Sign in to follow this  
muckymunksy

Liam Watts

3 hours ago, dkw said:

I think the bolded bit was unnecessary and a bit out of order really, I think Radford has let himself down a bit there. I think Watts moving on now is good timing for him and the club, but theres no need to insinuate things in a statement like that.

Probably frustration.  Watts could be a good international, but seems to make daft choices sometimes.  I really do hope he changes at Cas and that is very likely to happen.

imo, although we have some good forwards, some coming through are not punching the same weight just yet.  Next year, sure, and I can see another forward signing.  Bousquet could be anything, but the weather in the UK might be an issue for him to come across.

Just wondering if Wattsy has started messing around again like he did when he left HKR?

Cockayne got shown the door and Wattsy was treading on thin ice, as I recall, following an alcoholic binge and driving offences.

Can't understand these lads that risk their career and reputation but it does happen in all sports :butcher:

1 minute ago, Roy Boy said:

Just wondering if Wattsy has started messing around again like he did when he left HKR?

Cockayne got shown the door and Wattsy was treading on thin ice, as I recall, following an alcoholic binge and driving offences.

Can't understand these lads that risk their career and reputation but it does happen in all sports :butcher:

The obvious thing, to me, is give these lads a job.  Plenty of time on their hands and anything would be better than nothing.  Even if it was speaking at schools, getting involved with a charity - just something that was low risk and they couldn’t get bored.  

Radford is spot in with his statement and has every right to say what he wants. Its common knowledge in hull Watts is on borrowed Time before hes caught for something very serious although it not uncommon these days. Watch this space!!!!! Good luck Watts can't knock him for his service to Hull been outstanding 

Edited by Hullfan
Mistake
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

And with seamless timing...

Really chuffed with this news, the lad's a star.

Yep. And Tuimavave has signed a 2 years extension too. Its turning out to be not such a bad day afterall.

Just waiting on the Josh Jones announcement now...;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark S said:

Where have Cas got 200 big ones from? 

It's an insane price when you consider that Hull seemingly wanted to sell him.

It just gets better - Tuimavave signs a 2 year extension 😀

It was never in doubt. At some point, players who don’t follow the club ethos get binned. It happened at Rovers, and it eventually happened at F.C. I’m just amazed he lasted so long given his past history. 

Just need Albert Kelly to nark Radford off and I win a gentleman’s bet about the pair of them. 

Has Albert Kelly actually misbehaved since he left the NRL?   I was under the impression he’d reigned himself in a bit.

Edited by Desert Skipper

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I think it depends on how badly Watts let Radford and the club down. If they stood by him and helped him with whatever off field misdemeanors have occurred and he continued despite warnings then I think Radford had every right to insinuate Watts's wrongdoing.

The other way of looking at it, of course, is that it's a message to Hull FC fans that he hasn't been let go due to his on field misdemeanors, that's probably the important bit. Let's not forget, after one of his recent dismissals, Radford stated that Liam Watts had "Just the right amount of wrong in him." Radford would look a bit daft if we all thought that he'd been let go due to on field stuff after saying that.

I thought Radford's words were those of a man who felt badly let down and were quite restrained in the circumstances. I think we're all well aware by now that Watts' on-field disciplinary record is not the major contributory factor in all of this.

29 minutes ago, Red robin said:

It was never in doubt. At some point, players who don’t follow the club ethos get binned. It happened at Rovers, and it eventually happened at F.C. I’m just amazed he lasted so long given his past history. 

Just need Albert Kelly to nark Radford off and I win a gentleman’s bet about the pair of them. 

Watts was in his seventh season with Hull. I think that's just a little bit too long to claim "I told you so".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damp squib said:

It's an insane price when you consider that Hull seemingly wanted to sell him.

Hull had already told him he wasnt wanted, so great business considering.

34 minutes ago, Red robin said:

:blink:

Did this bet not have some sort of time limit?

As you alluded to, Watts has been at Hull FC since 2012.

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Watts was in his seventh season with Hull. I think that's just a little bit too long to claim "I told you so".

Darn it, you beat me to it...just.

I didn’t realise a time limit was part of the bet. Cockayne was with us around the same length of time before we had to say enough. 

The length of time he’s been at F.C. doesn’t matter a jot. It’s still the same manor of departure that I expected of him. 

4 minutes ago, Red robin said:

I didn’t realise a time limit was part of the bet. Cockayne was with us around the same length of time before we had to say enough. 

The length of time he’s been at F.C. doesn’t matter a jot. It’s still the same manor of departure that I expected of him. 

There you go again, lording it about.

13 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

There you go again, lording it about.

Oops. More like manner. 

On 3/13/2018 at 5:44 PM, meast said:

He'll be able to get down Airedale and practise his head butting aye :)

Years ago, when I worked in local government, I had to visit a bloke on the Airedale estate. He had a separate burglar alarm on his garden shed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red robin said:

I have to disagree with you on that I'm afraid. It matters to us a lot. He's been part of the most successful spell the club have had for decades. Whatever anybody says about him now, he's played a very significant role in that success. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I have to disagree with you on that I'm afraid. It matters to us a lot. He's been part of the most successful spell the club have had for decades. Whatever anybody says about him now, he's played a very significant role in that success. 

We all have our opinions squire. Be boring if we all agreed. 

9 minutes ago, Red robin said:

We all have our opinions squire. Be boring if we all agreed. 

Couldn't agree more.

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Well I disagree. ;)

Well it was starting to get a bit boring.