Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Antoni Maria

He's one of the reasons why Leigh look a weaker outfit than last season.

But tell me.....how does he go from looking like one of the best props in the comp playing for Leigh and then getting very little gametime for Catalan? 

Edited by The Daddy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

But tell me.....how does he go from looking like one of the best props in the comp playing for Leigh and then getting very little gametime for Catalan? 

I think he must have misread Catalan as Canada and is now stricken with grief that he's not playing in the Leyhter dream team TWP.

PS this is fun humor so laugh people and don't get all emotional.

Edited by Krzzystuff
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

He didn’t play a lot for Leigh mate.  Don’t think he played 10 games and seemed to be always on the bench.

15 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I think you judge the quality of the coaching of a sports team by seeing how well the individual assets do, and collectively whether the team performance seems to exceed the collective sum of the individual assets.

I fear that, just now at Les Dracs, the individuals are performing below par (and/or not being given the chance to rectify that) and collectively are spectacularly less effective than, on paper, they ought to be.

That's down to the coaching and the management, I'm afraid.

Maria and Simon are both examples of players who look less effective than when they were elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think you judge the quality of the coaching of a sports team by seeing how well the individual assets do, and collectively whether the team performance seems to exceed the collective sum of the individual assets.

I fear that, just now at Les Dracs, the individuals are performing below par (and/or not being given the chance to rectify that) and collectively are spectacularly less effective than, on paper, they ought to be.

That's down to the coaching and the management, I'm afraid.

Maria and Simon are both examples of players who look less effective than when they were elsewhere.

Agreed. Yes you can say the same about Simon. He was tearing it up at Wakefield, but now he's nowhere to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

He didn’t play a lot for Leigh mate.  Don’t think he played 10 games and seemed to be always on the bench.

Another of the departed coaches mistakes, like getting shut of Ridyard.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

As usual you're completely wrong, he played 15 games and started 9.

But a totally pointless signing for Catalans as I said at the time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Why a pointless signing for Cats? 

16 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

I based my response on RLP, where they had him down as playing 8 regular season.  He played 3 middle 8s.

But, as usual, an aggressive retort and confirmation that you’re never wrong.  

Edited by Lowdesert

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Another of the departed coaches mistakes, like getting shut of Ridyard.

Yes, he came back and bit them Harry.  Doing it tough right now at Leigh and the movement of players imo has proved too much. Sure, they’ve had to cut their cloth, but the amount of ins, outs and off contracts is alarming.

2018 Gains: Ben Crooks (Castleford Tigers, 2019), Rhys Evans (Warrington Wolves, 2020), Craig Hall (Toronto Wolfpack, 2019), Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2019), Kevin Larroyer (Castleford Tigers, 2019), Kyle Lovett (Wests Tigers, 2019), Nathan Mason(Huddersfield Giants, 2018), Peter Mata'utia(Newcastle Knights, 2020), Daniel Mortimer(Cronulla Sharks, 2018), Larne Patrick(Castleford Tigers, 2019), Greg Richards (St Helens RLFC, 2019), Bodene Thompson (New Zealand Warriors, 2019), Jordan Thompson(Hull FC, 2019), Paterika Vaivai (Gold Coast Titans, 2019)
2018 Losses: Mitch Brown (Warrington Wolves), Lachlan Burr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), James Clare (Castleford Tigers), James Green (Castleford Tigers), Adam Higson (Toronto Wolfpack), Sam Hopkins(Toronto Wolfpack), Samisoni Langi (Catalan Dragons), Antoni Maria (Catalan Dragons), Cory Paterson (Toronto Wolfpack), Danny Tickle (Hull Kingston Rovers), Dayne Weston(retired)
Re-Signed: Jamie Acton (2021), Liam Hood(2019), Daniel Mortimer (2018), Ben Reynolds(2020)
Off Contract 2018: Matthew DawsonNathan MasonDaniel MortimerEloi PelissierGlenn StewartDave ThompsonAtelea Vea
Edited by Lowdesert

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Yes, he came back and bit them Harry.  Doing it tough right now at Leigh and the movement of players imo has proved too much. Sure, they’ve had to cut their cloth, but the amount of ins, outs and off contracts is alarming.

2018 Gains: Ben Crooks (Castleford Tigers, 2019), Rhys Evans (Warrington Wolves, 2020), Craig Hall (Toronto Wolfpack, 2019), Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2019), Kevin Larroyer (Castleford Tigers, 2019), Kyle Lovett (Wests Tigers, 2019), Nathan Mason(Huddersfield Giants, 2018), Peter Mata'utia(Newcastle Knights, 2020), Daniel Mortimer(Cronulla Sharks, 2018), Larne Patrick(Castleford Tigers, 2019), Greg Richards (St Helens RLFC, 2019), Bodene Thompson (New Zealand Warriors, 2019), Jordan Thompson(Hull FC, 2019), Paterika Vaivai (Gold Coast Titans, 2019)
2018 Losses: Mitch Brown (Warrington Wolves), Lachlan Burr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), James Clare (Castleford Tigers), James Green (Castleford Tigers), Adam Higson (Toronto Wolfpack), Sam Hopkins(Toronto Wolfpack), Samisoni Langi (Catalan Dragons), Antoni Maria (Catalan Dragons), Cory Paterson (Toronto Wolfpack), Danny Tickle (Hull Kingston Rovers), Dayne Weston(retired)
Re-Signed: Jamie Acton (2021), Liam Hood(2019), Daniel Mortimer (2018), Ben Reynolds(2020)
Off Contract 2018: Matthew DawsonNathan MasonDaniel MortimerEloi PelissierGlenn StewartDave ThompsonAtelea Vea

The heart has been ripped from the club, we have a disease that has spread like wild fire. Administration and rebuild from C1 is a probability

11 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Why a pointless signing for Cats? 

They are well-stocked at prop, they have 6 other capable senior props and a couple of youngsters who could probably play a dozen games each if required (and are now unlikely to get much if any gametime). Bringing in Maria was unnecessary and a waste of cap space.

On 13/03/2018 at 10:50 PM, Evil Homer said:

Does it state,how long he was injured?

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The heart has been ripped from the club, we have a disease that has spread like wild fire. Administration and rebuild from C1 is a probability

What's C1?