpg

did it get darker? then colder? ddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

14 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

did it get darker? then colder? ddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

Had it not snowed that much, you'd be complaining it should have gone ahead.

These things happen. It's great they tried to get it going. Just unlucky.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Had it not snowed that much, you'd be complaining it should have gone ahead.

These things happen. It's great they tried to get it going. Just unlucky.

luck has nothing to do with it- anyone with half a brain at 3pm in west Yorkshire could have called this better

Some people just can't wait for something to moan about, FFS $h!t happems live with you soft twohats

• Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

never a mind- ANOTHER SHOWING UP - from a a supposed professional sport and we wonder why ru peas all over us

26 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

, shambolic how our game runs sometimes

Sometimes?  Are you mellowing? ??

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

never a mind- ANOTHER SHOWING UP - from a a supposed professional sport and we wonder why ru peas all over us

Nobody in the world other than a few folk in the North is aware of it, get a grip.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

54 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Looks like not going was one of my better decisions.

Coincidently the only game that I can remember attending that got abandoned was also at Wakefield, that time due to fog.

That was early 90s. It was my first ever Wakefield game I attended aged about 8. Oh the good old days. ?

donkey brain attitudes will keep us where we are- u guys astound me sometimes