Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

15 Mar: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2018 at 07:45 PM

57 minutes ago, Egg Banjo said:

Time for Stone to go, they are playing completely flat and offer no threat in attack or commitment in defence

Hard not to agree.  I think what Huddersfield need is Steve McNamara.....

49 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Hard not to agree.  I think what Huddersfield need is Steve McNamara.....

Or Agar. 

24 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Or Agar. 

Or both

4 hours ago, MZH said:

This could get ugly for rovers. 

And I am going to enjoy every second of it.

Glad you enjoyed it. Never write Rovers off. Ha ha.

4 hours ago, chuffer said:

I'd hate to be the KR full back tonight

Why? Quinlan had a great game,worry not about us!

4 hours ago, my missus said:

i'll predict the final score 38 hudds 32 kr two poor defenses

How wrong can you be. You are forgiven for following the pack. This SL is wide open.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Some great stuff from Rervers, disappointing from Hudds but I think they thought it was going to be a walk in the park early doors.

Perhaps even Steve Reed will post on here now.

Sorry to disappoint you.....watching live makes it difficult to give a running commentary. You should try it sometime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that Rick Stone is out of contract at the end of the the season. Do the Fartowners want to keep him or is it time for a change. I think they have generally improved under him. They were tripe when he arrived.

Some folk say never go back...onward and upwards...keep the past in the past... etc, etc,  but Tony Smith may just be rubbing his chin right now thinking hmmm !

6 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Sorry to disappoint you.....watching live makes it difficult to give a running commentary. You should try it sometime.

Not sure what that means tbh. One or two of us are still wondering who you were accusing of being obsessed earlier on in the thread. You only started posting again because you couldn't resist it once your lot pulled off such a good win.

57 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure what that means tbh. One or two of us are still wondering who you were accusing of being obsessed earlier on in the thread. You only started posting again because you couldn't resist it once your lot pulled off such a good win.

You. You are obliged to comment sarcastically on every Rovers topic but throw a paddy should I comment on Hull posts. You are obsessed with your annoying little brother and you know it. End of.Lets get back to grown up rugby comments.

10 hours ago, Red robin said:

Hope you enjoyed the last 70 mins........I did! :tongue:

I kind of did actually. Don't get me wrong I would have prefered to see you get whacked. But some of your tries were a joy to watch.

Thats the 5th time I have seen you now this year. Once in pre season when your kids did well but your first teamers were poor. Once against Leeds where you battled hard but lacked quality. Twice against Catalans where I have tried to erase both matches from my memory. That last night was 10 times better than your other displays. If you can get close to that week in week out there is no doubt you will be top 8.

• Like 1

We were commenting, at the Wakey v Shudds game recently, how much weight Aaron Murphy had piled on.  KR certainly got some joy down that side.

8 hours ago, Padge said:

Or both

Oh dont say things like that. The Hudderfield fans will be upset enough at last night.

I would rather have the Chuckle Brothers in charge.

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Watching live means being there not in some obscure pub!

You literally single handedly give Rovers a bad name on here. Old frightful pushes your buttons and you go, I actually happen to think he's relatively objective, for a barcode anyway.

In the cold light of day a huge step in the right direction, dominant and the key I think was closing Brough down so often, he had no space to play in.

• Like 1

Brought is a busted flush unless playing behind a dominant pack with threatening backs. At 35 with off field issues he cannot carry a side.

With three big games coming up winning this one was vital and the goal line defence will give them the most confidence. It looked like it was going to be a long night after the first 10 minutes but after the Quinlan try the result wasn't in doubt. It was a great team performance.

3 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

You. You are obliged to comment sarcastically on every Rovers topic but throw a paddy should I comment on Hull posts. You are obsessed with your annoying little brother and you know it. End of.Lets get back to grown up rugby comments.

A fine sentiment followed almost immediately by:

You just can't help yourself.

1 hour ago, roversbaz said:

You literally single handedly give Rovers a bad name on here. Old frightful pushes your buttons and you go, I actually happen to think he's relatively objective, for a barcode anyway.

In the cold light of day a huge step in the right direction, dominant and the key I think was closing Brough down so often, he had no space to play in.

I wouldn't worry about that. The Rovers fans on here are mostly a decent bunch who we're happy to engage with in friendly rivalry.

I think Steve's heart's in the right place too. He just can't help himself at times.

• Like 1

I'm obsessed because I comment about Hull KR on a Hull KR match thread?

And why on God's Earth would I want to go to watch a Hull KR game live when I don't even support them?

I'll be at the AJ Bell stadium tonight watching Salford v Hull FC live if that helps.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roversbaz said:

Awww...shucks, thank you...:blush:

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Brought is a busted flush unless playing behind a dominant pack with threatening backs. At 35 with off field issues he cannot carry a side.

I wouldn't bring being a 35 year old half back into any criticism of Danny Brough if I were you.

6 hours ago, Walney said:

I believe that Rick Stone is out of contract at the end of the the season. Do the Fartowners want to keep him or is it time for a change. I think they have generally improved under him. They were tripe when he arrived.

Some folk say never go back...onward and upwards...keep the past in the past... etc, etc,  but Tony Smith may just be rubbing his chin right now thinking hmmm !

I would have to disagree with you there to some degree, While a i agree we were at the edge of the drop under Anderson who was dire, and we did survive under Stone, i believe we shall be in exactly the same position 2 years later having achieved absolutely nothing in between.

Well deserved win for Rovers.

They were far superior where it matters - in both 20's and kicked well.

No intensity or desire in defence from the Giants and dull as dishwater in attack.

Surprised so many neutrals actually enjoyed the game but I was there as a Giants fan so that probably explains it.