Jake Butler-Fleming Loaned to Bulls for a month

I don't know why they are sending him down...I think he should be in the starting 13...he is the big back they need and I liked his style, great potential there.

2 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

A loan is over a fixed term (normally with a recall option) whilst DR is normally on a game by game basis.

As above, no recall option for the first 28 days.

Seems a strange time to loan a player with it being Cup weekend as if he plays he’ll be cup tied for the rest of the year.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Seems a strange time to loan a player with it being Cup weekend as if he plays he’ll be cup tied for the rest of the year.

I suppose it depends on the players "importance" to his home club.Leeds sent two out on loan last week (Jordan-Roberts and Lilley)one can play for his loan team in the cup,the other can't. 

Yep,should've explained the loan deal better. 

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Doubt he'll feature this week as cup squad was announced before he signed. He's more likely to feature for reserves as our first choice centers are both available and better players.

1 hour ago, getemonsideblog said:

Always a fear for York City Knights fans that he would end up playing for Bradford this season... great shame that he is back with a different League 1 club after leaving so late in pre season...

Last season York lent Coventry a player, they called him back leaving the Bears short at late notice. They didn't call him back to use themselves but to loan to another club. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Last season York lent Coventry a player, they called him back leaving the Bears short at late notice. They didn't call him back to use themselves but to loan to another club. 

Not quite the same but I do see your point.

The reason York let Butler-Fleming go so late in the off season is to allow him to return to play in the Championship. Yes, York got a fee but I'm not sure that they'll be too chuffed that he's back in their league again.

2 hours ago, getemonsideblog said:

Not quite the same but I do see your point.

The reason York let Butler-Fleming go so late in the off season is to allow him to return to play in the Championship. Yes, York got a fee but I'm not sure that they'll be too chuffed that he's back in their league again.

You take the money and you no longer have a say, simple. If York were that bothered they could have put a clause in the transfer allowing York first call on him if he was to be loaned out

I'm not doubting his quality but I can't see that we need him at all. Presumably, he's not allowed to play in the cup on Sunday (we've named the squad) and there aren't really any must-win games at this stage of the season  We've shedloads of players and keeping them all happy must be problem already.

I assume we are doing a favour to the Wolfpack on the understanding that we'll get something in return later in the season.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

14 hours ago, DoubleD said:

You take the money and you no longer have a say, simple. If York were that bothered they could have put a clause in the transfer allowing York first call on him if he was to be loaned out

I completely get that, I understand how and why it has happened - just frustrating I reckon. Though it will be the fans - if anybody - who are bothered

On 16/03/2018 at 4:08 PM, Bearman said:

The lad lived in Leeds and when Hunslet needed a player he obviously preferred that option to playing down in Coventry. I imagine the decision was his rather than York's.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, Wolford6 said:

I'm not doubting his quality but I can't see that we need him at all. Presumably, he's not allowed to play in the cup on Sunday (we've named the squad) and there aren't really any must-win games at this stage of the season  We've shedloads of players and keeping them all happy must be problem already.

I assume we are doing a favour to the Wolfpack on the understanding that we'll get something in return later in the season.

We've lost Alex Brown who has retired, so that does leave us a threequarter short and we're currently playing Lee Smith as a centre with Ash Gibson. Neither of those two, whilst having good points, are the best at serving their respective winger which leaves us with edge players rarely seeing the ball. I'm hoping Butler-Fleming can make up that deficiency and along with hopefully getting Ross Oakes teamed up again with Ethan Ryan, our backs can flourish and give a wider dimension to our attacking play.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Archived