15 Mar: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/03/18 at 19:45

24 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Or Agar. 

Or both

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Some great stuff from Rervers, disappointing from Hudds but I think they thought it was going to be a walk in the park early doors.

Perhaps even Steve Reed will post on here now.

Sorry to disappoint you.....watching live makes it difficult to give a running commentary. You should try it sometime.

I believe that Rick Stone is out of contract at the end of the the season. Do the Fartowners want to keep him or is it time for a change. I think they have generally improved under him. They were tripe when he arrived.

Some folk say never go back...onward and upwards...keep the past in the past... etc, etc,  but Tony Smith may just be rubbing his chin right now thinking hmmm !

6 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Sorry to disappoint you.....watching live makes it difficult to give a running commentary. You should try it sometime.

Not sure what that means tbh. One or two of us are still wondering who you were accusing of being obsessed earlier on in the thread. You only started posting again because you couldn't resist it once your lot pulled off such a good win.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

57 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure what that means tbh. One or two of us are still wondering who you were accusing of being obsessed earlier on in the thread. You only started posting again because you couldn't resist it once your lot pulled off such a good win.

You. You are obliged to comment sarcastically on every Rovers topic but throw a paddy should I comment on Hull posts. You are obsessed with your annoying little brother and you know it. End of.Lets get back to grown up rugby comments.

10 hours ago, Red robin said:

Hope you enjoyed the last 70 mins........I did! :tongue:

I kind of did actually. Don't get me wrong I would have prefered to see you get whacked. But some of your tries were a joy to watch.

Thats the 5th time I have seen you now this year. Once in pre season when your kids did well but your first teamers were poor. Once against Leeds where you battled hard but lacked quality. Twice against Catalans where I have tried to erase both matches from my memory. That last night was 10 times better than your other displays. If you can get close to that week in week out there is no doubt you will be top 8.

We were commenting, at the Wakey v Shudds game recently, how much weight Aaron Murphy had piled on.  KR certainly got some joy down that side.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Watching live means being there not in some obscure pub!

You literally single handedly give Rovers a bad name on here. Old frightful pushes your buttons and you go, I actually happen to think he's relatively objective, for a barcode anyway.

In the cold light of day a huge step in the right direction, dominant and the key I think was closing Brough down so often, he had no space to play in.

3 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

You. You are obliged to comment sarcastically on every Rovers topic but throw a paddy should I comment on Hull posts. You are obsessed with your annoying little brother and you know it. End of.Lets get back to grown up rugby comments.

A fine sentiment followed almost immediately by:

You just can't help yourself.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, roversbaz said:

You literally single handedly give Rovers a bad name on here. Old frightful pushes your buttons and you go, I actually happen to think he's relatively objective, for a barcode anyway.

In the cold light of day a huge step in the right direction, dominant and the key I think was closing Brough down so often, he had no space to play in.

I wouldn't worry about that. The Rovers fans on here are mostly a decent bunch who we're happy to engage with in friendly rivalry.

I think Steve's heart's in the right place too. He just can't help himself at times.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'm obsessed because I comment about Hull KR on a Hull KR match thread?

And why on God's Earth would I want to go to watch a Hull KR game live when I don't even support them?

I'll be at the AJ Bell stadium tonight watching Salford v Hull FC live if that helps.

2 hours ago, roversbaz said:

Awww...shucks, thank you...:blush:

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Brought is a busted flush unless playing behind a dominant pack with threatening backs. At 35 with off field issues he cannot carry a side.

I wouldn't bring being a 35 year old half back into any criticism of Danny Brough if I were you.

6 hours ago, Walney said:

I believe that Rick Stone is out of contract at the end of the the season. Do the Fartowners want to keep him or is it time for a change. I think they have generally improved under him. They were tripe when he arrived.

Some folk say never go back...onward and upwards...keep the past in the past... etc, etc,  but Tony Smith may just be rubbing his chin right now thinking hmmm !

I would have to disagree with you there to some degree, While a i agree we were at the edge of the drop under Anderson who was dire, and we did survive under Stone, i believe we shall be in exactly the same position 2 years later having achieved absolutely nothing in between.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Well deserved win for Rovers.

They were far superior where it matters - in both 20's and kicked well.

No intensity or desire in defence from the Giants and dull as dishwater in attack.

Surprised so many neutrals actually enjoyed the game but I was there as a Giants fan so that probably explains it.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Awww...shucks, thank you...:blush:

I wouldn't bring being a 35 year old half back into any criticism of Danny Brough if I were you.

Why? Do you think Danny Maguire is a busted flush(man of match at Old Trafford) and has off field issues? Maguire couldn't carry Rovers if Rovers pack were dominated and had little threat in the backs?

That's the difference.

You always stretch to try and attack!

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

A fine sentiment followed almost immediately by:

You just can't help yourself.

As you know but choose to ignore you claimed I only commented after Rovers won. The time of my posts would have told you I was not online throughout the game. 

I am now putting you on ignore so please consider whether to name me in your silly games.

Archived