Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Danny Ansell

Dewsbury have just signed Danny Ansell who left you for Swinton but never played there.

What do you guys reckon - is he any good?

Not for that level, probably why he never played for Swinton.

i believe he played 1 game against toulouse in france. started too. well thats what it says on bbc sport and loverugbyleague stats

It all depends in a lot of situations how players are coached and what a particular coach sees in them and how they fit into a style of play. I can name hundreds of players over the years whilst I've been watching this game that have been mediocre for one club and then excelled under a new coach and environment. Let's hope Danny is one of those.  

i think were being a bit hard on the kid,  he improved no end last season and  was named Swintons m o m in the game he played for them at the start of the season. Playing alongside Paul Sykes or Gareth Moore will no doubt improve him.

• Like 2

What I seen of Danny in my opinion was he was only good when we played the likes of Oxford or say Hemel .When it comes to the better teams , he went absent missing tackles and not being in the game. He did play a lot of games for Hunslet but he would not have been in my team if I was anything to have done with it ,   I wish him all the best with you though .