Sign in to follow this  
muckymunksy

Liam Watts

Do you reckon they will get a bit of the signing on fee back by Featherstone signing Clark from them instead of loaning him?

52 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Quality player, bit of a numbskull.  Cas fans have been calling for a big nasty prop, he's certainly that.

I thought you had that when you signed Bailey 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

Quality player, bit of a numbskull.  Cas fans have been calling for a big nasty prop, he's certainly that.

It's certainly a statement of intent by Cas if the rumoured fees are correct.  Shame we didn't get O Brien too.

Now you’ve got him any chance we can have Millington at Saints. 

2 hours ago, MZH said:

But there are similar (and in many cases worse) cases of each of them regualarly that dont see a card. The last one was the exception, and indefensible. The one at Catalans was really reckless. Again, no arguements, but you see worse. The one on Luke Gale was really soft. He caught him sure, but Gale slipped into it. The elbow on McIllorum wasnt even worth a penalty.

Anyway. As I said I doubt the red cards were the issue. Seems his off field behaviour was the real problem and perhaps his headbutt just tested Radfords patience one time too many.

I disagree 

Disappointed in Watts if this is down to off field antics... Radders has always defended him when he thought he’d been unjustly dealt with and I’m sure given him a roasting when he has made stupid mistakes...

Watts problem is there are 3 or 4 youngsters coming through together at Hull and having come through the academy I expect they’ll be model pro’s...

Wattsy May have started to believe in the hype and thought he could get away with more than Radders or AP would stand?

Thanks for the 2 CC’s Wattsy but in Radders we trust 🙂

1 minute ago, Roy Boy said:

in Radders we trust 🙂

You pinched that off me. :nono:

He has all that's needed to be a top forward, other than a brain. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

You pinched that off me. :nono:

Have you still got your Radders Out t shirt? 😂😂😂

53 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Swap him for Barba ;)

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Swap him for Barba ;)

barber-s-pole-in-winchester-england-the-origin-of-the-barber-pole-is-associated-with-blood-.jpg

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I thought you had that when you signed Bailey 😉

Not sure about big and nasty, he was more big, niggly and garbage..

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm gutted he's leaving or gutted he just couldn't sort himself out. Quality prop. But bloody hell, needs to sort his head out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

But bloody hell, needs to sort his head out.

Well he tried to knock some sense into it using Dom Crosby’s forehead, but all he got was another ban.   Poor lad can’t win.

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Do you reckon they will get a bit of the signing on fee back by Featherstone signing Clark from them instead of loaning him?

It's a possibility, we look a bit heavy in the forwards and Powell is pretty decisive in offloading players, if he thinks he has an upgrade option mid-season.

That said, Clark seems to be going well.  Looks a better option than Springer, who I think is out of contract at the end of the year and will be on more than Clark.  Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to offload him 1st.  

Personally, based on what I heard of his performances at Feath Id like to see Clark given a 1st team shot.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

He has all that's needed to be a top forward, other than a brain. 

So he has everything needed for a top forward then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'm not sure if I'm gutted he's leaving or gutted he just couldn't sort himself out. Quality prop. But bloody hell, needs to sort his head out.

Hopefully he's getting older and wiser, but I'd doubt it.

It will give us a pretty special looking prop forward rotation Watts, Millington, Moors and Lefao  (with some decent bag up options too).  Arguably makes it worth the risk.  But....

Off the field I'd be concerned.  As I understand it the likes of Watts, Westerman, Hardaker (hammered and fighting again the other weekend), Chase and Owen - All regurlarly hung/hang about in the same places and similar social circles.  What could go wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Would not swap Millington for any other prop in SL.

Cas legend.

Thought i would be upset with this news but i cannot summon up any feelings one way or another.

Good luck to Watts.

Glad to see Radford putting the culture and harmony of the club ahead of one player, however talented. Can’t have been an easy decision but I’ll trust him that it’s the right one

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Hopefully he's getting older and wiser, but I'd doubt it.

It will give us a pretty special looking prop forward rotation Watts, Millington, Moors and Lefao  (with some decent bag up options too).  Arguably makes it worth the risk.  But....

Off the field I'd be concerned.  As I understand it the likes of Watts, Westerman, Hardaker (hammered and fighting again the other weekend), Chase and Owen - All regurlarly hung/hang about in the same places and similar social circles.  What could go wrong!

Now that he's going, I selfishly hope he doesn't sort it out!

• Haha 2

Hull have just confirmed Watts has left the club and a substantial fee has been paid by another club for his services.