Sign in to follow this  
muckymunksy

Liam Watts

39 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Couldn't agree more.

37 minutes ago, MZH said:

Well I disagree. ;)

32 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Well it was starting to get a bit boring.

"Behind you!!!" :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Mark S said:

Where have Cas got 200 big ones from? 

We have been selling Zak cocaine for the last few months to recoup our fee.

On a serious note I'd be amazed if we had paid 200k for him.  That aside we sold 2 under 19'a for about 80k at the start of the season.  Made about £150k in prize money last year.  Season Ticket sales are up, Apparently gates and advertising up 30% and bar sales up 60%.  Probably in a fairly good place financially at present.

8 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

We have been selling Zak cocaine for the last few months to recoup our fee.

On a serious note I'd be amazed if we had paid 200k for him.  That aside we sold 2 under 19'a for about 80k at the start of the season.  Made about £150k in prize money last year.  Season Ticket sales are up, Apparently gates and advertising up 30% and bar sales up 60%.  Probably in a fairly good place financially at present.

Good to hear! The new ground will only improve those figures.

Liam Watts says a few words :

“Firstly I’d just like to thank Hull FC and Adam Pearson for the past six years. I had some achievements in winning the Challenge Cup twice and making the play-offs the last few years,” said Watts.

“The fans have been great and I met some top people on and off the pitch but the time has come to say goodbye and say hello to a new chapter in my life and that’s at my hometown club Castleford Tigers.

“I couldn’t be happier, they’ve been brilliant and I couldn’t have asked for more. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the shirt and making my mark.”

Get Daily updates directly to your inbo

28 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Liam Watts says a few words :

“Firstly I’d just like to thank Hull FC and Adam Pearson for the past six years. I had some achievements in winning the Challenge Cup twice and making the play-offs the last few years,” said Watts.

“The fans have been great and I met some top people on and off the pitch but the time has come to say goodbye and say hello to a new chapter in my life and that’s at my hometown club Castleford Tigers.

“I couldn’t be happier, they’ve been brilliant and I couldn’t have asked for more. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the shirt and making my mark.”

Get Daily updates directly to your inbo

Who’s he going to make his mark on?

15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Is that fee true? That's good business for Hull if so. Not sure it's worth the risk for Cas at that price

I don't know for a fact but my mate -his brother is on Hull's books- tells me. My mate Phil from HKR Radio has told me it is just over £100k, and he is very reliable so who knows.

Hull got £100k plus either way ha. 

I would say the fee is nowhere near £200k and far more likely to be around the £110k - £120k mark.

Still a decent amount of money for a player you want rid of.

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I would say the fee is nowhere near £200k and far more likely to be around the £110k - £120k mark.

Still a decent amount of money for a player you want rid of.

Reading that FC could be using the funds to buy Kopzcak from Salford as his replacement.

5 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Reading that FC could be using the funds to buy Kopzcak from Salford as his replacement.

That's certainly one of the names mentioned and it often happens that the last game a player plays for a club is against his potential suitors.

I don't quite think that'll happen in this case as Hull have already suggested waiting a while to see who becomes available.

I would have thought, in a city with such cross town rivalry, someone would have coughed what LW had been up to.  Doesn’t seem to be the case and people are condemning him without facts to base it on.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

I would have thought, in a city with such cross town rivalry, someone would have coughed what LW had been up to.  Doesn’t seem to be the case and people are condemning him without facts to base it on.

Maybe he was being a naughty boy in West Yorkshire where he comes from? Lee Radford has condemned him. I don’t think he woke up on Monday morning and thought “I’m bored. I know I’ll sell Liam Watts today”

Edited by deluded pom?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

For starters he lives in West Yorkshire, and thats where his mates are. So whatever hes been up to wouldnt likely be done in Hull.

I don't think hes been up to anything terrible. Just been unprofessional. I'm led to believe that during Ellis' captaincy the senior players in the squad brought in an in season drinking ban. There were exceptions if it was agreed as a group. The team going out to celebrate a win when they had a day off etc. But apparantly Watts was out with his mates regularly and was often turning up late for training etc. He had crossed words with Radford and some other players several times and eventually patience ran out.

I think you expect rugby players to be a bit daft sometimes. Get a group of young guys earning decent money with a bit of a public profile and things are bound to happen. But Watts is 27 now and has two kids I believe. He should be one of those senior guys setting the example to the rest of the squad. He is hardly a monster, but it seems he has just never grown up.

• Like 2

And this is exactly why I said radford was wrong saying what he did in his statement, there will now be all kinds of speculation. 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

And this is exactly why I said radford was wrong saying what he did in his statement, there will now be all kinds of speculation. 

Tbf there would have been speculation anyway. Hull arent just going to get rid of one of their best players mid season for no reason. Plus the HDM had already mentioned off field issues before the club said anything.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Maybe he was being a naughty boy in West Yorkshire where he comes from? Lee Radford has condemned him. I don’t think he woke up on Monday morning and thought “I’m bored. I know I’ll sell Liam Watts today”

Cas would probably know if he'd done anything major locally.  Don't get me wrong, he's not angel but any incidents tend to become common knowledge fairly quickly and nothing had come out recently.

Edited by Gates1

5 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Cas would probably know if he'd done anything major locally.  Don't get me wrong, he's not angel but any incidents tend to become common knowledge fairly quickly and nothing had come out recently.

They weren’t exactly on the ball with Hardaker or Chase were they? Maybe Powell thinks he can tame the bad boys?

5 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Constantly breaking a drinking ban that folk might not even know existed isn't going to get many tongues wagging in Castleford though is it?, and that could well be the major reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Not just drinking by all accounts. Him and Taylor dont see eye to eye aswel. 

Scott Taylor? If so then the stories about his time at Wigan could indicate that he might be the common denominator here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Scott Taylor? If so then the stories about his time at Wigan could indicate that he might be the common denominator here.

Yes Scott Taylor!!

What happened at Wigan with him, do tell???

14 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Not just drinking by all accounts. Him and Taylor dont see eye to eye aswel. 

And you know this how?

To be honest all that testosterone in any club means they aren’t all going to get on. Players fall out in all team sports. 

Non story for me.