Sign in to follow this  
Krzzystuff

Challenge Cup Run

A pity the game is in Warrington as I am sure a few BBC execs would suddenly find RL to be irresistible on the back of a jaunt across the Atlantic....

globe and mail article saying Matty Russell not likely to suit up for the sunday game against his former club...wonder if it was a condition of release in case we faced them at some point in the CC?.. bet he wants to get stuck in..

Get rid of Rowley and the grubby tactics and you may just get taken seriously.

poor showing today by Toronto, real Rowley thug type stuff.

7 hours ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Get rid of Rowley and the grubby tactics and you may just get taken seriously.

poor showing today by Toronto, real Rowley thug type stuff.

I don't think Torontonians overly care what outsiders think. Most of Canada hates Toronto, so they are use to being unpopular. They also love a sporting thug in Toronto. For example, the video below shows one Toronto's most popular sportsmen of the 90s/00s. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhTrFzBK2s

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

I don't think Torontonians overly care what outsiders think. Most of Canada hates Toronto, so they are use to being unpopular. They also love a sporting thug in Toronto. For example, the video below shows one Toronto's most popular sportsmen of the 90s/00s. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhTrFzBK2s

Ice Hockey Thuggery makes Rugby League look like child's play.

There is literally hours of footage of Tie Domi being a thug.  That's not even a bad one.

18 minutes ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Rugby League isn't ice hockey, therin lies the difference.

Yes, but it's one of the first things Canadians compare it to when they see the sport for the first time.  You should come play Rugby in Canada sometime, you would be surprised how the sport is played here.  You get ice hockey and grid iron converts literally trying to murder their opponents because that is how those sports are played and coached over here.  

They've tried changing culture the past few years because of the issue with head injuries and concussions but the mentality of those two sports is widespread and will be that way for a very long time.

2 hours ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Rugby League isn't ice hockey, therin lies the difference.

The sports are different but in Toronto, the culture is the same. And the more you hate Toronto for it, the more Torontonians will support it. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't said i hate Toronto, far from it.

We at Leigh are too familiar with Rowleys style of play, it didn't make any friends over here and or will it help your case to be taken seriously as a SL side.

20 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

The sports are different but in Toronto, the culture is the same. And the more you hate Toronto for it, the more Torontonians will support it. 

but most these players learnt the game at st pats and eccles so nowt canadian as rubbed off on them yet.. you support it all you want but you will get caught out week after week in sl if things dont change,

13 minutes ago, silverback said:

but most these players learnt the game at st pats and eccles so nowt canadian as rubbed off on them yet.. you support it all you want but you will get caught out week after week in sl if things dont change,

All I am saying is that it will not turn off your average sports fan in Toronto. 

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

All I am saying is that it will not turn off your average sports fan in Toronto. 

well there easy pleased fella. give me a fev v fax game for propper rugby anyday. infact with all the protection the hockey players have on your  not going to tell me you think there tuff guys, take there armour off and stick em on pitch and see how long they would a gone wi  likes  mozza barry mac and peacock..:aggressive: and nowt cheap.

yea gawds...what a pointless thread this has become...outa here...

lol it's done until next year for sure. I haven't read the recent comments but guessing its the M62 Positive Police come out in full force to support us in our loss?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

lol it's done until next year for sure. I haven't read the recent comments but guessing its the M62 Positive Police come out in full force to support us in our loss?

Spot on Krzzystuff.   But for me it's the massacring of the English language that's the worst part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Spot on Krzzystuff.   But for me it's the massacring of the English language that's the worst part.

nope, massacering our game with british players and thinking your good is worse, but best of it you have a lot worse to come before you even start to be in same class as leeds n cas. time will tell i suppose but from what have seen so far i really aint sure.

7 hours ago, silverback said:

well there easy pleased fella. give me a fev v fax game for propper rugby anyday. infact with all the protection the hockey players have on your  not going to tell me you think there tuff guys, take there armour off and stick em on pitch and see how long they would a gone wi  likes  mozza barry mac and peacock..:aggressive: and nowt cheap.

I play both sports, the reason you wear kit in hockey is to.....

1.  Protect you from the puck which can travel upwards of 100km/h, trust me it is not fun to get hit with and can break bones/potentially kill you if it hits you in the right spot.

2.  Players regularly skate at between 40-50km/h.  The hits in hockey are way harder.  You get bruised playing rugby but most hits are nothing compared to a hard body check in hockey which is essentially a shoulder charge at high speed.  

I know for a fact Bob Probert or Tie Domi could kick 99% of rugby players asses.  Why?  Because they fight for a living.

Edited by CanadianRugger
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

I play both sports, the reason you wear kit in hockey is to.....

1.  Protect you from the puck which can travel upwards of 100km/h, trust me it is not fun to get hit with and can break bones/potentially kill you if it hits you in the right spot.

2.  Players regularly skate at between 40-50km/h.  The hits in hockey are way harder.  You get bruised playing rugby but most hits are nothing compared to a hard body check in hockey which is essentially a shoulder charge at high speed.  

I know for a fact Bob Probert or Tie Domi could kick 99% of rugby players asses.  Why?  Because they fight for a living.

i dident think they wore all the padding to keep warm..lol. am just saying would half those players be as tough without it. these two hockey players you mention might be able to fight, have not seen much hockey of late, but can they run at walmsley or delaney and not react like simms or bussy when they bounce off.. some tough lads in bull riding too but might be a bit stiff for the mighty wolfpack..:superman: