16 Mar: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/18 at 19:45

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played, a much depleted Leeds.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Under pressure some things can be addressed. Hurts as a Cas fan, but Leeds just get the job done.

Lomax isn’t good enough. Richardson struggled.  Thompson had a few brain farts. Were Makinson and Percival playing?

back to earth with a bump.

I got short shrift when I said Saints hadn't played a top team yet, well they have and they got put in their place.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Very poor tonight - simply not at the races in attack.

I don’t know.  Saints looked very good in attack but Leeds tackled them out of it.  They hung in and Saints ran out of ideas other than going left.

Some young Leeds lads will be walking tall tonight and some experienced players really stood up.  Good game to watch.

In the end can't argue with the result. Saints were the better team in the first half but failed to take a lot of their chances and Child helped Leeds back into it time after time.

2nd half Leeds didn't do a lot but deserved the victory as Saints were awful. As others have said Lomax in particular was shocking and Holbrook should have taken him off. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Right, I suspect I'll get plenty of stick but here goes...

Well done Leeds but in my (one eyed) view I thought Saints were the better team except for 10 minutes in the middle of the second half. Child' made some horrible decisions for both sides but I think that those were the difference between the two teams. Leeds did what Leeds do best and ground out the win.

We obviously missed Walmsley though given the Leeds injuries then that can hardly be an excuse.

Unfortunately it felt very like playoff rugby from Leeds and I almost expect Saints to finish top of the table playing nice stuff and then come unstuck in the playoffs in a game similar to tonight. It's still early season and it might even be a blessing in disguise to lose the unbeaten record and just get on with the season. Onto the next game and then the big test over Easter.

Archived