Sign in to follow this  
Amber Ribbon

Leigh away

The Amber Ribbon Coach Trip

To Leigh

Sunday 25th March

Join us for a fun day out.

Bookings are now being taken for those that are interested in attending. Cost of the trip is £13 Per Person.

There will be 3 Pickup points:

Hanging Heaton WMC @12.15pm.

Opposite the Timepiece Dewsbury @ 12.30pm.

Layby opposite Tesco's in Mirfield @ 12.45pm.

To guarantee your place the deadline is 6pm on Wednesday 21st March.

Any spare places will be allocated on a first come first served basis after the deadline.

Please advise us of your pickup preference at the time of booking.

Contact us on our Travel email address Amberribbon.Travel_Club@yahoo.com

Or by contacting an Amber Ribbon Committee Member.

Only a few places remain for the trip to Leigh. To guarantee a place the deadline is 6pm Wednesday 21st March.

The coach will return at 6pm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amber Ribbon said:

The coach will return at 6pm...

Or half time if they Leigh post 40

Different team on their own patch

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Or half time if they Leigh post 40

Different team on their own patch

Is that why the only game they have won at home is against Batley:clapping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Every half-time at the LSV  this season we have been in the lead, but we've lost every 2nd half, bar one. So if you're winning at half time, the points are yours ! ;)

37 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Every half-time at the LSV  this season we have been in the lead, but we've lost every 2nd half, bar one. So if you're winning at half time, the points are yours ! ;)

Hopefully your right 👍

12 hours ago, clogdance said:

Can't believe you really think that. Such is our lot in life, that struggling teams always wait until they play us to find their form. Plus I think our injury problems might play a big part. Hopeful but not optimistic.

• Sad 1

I'm joking about the 'half time' bit, but at the moment we are the Catalans of the championship. Impressive team sheet, but on  the field, just not working. But one thing you (should) will notice on Sunday, that you won't be able to tell it's a full time team v a part time one.

10 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Can't believe you really think that. Such is our lot in life, that struggling teams always wait until they play us to find their form. Plus I think our injury problems might play a big part. Hopeful but not optimistic.

Hard to see how we might beat a team that just did the Doggies in their own yard...Particularly If Sykes not fit 

10 minutes ago, NickD said:

Hard to see how we might beat a team that just did the Doggies in their own yard...Particularly If Sykes not fit 

Leigh have only beaten one team so far this season twice in all comps, our friends across the valley. Batley have won two games, Barrow home and Swinton away. Do we think that Leigh & Batley are better than ourselves? How do we know Sykes isn't fit? On current season form I feel we have a good chance of taking the spoils.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Leigh have only beaten one team so far this season twice in all comps, our friends across the valley. Batley have won two games, Barrow home and Swinton away. Do we think that Leigh & Batley are better than ourselves? How do we know Sykes isn't fit? On current season form I feel we have a good chance of taking the spoils.

Tell me YU where do you buy the stuff your drinking...

9 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

I still believe that the Doggies are at a higher level.  Their opening fixtures maybe a tad more difficult to ours so far?

hope I’m wrong of course but we’ll see.  

I think that, like the Catalans, there is too much latent talent to be consistently poor and to be fair the Leythers have had some stiff fixtures. They dismembered the Gallant Yoths easily enough at home; I think we may cop it Sunday and lose by 20.

Maybe we will have a couple of minor injuries to key players that will prevent them turning out for this game but from which they will recover by Friday. On the other hand Batley should fancy their chances against Fev ( :D ) and have a really tough encounter on Sunday.

Who knows?

On 3/20/2018 at 4:45 PM, clogdance said:

I'm joking about the 'half time' bit, but at the moment we are the Catalans of the championship. Impressive team sheet, but on  the field, just not working. But one thing you (should) will notice on Sunday, that you won't be able to tell it's a full time team v a part time one.

There's an old Cricket adage that says form is temporary, but class is permanent. I'd suggest it applies in rugby too.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

There's an old Cricket adage that says form is temporary, but class is permanent. I'd suggest it applies in rugby too.

Particularly when applied to the spectators (RL only though).

• Haha 1

You must be in with a serious chance of grabbing the points. Our confidence has been very fragile, even when on top and in front. Hopefully, Sunday's victory may have boosted that confidence, and hopefully, the younger squad members who were introduced last week, will retain their places.

Have a safe trip, if you are coming over to LSV.

(P.S. Don't suppose you could persuade Batley to come in your place?;))

11 hours ago, AlanE said:

You must be in with a serious chance of grabbing the points. Our confidence has been very fragile, even when on top and in front. Hopefully, Sunday's victory may have boosted that confidence, and hopefully, the younger squad members who were introduced last week, will retain their places.

Have a safe trip, if you are coming over to LSV.

(P.S. Don't suppose you could persuade Batley to come in your place?;))

Aye - they'll be thirsting for revenge. :tongue: